I think we will need a lot of luck to win Tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by geno75, Nov 11, 2015.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

These kids are trolling.

2. Bexin

Bexin New Member

I only have two posts in 8 years so I couldn't.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Pryor is out tomorrow. We could have really used him.

4. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

We're a 5-3 team playing at home against a Rex Ryan Bills team that is 2-18 in his last 20 games after a win. Injuries have definitely hurt our chances, but we can win without "a lot of luck"

Pocket Jet likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Watch the games and see for yourself .
    Stats never tell the whole story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

I hear ya my man... I said it'd be a good matchup to watch, and that I dont expect Watkins to have his way with him... or vice versa.
    I was just listening to an interview with Manish Mehta from this morning. He seemed to think that Marshall is on his game.. LOOK OUT BUFFALO.
    He also said that he has the fear/feeling that if Tyrod is given time Revis will get picked on by Sammy BUT Revis would be all over anything quick. He essentially said if Watkins has time to run his full route he doesn't have confidence keeping up.His exact words were "If Tyrod has time in the pocket then Watkins can consistently beat Revis"
    Also, his keys to a Bills win were Shady catching passes out of the backfield because Davis has hard a hard time picking RB's that way.... as well as Clay over the middle.
    He said Clay had a big day against Davis a few years ago and they never really found an answer and was " absolutley torched", so expect the Bills to key on that matchup in the passing game.
    Typically, if Ivory gets off it makes Fitzy's and Marshall's job easier. As the stats show, the Jets are a hard team to run on but shifty backs such as Shady have had the most success.
    I found this interview odd. The radio guys are respectful and dont usually ask questions that are assuming one team is better than the other but he just seemed down on the Jets.
    For example, he was simply asked about what he thought about the Watkins/Revis matchup and he gave the aforementioned answer.
    I think the Jets will NEED to establish a run game (just as the Bills will try and do) or go with the screens that have given the Bills D fits and hope they still have not found a way to adjust.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

manish mehta doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground.

because of that anything he said in terms of football matchups I bet we will see the opposite. He's not even a football mind he's a tabloid mind aka rex nut hugger now

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis is on a 2009 pace. The only difference is that the opponents are targeting him less so his overall impact is less.

9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Have Gilchrist over the top to keep Sammy in check.

Spy on Taylor.

Worry about Clay.

Wish we had Pryor but this game isn't unmanageable. Bills D this year is a big drop off from last. We can score on them. They're more explosive on offense, but despite the last few games, we've clowned most offenses this year. If we play them as hard as we played New England in the first three quarters this game is as good as ours.

Another thing to note is that these last three games we've relied on Fitz arm solely. We've lost a few of them, but we've moved the ball despite the lack of a rushing attack with few INTs. If we win that turnover battle, play solid D, and score another 28 we can pull this off and solidify ourselves in the playoff race.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

haha if you can drop a classical conditioning reference, than you are smarter than Pavlov's dog...

some others around here tho......i see your point.....hysteria! :eek:

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I will be very surprised if the jets win...... injuries and poor depth at those positions is currently biting us in the ass. All the chirping we heard from idzik and even the new GM about preserving draft picks has not exactly given us a robust second string team, but that's for the offseason.
    Add to this a frantic bills team that has all the incentive in the world to stick it to the jets.

Not a good combo.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Two things, nobody has a robust second string team and if they did the starters would suck because you have a salary cap to deal with and secondly the Jets have just as much incentive to stick to the Bills based on Ryan's choice of captains...still I don't necessarily see us winning, certainly it's no walkover and with rain in the forecast who knows how that will change things up.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Some of you act like the bills are the Patriots all of the sudden. wtf

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been watching them. I think all of us have. You'd be more convincing if you started naming plays instead of acting like The Sphinx from Mystery Men.

I don't like the fact that he's playing off and letting receivers get separation, but he's not getting whooped the way you are trying to make it sound, he's just giving up low percentage plays for a better chance at high percentage defensive results.

And please don't talk about that one play where Marcus Williams was over the top safety and made the tackle, Revis was in zone short and ended up trying to leg it out when the safety was out of position.

slimjasi likes this.
  15. clemdawg

clemdawg New Member

Buffalo's looking pretty tough. Beat Miami and I didnt give them a shot.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

16. abyzmul

I think there's a fair chance they blow open an early lead and we end up playing from behind the whole game, mainly because of key injuries that have been affecting us for weeks.

I don't think they're the Patriots, and I don't think the Raiders are the Patriots either.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Listen man I can't sit here dissecting every play but the facts are the facts, Revis' game has slowed down .
    I'm not saying he sucks so let's all pop a chill pill but he's not the elite shut down corner he once was .
    In the past QBs wouldn't dream of throwing his way but now they are testing him and that in itself tells you the times they are a changin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think the bills are the raiders

19. abyzmul

Oh, fuck off with that shit, I didn't ask you to dissect every play. You're telling everyone to WATCH THE GAMES and you can't even man up and name any examples, it's a copout.

He wants QBs to throw his way so he's playing off. I explained this in another thread two weeks ago.

Unless you can show valid examples of his game falling off, stop pretending that you are a paying member of the elite group of people who understand that Revis Is Falling Off, because you're not fooling anyone.

20. abyzmul

I don't think the Eagles are the Bills.