17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

I feel like a party animal arriving at 7:30-7:40 to wait on line for the tailgating to start at 8 am. My dad is 68 turns in December and still does it with me. When it gets colder he will complain a little bit more about it since we have to set up a tent enclosure and heater.

I enjoy having a night game once a year at home. Changes things up a bit. I actually like the fact it is a Thursday night game. Monday nights are a mess with work and the week is brutal afterward. Thursday night I can tough it out Friday in work on minimal sleep and then have the weekend to relax.

Brook! likes this.
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we win sunday and then its 2 home games in 5 days and the next 5 out 6 games are at Met life inlcuding the Giant game. This is the heart of the home schedule and it would be great if we could start the run at 5-2. Wondering if the crowds are going to start getting more intense and less visiting team fans after the Bills game and less and less open seats. You ex STH's is there more of a chance that you comes to a home game if we keep on winning or it has nothing to do with it. I was just hoping IF we continue to win and our fan base gets more excited it brings out the long lost fans to fill that SOB up and creates a better home field advantage

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I got tickets a while ago for Jax and the Fish,,,as for opposing teams fans , sadly the way this is setup with easy access on the open market there will be too many of them at all these home games ! Some teams have larger followings then others so at a game like the Jags there might be less opposing fans but at the Dolphin game there will be many ,,just my opinion

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

CBG, I would really like to meet you in person so maybe I can come by your seats before the game or at halftime. Its wild meeting people from this site after picturing them after so many years of posting. CBG you are half the worlds most interesting man and Larry the cable guy. That sounds like an alien.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I think of myself more as Wilson the guy from home improvement,,,,,,,,,u can come by our tailgate and I will give you a beer :)

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am not a terrorist. Can I come too? :)

@JStokes is the real terrorist and he is on FBI's most wanted list.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well I'm on the fence about going Sunday ,,,going to wait and see who our QB is,,,,if Fitz is OUT and they don't let The kid play ,,I just can't go and watch Geno,,,,,,,true story can't make this up,,,,my son comes home from school today and asks if we are still going Sunday and I say of course why ? He says dad " if you want to get rid of them or sell the tix that's ok with me because I really don't want to go watch Geno play QB we ave very little chance to win with him " also said we can go for the tailgate,,lol,,,luv the kid !

8. Brook!

I am going CBG. I got Green Parking and I got 20 yard upper deck tix. Also I will join my Italian friends from Brooklyn for tailgate. I am the only one who doesn't smoke weed and they make fun of me for that. Oh, Stokes still sucks, Jay from Wayne rocks.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Well thankfully, Fitz is ok and he's starting without any issues. I am glad Bowles go to see Geno in game action and now he knows first hand the kid ain't an NFL QB, never will be. Its not just about arm strength and remembering the plays. You gotta believe both the coach and GM thoughts on Geno are aligned with our thoughts on him. This is his last year, we will resign Fitz and get us a veteran backup and Petty can sit at least one more year.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook,,,have fun,,,,,and be careful of those eye tal Ian's from Brooklyn,,lol,,,,,weather is going to be nice,,,,Geno is on the pine so We will be heading out to Jet life,,,,we can only hope the one armed man does not get hurt again on Sunday ,,,,ps looking forward to having Mangold back,,,,,meat is marinating as I type ,,,enjoy all

Brook! likes this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm going Sunday. Scored two Mezzanine seats for $45 each. Hard to believe the Jets are having a winning season, decent weather forecast, and the secondary market has PSL tickets for sale this cheap. I know it's Jacksonville, but still… I'm beginning to think there are hundreds if not thousands of PSL defaulters who forfeited their tickets, and the Jets have handed these tickets over to a third party for resale until they can sell the PSL's again.

Brook! and NYJA15 like this.
  12. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I completely agree. Every game so far this year (except the Eagles game) could have been bought for less than face value almost anywhere in the building. And this is a season when the Jets look pretty good. I will definitely not renew my upper prime next year and just buy every week on the secondary market and sit in better seats for less. The parking passes are the best value you get as a season ticket holder. I think the stadium is to big for the Jets, maybe not the Giants.

13. Brook!

Thanks CBG. Will do. I will be tailgating at D10 or D12. If you are in the same lot, let's meet up.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You're probably right about that. I had seasons since the Sack Exchange days - up until last season. Now I go game by game on the secondary market, though last year I bought a 3-game pack from the Jets, and bought other games later as the year went on. This week was an exceptional value, though I paid slightly under face for the opener, skipped the Eagles game due to high prices, and got Washington tix row 3 Mezz A for $100 each - which was about a 25% discount. Odd thing about tomorrow's game is that I had to pay the most so far for this game to park - slightly less than the ticket price. I'm not doing it this way because I'm a genius - it's more about not paying that big lump sum in the spring and getting stuck with a bad season, with the preseason games. I have to say though, that it has worked out for me. Now that with this stadium you no longer befriend your seat neighbors, you might as well sit in different location each game. Once I got over not being at every single game as I had for years, and accepted hitting 6 or 7 out of 8, I can't see myself going back. I feel badly for those needing to sell their PSL license. I don't see any market for that these days with all of the availability of resale markets.

NYJA15 likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and there is little fear that it will change anytime in the near future. maybe if the team ends up with a great qb or wins a couple super bowls it might maybe but probably wont end up ever being a situation where tickets are hard to find.

I guess the only thing you can really say for having seasons is that you don't have to do any work for them. you get them and you use them. no websites, no printing, no figuring out where to park to go in for this weeks seat.

maybe that's worth something to some folks. but shit that's a lot of money every year.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Gates open what time on Thursday?

17. Brook!

5 hours before kick off. 8:25 start time so it should open around 3:30 PM

macbk likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Attendance and intensity from the fans for the Jags game was about as pathetic as I can remember during a winning season. What a joke. Man, is our fan base been wiped out thanks to Woody. I say maybe 25K hardcores at best. Anyway, it is what it is. What do you think the Bills game will be like. Normally lots of Bills fans but being a Thur I figure less come down. Its a playoff type game so the Intensity should be high but our pussy fan base will stay home because its suppose to rain till 6pm. Faggots!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god the team is good that's all I got to say. Yeah, I am pissed.

19. Brook!

Well if it makes you feel better, I am coming and planning to be as loud as possible.Tomorrow I will be in New Haven, CT due to some meetings and I will drive down at 3 PM and depending on the traffic, I will arrive to Metlife around 6:30 PM. Hopefully rain is gone by then so I can have a good game.

Oh by the way I have to wake up real early the day after the game. I am meeting with my new boss on the phone who is sitting in Switzerland at 6:30 AM Friday. And then I have a doctor appointment at Hackensack University Medical Center at 8:30 to get my liver results. Then multiple meetings at work starting 12:30 PM Friday.

Do I deserve a medal or not? :)

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody is sending you a soft cooler to say thanks. Have some beers before you get your results just in case.