Week 10: Jets vs Bills TNF Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDecker87, Nov 8, 2015.

1. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Gailey gave this game away. Just TERRIBLE TERRIBLE play calling in the 4th on crucial downs. Very frustrating loss

Oh well. On to the Texans. Hopefully Jets put a beat down on them cause they sure suck

2. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

It's a quote from Life of Brian. All the Jewish rebel groups are supposed to be fighting the Romans but they spend most of their time fighting each other. At one point Brian suggests that they should be fighting against their REAL enemy, but instead of everyone agreeing to go back to fighting the Roman occupation they all stop fighting and respond by saying "The Judean People's Front" are the real enemy.

As an aside, Brian is a rebel in the People's Front of Judea and I think they are fighting the Popular Front. All the groups are just a handful of zealots.

It's much better on screen than my little description.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

But they didn't, because you know, SOJ.

4. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Just need to face it. Were not going anywhere with Fitz.

The OC's play calling is predicated by the ability of his QB. Fitz is usually very good in the RZ where Gailey can exploit his excellent short throw ability. But when it comes to moving the ball between the 20's we struggle.

When we are able to move the ball (between the 20s) it is usually a pass over the middle with good YAC. We can't rely on that when the game is on the line and the defense knows what is coming.

5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

This game came down to play calling and not execution, and that is what bothers me the most. Every bad decision up until that last drive was irrelevant. This game came down to one last drive and the play calling was atrocious.

6. ChrebetCrunch

Are you watching the same games as I am? Fitz has been more than adequate, in fact, he has been pretty good. He can't throw and catch the ball. He put the ball in the hands of the receivers all game.

7. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Vows are made to be broken. Now pass me some of whatever you're pouring.....

MiaJets305 likes this.
  8. GuilhermeZmc

GuilhermeZmc New Member

Demario Davis is trash, Marcus Williams can't tackle and Chan Gailey 4th down play calling is disgusting

9. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Great game tonight. I fully expected a complete meltdown by the Bills. I know it stings for you guys and gals, but this year is shaping up to have an exciting finish with the rematch in week 17 in Buffalo. Good luck the rest of the way and I really look forward to the rematch.

10. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Probably won't go very far with Fitz but I love how hyped the guy gets. Too bad he gets fruity and gets the "chuckitis" as a side effect.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're right, the Bills defense dominated all night. Somehow there were just strange miscues by the referee crew.

Had nothing to do with a Special Teams fumble by a rookie.

Fucking idiot.

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Same old Jets. Brutal loss on so many levels.

13. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm disappointed! There is nothing more in my sports life I love more than this team!!! I LOVE MY SOJ!!!

14. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Enjoy that loss

Fucking idiot

15. RexontheBeach

Fitz has not been good though. The defense had something like 6 straight 3 and outs and he could not make a play downfield.

He can make the 15 yard pass over the middle for a big gain, but can't hit the throw downfield to keep the D honest.

When it comes down to crunch time the opposing team knows exactly what's coming. They don't have to worry about the throw deep ball at all because the OC has his balls cuffed by a qb that can't make the throws.

MiaJets305 likes this.
  16. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Fitz/Gailey combo reared their ugly heads to our benefit tonite.

Gailey with his usual head scratching playcalling at the wrong time and Fitz with his put you in a hole, get you out the hole and then crush your dreams lol

Seen this script for 3 seasons

lockgang likes this.
  17. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

How are people blaming Fitz now? lol dude just go away. Fitz dropped the ball to Decker? Did Fitz make Brandon Marshall drop a wide open perfectly thrown ball? Did Fitz call retard behind the line of scrimmage throws? Did Fitz completely mismanage the clock and not take points when they were there?

18. RexontheBeach

I agree, love the guy as a person and competitor, but he just doesn't have what it takes to take over a game. Everything has to go right, and that is rare in the NFL.

19. ChrebetCrunch

Gailey didn't adjust to Rex's adjustment. That isn't Fitz's fault. I'm not blaming this game on Fitz when it wasn't his fault that his OC and HC made awful play calls.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Look man the fitz didnt play well at all tonight or really last week for that matter. Im not saying hes the worst qb of all time or anything, but he certainly didnt have a good game. A decent qb would have ate this defense up. Buffalo isnt that good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk