I think we will need a lot of luck to win Tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by geno75, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to be a tight game unless it's a blowout.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

The Bills are garbage. Thursday night at home theres no reason not to win this game

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree with most of your assessment. I was right on board with you till the last paragraph. I absolutely do want to get turn overs for us. The more the better. It is a crucial part of the game. Good to great defenses and special teams get more than their share. I'm not looking for the perfect performance. This team is not there yet by a long shot. What I want to see is for this team to impose his will on the Bills and figure out a way to win. I really don't care how they get it done, it does not have to be pretty, and getting a few turn overs is as much part of the game as the unbelievable catch or power run. That's exactly how the freaking Pats won the SB IMHO.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think the Jets win unless they lose.

Br4d likes this.
  5. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

LOL... you're right in that SOMEONE doesn't follow the Bills at all... but it wasn't him :)
    Seriously though, both teams are going to be stout defensively up front. Thats a given as both are quality run stopping D's
    Watkins had a bit of success against Revis in the 2nd NE last yr, but it'd be foolish to think that Watkins will have his way as I'm sure it will be entertaining watching the 2 of them go at it.
    Honest question, is Revis what he was during your his last stint with you? has he lost anything, or still the same?
    Does he ALWAYS shadow the #1 or do they switch it up at times?
    For Buffalo, their successes may come (outside the run, which, is a crapshoot) utilizing Charles Clay. He's not Gronk level by any means, but he can give the D fits with matchups.
    McCoy out of the backfield and even lining up as a receiver has also worked well at times, but as Tyrod isnt a 30 ppg type of guy I'd imagine the plan would be similar to how they played the Dolphins in that they'll try to establish the run and let Taylor take his shots over the top.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

OMG a Bills fan with a brain. Say it ain't so.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Bills defense does not scare, esepcially there secondary. Marshall and Deck are going to have over 100 yards each and once we rip them though the air. chris will run wild. You guys over rating the Bills. they are not that good. there QB throws lots of picks and they don't have that many weapons plus they lead the NFL in penalties. I love this matchup. jets due for an A game

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Rainy football, means much higher emphasis on protecting the football. Running game is usually crucial. Also, defenders slipping makes for easy scores. It's going to be a messy battle, need this W.

Big Cat likes this.
  9. TurkJetFan

I think they can be beat but I think you're UNDER rating the bills a bit.

One of Decker/Marshall will go over 100, and Ivory will need to get it going. Saying he's going to run wild is a bit over the top.

Also, Tyrod does not throw a lot of picks.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. TurkJetFan

Yes, rain typically favors the pass game. WR's know where they're going in advance, DB's do not.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  11. Billsfan1212

You're honestly not that jaded are you? (see what I did there?? eh? Jets will be in all green, JADEd??... eh, tough crowd)
    Really though, the Jets secondary gets a lot of love and rightfully so. Coming into the year, Crom and Revis in the same secondary?!?! TOP NOTCH
    BUT, Gilmore is very much up and coming and Darby is getting national attention for DROTY.
    Gilmore is solid, but every once in a while has a play where you wonder what in the world he was doing.
    Darby has been picked on being a rookie, but has more than held his own. He had one rough outing, but has come up huge a few times. Heck, the guy he was replacing came back from injury and he's still starting so at the very least he's no push over.
    I think the way Buffalo's D has been playing Fitz may very well be able to hurt them with the short stuff and screens BUT with their decent secondary and Fitz's penchant for throwing rainbows that land out of bounds I dont THINK that theres much of a deep threat.
    Of course I've been wrong before, but especially if this is a rainy game I cant see multiple receivers racking up 100 yard games on either side of the ball.
    The Bills D seems of be having a bit of a hard adjusting to Rex's scheme. Mario and even Darius have been asked to drop back from time to time and they've also said they have had a hard time communicating and getting lined up where they were supposed to be both at home and on the road.
    Both players also publicly mentioned that they want to get back to doing what earned them their big $$ contracts, and after some soul searching by Rex they seemed to come out looking a bit more like last yr VS Miami. Of course, that could just be because Miami is Miami.
    This will be a great test. The Bills D hasnt been bad... just not what was expected when a defensive guru took over a top 5 defense.
    Both teams are excellent at stopping the run. Both teams have quality secondaries, while both also may be a bit weak at LB.
    As i said in the game preview thread... Bills fans will say Fitz and Chan will be Fitz and Chan while Jets fans will say Rex will be Rex.
    All parties are if different situations, and both probably have better talent then they had in their prior go rounds for the opposite team.
    This is an excellent match up, and neither team really holds a distinct advantage. Bills D front may have a slight edge, and the Jets secondary may have a slight edge.
    It'll be a fun game, hopefully quality football where neither team lays an egg and the winner will set on course to potentially wrap-up a WC birth...
    What I want to know is... Rex is familiar with the Jets players for the most part. Obviously the system is different but is there potential for him to exploit any weaknesses or gain an advantage because of his familiarity with his old team? Thanks for the thoughts!!
    and of course, the obligatory GO BILLS!

