Is it worth taking a look at Kaepernick next year and Draft A QB?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ultrajet, Nov 22, 2015.

1. SuperBowlesChamp

Kap is a steaming pile of dog shit. He cant read defenses, and has no accuracy or touch. I wouldn't even give a 7th round pick for him. He'll be a back-up on some team next season, hopefully not ours, and out of the league in 3. Total garbage.

Ben Had likes this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Well he's essentially useless as a quarterback at this point. Maybe sign him as a QB coach since it's more practical than assuming he'll get hurt? I wonder if he's interested in a coaching career, I'm sure he'd be great at it. I always wanted to see Chad get into it.

3. GTA_G20

GTA_G20 Member

Kaep coming to the Jets would be Tebow 2.0

/Thread

4. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Even though he's the best of the 3?

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Good God no.

6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

rivers does not want to go to a big market why even bother trying when he has already said that.

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

well for what it is worth from Si and Peter King
    The Philadelphia Eagles are the most likely spot for Colin Kaepernick this offseason, according to the surveying of Peter King.

The New York Jets are second, while the Baltimore Ravens are third after the ACL and MCL tears suffered by Joe Flacco.

The Oakland Raiders are another team that could be interested in Kaepernick, albeit as a backup to Derek Carr.

Peter King/Sports Illustrated

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Suck a cock Peter King! Take your shitty QB and leave Jordan Matthews alone!

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I want no parts of Kaepernick on this team.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'm guessing peyton is more interested in owning a team than joining the coaching ranks

11. EXPRESS2PENN

EXPRESS2PENN Member

We must rebuild the Oline before we send any young qb out there. Its pretty sad that the amount of Oline men we have on this team, we can't put together a decent front.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  12. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

If Peyton does want to play in 2016 and the Broncos don't want him back I would most certainly go after him. At his age knowing it's probably his last season he might not demand that much money and gets to play in same stadium as Eli. Familiar with Decker and gets to be clear cut starter. Highly unlikely and he might be truly done but I'm all on board bringing him in.

13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Manning mocked the Jets when they reached out to him when he was a free agent. Let him play for the Browns.

rammagen likes this.
  14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Have you seen Peyton Manning play this year? Fitz is having a far better year.

15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Stafford is the only name that I would be extremely optimistic for. Kid is still young, thrown for a ton of yards and would instantly upgrade our offense 10 fold. Kaep is a running qb, they all are terrible after a few seasons.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Stafford been looking like crap this year. Jay Cutler has outplayed him tenfold.

I'm not saying get Cutler. just for comparison since these are the names being thrown around in here.

17. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

wow this forum is sad.

when is the last time we had a QB with:

- career completion percentage of 60%,
    - a positive win rating with 50+ games played,
    - a career QB raiting of 88,
    - 2-1 TD/INT ratio
    - 600 yards rushing/ season
    -3350 yards passing/season

I bet alot of "fans" in green bay thought woodson was done to, and in DEN they prob thought peyton was done after his neck injury and NO fans prob thought brees. I refuse to believe a QB who has played this well in his career all the sudden be done without and major injuries. there are plenty of players who benefited greatly from new scenery and with stats like that calling him garbage is extremely dumb.

(NOTE: Im not saying his stats are god-like but they are better then anything we have had in like I cant even rememeber.)

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Dude, he's 39.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

despite the expert analysis by the majority I say yes to Kaep.

Here are facts:
    When supported by a solid D Kaep has done well.
    When supported by a solid run game Kaep has done well.
    When supported by relatively good passing options Kaep has done well.

Kaep is in a shit situation at this point, and it's shown. The same exact thing will happen to Russell Wilson when the inevitable decline happens in SEA (which frankly has already started). But I bet when Russell was in the SB and Kaep was in the SB Jets fans would have called you crazy for saying no the Kaep. Just like many would call you crazy for saying no to Wilson today. But I bet in 2 years they'll be calling you crazy for saying YES to Wilson.

Outside of the super elite QB, situation makes a HUGE HUGE difference. Kaep is no different. He's a guy who has displayed he can perform at a high level when in a positive situation. Remember when Wilson and Kaep were taking the league by storm at the same time? The only difference between the 2 is the SF 49ers fell off in all facets of the game, including coaching changes, and the Seahawks haven't yet.

Just for some hindsight:
    • Same fanbase who said Cutler was a disaster and you were crazy for suggesting it as recently as this offseason. Cutler looks pretty good these days huh?
    • Same fan base who said you'd be crazy for saying you wanted Rivers a few years ago. He turned out to rebound nicely huh?
    • Same fanbase who said NO to Alex Smith. He ain't that bad.
    • Same fan base who said you'd be crazy for suggesting acquiring Carson Palmer a few years back. Yeah ok....
    • Let's not even begin with the folks who said people were crazy for talking about wanting to bring Peyton in a few years ago, because we had MARK SANCHEZ. Stop it people.

For a fanbase so HELL BENT on acquiring a QB we seem to write off an awful lot of them.

#39 TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

wait whos 39? im confused. if kap is 39 and looks like that we should sign him and give some of his blood to joe namath!