BREAKING NEWS: Attacks in Paris, over 120 dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Nov 13, 2015.

1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Of all the notes and chords available to musicians, they just had to choose the ones that made them Nickelback

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You can tell how this is a fledgling group - they haven't mastered the art of sign making just yet. The seasoned jihadi, on the other hand, knows how to make the front page of the New York Times with nothing but a 30-cent posterboard from Al-Staples and a blue Sharpie.

Let's keep it simple next time guys, eh?

[​IMG]

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In other words, force them into being Jets fans.

Brook! and JetsVilma28 like this.
  4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I like the concept here. But your execution leaves a bit to be desired. You probably know this, but hope that the best you could do was enough. Well...

I'll give you a C-. Maybe practice can get your grade up.

5. Sundayjack

Heh. Swear on a stack of Korans that's what I was thinking as I typed that.

On the other hand, if someone could convince me that enduring it all means there's a flock of virgins waiting on the other side, it might be a reasonable trade off. Maybe.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  6. Dierking

We've plowed this field before Jack. The virgins thing is a mistranslation. It really means donkeys.

I've said this before but it'd almost be worth believing in religion again if it meant I'd get to see the look on some expired jihadi asshole's face as he entered nirvana and got the surprise of his afterlife.

Cman68 and Aewhistory like this.
  7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

you really are a special kind of idiot aren't you?

RuJFan likes this.
  8. Dierking

The really politically incorrect thing to say about the Middle East and the Muslim world in general is that, unlike the west, they haven't yet gone through the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. Yeah, I'm a racist, eurocentric elitist prick, have at me.

But the fact is that we in the west have developed certain norms and values that are real and important things. We haven't always lived up to our ideals, hell maybe we rarely do, but they are ideals that most people at least will pay lip service to. Our Muslim brothers don't come at the world with the same views we do. I'm not sure they are assimilable into the west until they get out of the middle ages.

9. Big Blocker

I disagree here. While of course the growth of Protestantism had the effect of ending all forms of Church rule over those who left it, and even for Catholics there was a liberalization as part of the Counter-Reformation, it is incorrect to say that coercive violence was anywhere near the primary motivation behind the rise of Protestantism. Martin Luther was the first significant Protestant leader, and his primary and immediate concern was the use of indulgences by the Catholic Church. But he also thought on doctrinal grounds that Scripture did not recognize Purgatory, and that the doctrine of the merits of the saints had no basis in Scripture, either. He sought to use a widening knowledge of Scripture by Christians as a means of improving the religion's practice.

While there had been an earlier period, from the 12th Century into the 13th, when there were some fairly widespread inquisitorial practices directed by the Pope (culminating in Pope Innocent IV's authorization of torture to compel admissions of heresy), these had backed off considerably by 1517 when Luther published his 95 Theses. By the time of Luther the main practice of Inquisitions was in Spain, which was not anywhere near where Luther was (southern Germany, of course).

It is incorrect to say Protestantism was a response to inquisitions on two grounds. First is that other concerns were primary. Second is that inquisitions were not common practice throughout Christendom at the time.

We are going far afield from the current subject in any event. Suffice to say that the current state of Islam has no instructive parallels to the history of Christianity. And I mean none.

#469 Big Blocker, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Kinda a dumb idea to do that...Lots of anger in that city...Will come under far right attacks...

I'm shocked the 30 even wasted their time to do that.

11. nyjetsmets89

12. nyjetsmets89

How was I supposed to know you love Nickelback?

13. Big Blocker

I am not sure what your point here is. I take it that those who say that are sort of making excuses for Islam, as in the average muslim hears contradictory interpretations of the tenets of the faith because those who are its ministers and theologians have not ("yet") agreed on a more unified and moderate position. Those who do that see an incorrect parallel to the Protestant Reformation more than to the Renaissance.

But you are correct if you are instead saying what Islam needs is yes, agreement on a more moderate and unified position. But they need merely look to the west for what the Renaissance has taught not merely the west but the whole world. The problem is the radical islamists have demonstrated no interest in diong that. In fact muslim society was much more moderate 50 years ago than today.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

But, we're trying to give them a reason NOT to bomb stuff. All that will do is make them worse.

15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

French President still going forward with welcoming 30,000 refugees over the next 2 years despite these attacks.

Fuckin coward.

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  16. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

its not cowardice. Its insanity and a maybe even a desire to destroy the country from within

17. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I guess there isnt enough blood on this guys hands for his liking.

Total slap in the face to the people over there and basically saying to the families of those murdered, that their loved ones died for no reason.

Atleast if he put his foot down and said he wasnt going to accept any new refugees, it might've at the very least called for a change.

Now we're just gonna have that many more attacks for no reason. Pointless.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Okay now I have had it.

ISIS released a new video with some guy putting a bomb inside a jacket and showing pictures of Herald Square. Around where I live!

I want this shit over, I want ISIS to be destroyed and if it must Syria and all Islamic radicalized bitch nations blown to pieces.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/18/isis-threatens-nyc-in-new-propaganda-video/

19. Sundayjack

Donkeys? Yeah, I guess I remember that. Still, I'd at least like the option.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No one is saying to take refugees into your house. Just to allow them to live in the country. And saying you don't want Muslims in the country is not "national security", it's racism.