BREAKING NEWS: Attacks in Paris, over 120 dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Woman wearing a suicide belt inside this apartment building. Apparently they have bunch of explosives enough to blow up the building. They just want to kill as many police as possible

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

and then we have Obama saying things like ".... and they're scared of widows and 3-year-old orphans", while talking about anti-refugee politicians. Well, any widow can be a suicide bomber and today's "3-year old orphan" will be old enough to blow himself up in about 7-8 years.

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Some extra police presence at Amsterdam airport as of this morning.

5. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Obama's a fucking clown. It's real easy to talk shit when you live in a fortress with a personal bodyguard detachment, as you travel in a limo that could withstand a goddamn ATGM to get on your personal airplane with countermeasures people wouldn't even fucking believe, to meet with people who live in similar or better security to talk about how the rest of us are awful people for not wanting a mass influx of refugees everyone knows good and well they don't have the capabilities to properly vet coming into OUR neighborhoods.

#405 Kerley Shuffle, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

"To forgive the terrorists is up to God, but to send them to him is up to me."

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Apparently she only blew herself up.

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Excellent outcome.

They did kill a police dog though. RIP.

9. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

What a mess. Just an absolute mess.

I'm not necessarily saying that the US should put 100,000 troops on the ground for another ten-year war, but my god, something has to be done. Trump has been saying it for a while now - TAKE OUT THE OIL. You cut off their economic funding, you will strangle this guys and significantly damage their ability to purchase weapons and hardware. I just can't believe how inactive we are on this. These ISIS guys are chopping people's heads off, killing innocents at will, and what the fuck do we do? Nothing at all! It's just a disgrace.

donkey likes this.
  10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are the useless Middle Easterners going to stand up and fight for themselves?

I'm amazed that many folks that think like you have no problem wanting to waste trillion overseas (you want another ground war - just say it) but when $5 is proposed to be spent on something here in America...DEBT!!!!!!!! DEFICIT!!!!!!!

#410 deathstar, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For people in the Middle East ISIS and Al Qaida are daily shit. We deal with a serious attack once every 5 years but they have bombs and beheadings all the time.

For most Muslims in the path of fire I have no doubt they hate ISIS and Al Qaida much more than we do but they're also in the path of the fire and scared to say anything because unlike us somebody might come knocking on their door with a AK-47 and start shooting when they open the door.

Women who go with their heads uncovered in some areas are likely to wind up with a big lock of hair tacked to their forehead as a reminder of the rules. If they're lucky.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Islam is overdue for a Reformation process, however even Christianity's Reformation didn't solve the violence problems. Jews were still getting massacred and witches burned and black men lynched well into the last century despite the Reformation occurring in the 16th century.

That reformation happened more than a thousand years after the Church had put on the clamps as the Roman Empire declined.

Think about it.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry RJF

I didn't see your question somehow. Jet Lag is killing me. I believe my father brought me up the right way yes. But what I was trying to show you was my father being a devout Muslim and a poor one at that, yet not seeing murders in Islam. He read Quran everyday. Don't you think he would notice his own religion was promoting killing if it was really in Quran?

The problem in Islamic world is this.

Majority of Muslims including people like my father define innocence differently than Al Qaeda and ISIS.

To us, Christians and Jews aren't Kuffar and should not be killed.

The way ISIS and Al Qaeda see it is USA and France are attacking Muslims killing Muslims. So in the name of self protection, it is OK for us to kill the citizens of USA and France because they elected those governments in power. Stupid I know.

This is the only difference between us and terrorists.

We call killing innocent people, murder and terror.

They call it Jihad.

14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

For those of you who know me, I rarely get involved in political discussions, but I saw something on social media this morning that really, REALLY pissed me off:

[​IMG]

This is a FLAT OUT LIE. If whoever created this actually took the time to do a shred of research, I present the Gospel according to Luke, Chapter 2, Verses 1-7:

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register. 4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

They were not refugees. The returned to Joseph's home of Nazareth in accordance to decree to be counted in the census. If you want to have a civil discussion about the rights of refugees, and our duty as Christians to help, that is one thing. But DO NOT take one of the most precious symbols of the Christian Faith and flat out LIE about it's origin and meaning.

15. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The woman screwed it up? Heh. Well, that's certainly not going to help the case for gender equality in the Muslim world. Besides which, what would SHE do with 72 virgins?!

Or.....wait.... hold the phone. I'ma need a few minutes of alone time here.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Don't let it bother you, man. It's not really a thing until Susan Sarandon tweets it. Reminding us all that Mary and Joseph were only looking for a half-rack of Natty Light and a clean flop house in Bayonne. Same thing, really.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...shed-him-dead/ar-BBn8rQE?li=BBgzzfc&ocid=iehp

“If you can kill a disbelieving American or European, especially the spiteful and filthy French, then rely on Allah and kill him in any manner or way however it may be” - Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, a leader with the Islamic State

“All my life I have seen the blood of Muslims flow. I pray that God breaks the backs of those who oppose him” and “that he exterminates them” - Abdelhamid Abaaoud, ISIS militant suspected organizer of paris attacks (interesting the article states he was raised in a nice neighborhood in Belgium and went to an "exclusive" school)

“Those dogs are attacking our civilians everywhere,” he wrote. “Strike them in their community of pigs so they can’t feel safe again in their own dreams.” - Bilal Hadfi, one of the Paris attackers

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

But the entire premise is a LIE. Again, you could make the same point by saying it aligns with the Christian Faith to clothe the naked and give a home ot the homeless. Why do you need to flat out lie about something that symbolized the entire Christmas holiday?

19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Ok, so had the Christians living in Syria also attacked/killed Muslims? From what I've read, ISIS kills them mercilessly unless they convert to Islam.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any significant equivalence between pre-Reformation Christianity and Islam today. None.

The Reformation was about something very different. It was really a combination of a long standing objection to all church teachings devolving down to the laity from the church hierarchy combined with Martin Luther's practical recognition that the new technology of the printing press gave religious adherents the ability to read Scripture without the intervening presence of the Church. In practical terms it was a war against the religious hegemony of the Catholic Church in areas then dominated by it, with the Eastern Church mostly unaffected.

It was not at all about some effort to rid Christianity of some former dominating dynamic of using violence and the threat of it to spread the religion, which was the dynamic Islam used from the time of Mohammed's death to spreat its power and domination.

Now, on a superficial level were there instances here and there, both before and after the Reformation, where people and nations used violence against others in the name of Christianity? Yes, of course there were. But one that was not what the Reformation was about, and two it was never central to Christian teaching that people should be forced to become Christians.

Islam needs a reformation alright, but comparisons to Christian history, I should say seeing equivalence to Christian history, is inapt.

74 likes this.