12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Bills are a good team when healthy, and right now they are pretty healthy. Taylor hasn't been throwing picks, but he is basically a one read/only throw if the receiver is open QB. If it is not there, he tucks and runs.

In the long term, those kinds of QB's never work, (Vick, RG3 Kapernick, etc.) they get hurt eventually. However when healthy, they are tough. Taylor is a tough kid. And we only need a few blown coverages to be down 14 points in this game, and we are not built to come back from that.

I think the most impressive Taylor has looked was in the NE loss. They came back in that game, and Bill was trying to embarrass Rex. He is accurate and has a strong arm.

The key is to take away his first read, and try to confuse him, and then lay some licks on him. Maybe get a turnover and get ahead by two scores.

I don't think it will be a cakewalk, unless we can get the Bills version of Geno in there.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  13. Billsfan1212

You are right.... if it was EJ slinging back there this would be an accurate assessment.
    Tyrod has 10 tds to 4 ints, of which 2 probally should have been caught but were tipped up and picked. That said, a int is a int.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Counting on the atmosphere being very unpleasant tomorrow evening. Cold, dreary, rainy, loud, and then Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson in your face. Make this kid as uncomfortable as possible in the meadowlands. Jump out to early lead and put this game to bed :)

bartscott likes this.
  15. TurkJetFan

Tyrod has been very efficient, which is why there's so much love for him. He DOESN'T turn the ball over an awful lot. He makes good decisions and is a poor mans Russell Wilson.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Billsfan1212

I'd argue that Tyrod has a better ability to stretch the field than the 3 examples above... but generally what you say is true.
    He has made it a point to try and prove his pundits wrong in this regard, and so far so good. However, speedy qbs have that rap for a reason.
    We hope the Bills are good when healthy, and really only have been for 4 games, this being the 5th. INDY, NE, and MIA 2x. The only loss was the Pats, but none of the other teams are really quality so maybe thats why they looked like world beaters sans the loss to NE.
    The Tenn game, the 1st read often wasnt there and the O often looked stagnant. Thats why they were lucky to have Tyrod's legs as he essentially put the team on his back and won them the game.
    That WOULD NOT have happened vs a better opponent.

17. TurkJetFan

It's going to stop raining for the game, but it'll be windy. Nothing out of the ordinary for a Nov game at MetLife.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think Lorenzo Mauldin should have an impact on this game, I don't mind a scrambling QB, keeps the rest of the playmakers off just enough.

It will come down to Mangold, if he plays the jets have a chance to win, if it's Wesley Johnson and Brian Brutal Winter, the jets will be in for a long day offensively.

19. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Mangold is playing, Colon doesn't look good. I agree Lorenzo could make the difference here. Unlike the other two old slowpokes he can chase down a QB like Taylor.

We need to get Ivory some help. I hope Ridley will play. He's quick and can catch the ball some.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Billsfan1212

Do you think Chromartie will play? I saw he had a thigh bruise. Is this a doubtful all week just to end up playing type thing? And if he doesnt play, how is next man up and is there a huge drop off to be exploited?