I think we will need a lot of luck to win Tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by geno75, Nov 11, 2015.

1. geno75

geno75 Active Member

I remember after losing to them 38-3 Rex talking about how bad of matchup their dline is for our oline. Rex will know how to exploit this mismatch especially if Mangold doesn't play.

Defensively our pass d has been atrocious the past three weeks and Watkins is really a difference maker. If you look at Taylor's number with and without Watkins in the lineup its night and day. Our defense will also struggle to contain Taylor outside the pocket-Rex knows all to well that our huge weakness on defense is defending the perimeter with our slow linebackers.

McCoy is a huge Xfactor. He will eat out LBs alive in the passing game if he suits up. Williams on the other hand is a very good matchup for our defense.

It should also be noted that the jets have lost their last five Thursday games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Someone doesn't follow the Bills at all. Put Revis on Watkins and call it a day for Buffalo's passing game.

I'm more concerned about the o-line's rush blocking problems than the Bill's d-line. We've gone against some decent d-lines and held our own.

McCoy looks like a shell of his former self. Other than last week against a very mediocre Miami team, he hasn't been spectacular.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We're pretty banged up so yeah I'm pretty concerned about this game.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Watkins doesn't concern me one bit.

Woods and Clay will be bigger challenges for the secondary. And McCoy is only going to be affective in the pass game. But he's also banged up so could be looking at an even split with him and Williams.

Mangold should play so that should open up some holes for Ivory and hopefully stabilize the run game.

On paper I think we match up really well against Buffalo in this game.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Revis is a shell of his former self so putting him on Watkins and calling it a day is kind of a pipe dream.

thankyourevis and BleedGreen89 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Taylor can scramble and run so someone has to spy on him. They are not Oakland or NE but I said that about Jaxsonville
    Decker has to be big for us cause they will try to take away Marshall
    X Factor : Ivory rippin some big runs if we can manage it

Otherwise a Field Goal wins it IMO...

Hmmm who is our new kicker??

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think we need minimum post counts before thread making privileges are granted.

NJJets20, Pocket Jet, Dom and 4 others like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

A real post?

NJJets20 likes this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Come on dude have you been watching him ?
    QBs don't shy away from him anymore and he's been playing off receivers which isn't his usual style .
    Call it like it is he's not what he was .

thankyourevis likes this.
  10. geno75

geno75 Active Member

I went to a Jets practice this summer and noticed Chris Owusu absolutely burn him. He's still a great tackler who can cover the underneath stuff but the difference now is he needs help over the top. The good news is that I don't see his game dropping much further over the next few years. Unlike Cro he doesn't simply rely on his athletic ability.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Cooper couldn't get anything on him and he's one of the most athletic, versatile receivers in the league right now. Not being air tight in coverage anymore doesn't mean he's a "shell of his former self". That's just being dramatic. He's still a top 3 CB in the league hands down.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

The only players for them i can see making plays is whoever Cro is guarding, but he may not play so that will work in our favor...

Tyrod is going to run all over us. Every QB finds and opening up the middle to scramble on us...but this is the first real mobile QB we're playing, he's fast and can make some biggg yardage plays with his feet i can almost gurantee he will.. maybe 60 yards & a TD ?

Karlos Williams is also a guy that will come in the game fresh after a long drive and hit you for that 20-30 yard TD, our defense has been good for at least one of those a game.

Overall though i like our match ups i'm not really worried about Clay, no TE's have had success vs us this year outside of Gronk in the 4th quarter. Shady is Shady, but he hasn't been his usual self.. Watkins is on an island.. bring it on buffalo.

& who the hell said Revis is a shell of himself earlier in this thread? He's a DPOY candidate in my opinion. What is he a shell of? his 2015 weeks 1-6 self? all the turnovers he was committing and allowing a total of 10 yards for like 3 or 4 games straight is not showing much decline.. he's a little slower now that's about it but the technique is still flawless.

johnny and dawinner127 like this.
  13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

karlos williams concerns me 100 times more then mccory does. he is their big play maker out of the backfield

JetLifeLo likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets could be 7-0, at full strength, playing an 0-7 Bills team missing 10 key starters and someone on TGG will ALWAYS start a post "I'm worried about this game".

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Watkins, you have the best corner in the world IMO. Even with Revis I think the Jets will shade a safety over to Watkins' side, just because he's our only deep threat without Harvin and Goodwin. I don't anticipate Watkins being a factor. I've never been impressed with Woods. His best game was against you guys last year so you may think he's good, but he's never really played like that otherwise. Clay is a beast though and a tough match-up for any defense.

I don't anticipate much room to run in the run game. Jets d-line is better than our interior (or right side, really). McCoy should be a factor in the pass game though, and Tyrod will have to make plays with his feet. I know the Jets secondary has struggled the last few games, but without Harvin as someone to count on when teams double Sammy, I don't have much confidence in the pass game.

Should be a close game and fun to watch. Must-win for Buffalo.

TwoHeadedMonster and tiger8mush like this.
  16. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Wouldn't say luck because it's not like Buffalo is this great team. However, they will definitely need to play better than they have the last 2 weeks

Once again, I think Fitzpatrick will be the key. If he doesn't make bad mistakes, he will probably have a good day. I don't see anyone in the Buffalo secondary that worries anyone. They will probably try to take Marshall out of the game with different coverages, but that's where Decker, Kerley and Thompkins/Smith will have to step up

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think people are imagining Bufalo being a strong defense bc of Rex. Reality is, they haven't generate a pass rush and you can move the ball on them. That's not to say they are like pushing paperclips around at all, but they can and have been beat.

Same formula as every week for Jets.

Force Turnovers and Limit Giveaways = Jets will win. Of the two teams, the Jets are just the better team.

18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I remember many games where Rex's Jets would get absolutely blown out and look totally unprepared. I'm hoping that's what we see from his Bills Thursday. With him as coach, that stinker of a game is always possible.

As bad as the Jets looked against Oakland and Philly, they did keep the game somewhat close and improved in the 2nd half. That wasn't always the case for the Jets under Rex for many bad losses

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm not confident the Bills will be sharp tomorrow. Good point. Plus with a banged up WR1 and likely banged up RB1 it's going to be tough sledding for them against our defense. What SHOULD be a close game could be a Jets win BIG. And make no mistake, it's as critical a mid season game as it gets, for both teams.

tiger8mush and IDFjet like this.
  20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

That is overconfident homerism if I've ever see it. Our secondary has been shit, and I'm even less confident without Cromartie (I know he sucks, but there is a reason he was starting.)
    Also, watch the way Revis has been positioned in Bowles's scheme. He hasn't been one on one for the whole game with the other team's best wideout like he was with Rex's D. So Watkins won't be matched up with him the whole game on Thurs.
    McCoy was not healthy and is getting back into form. Swing passes have chewed up our D so far and he can take those to the house as well as any back we've played this year.
    Don't forget fucking Brady ran for a crucial 1st down on third and forever, so who knows what taylor will be able to do against our depleted secondary.

Mangold is the key to the Jets winning this game. If he can play at 90%+ for the whole game, the Jets will be able to move the ball and score 27+. If he goes out again like he did on Sunday, we're fucked.

I'm really hoping for a signature "Rexdown" where he gets his guys so hyped they completely melt down - there is a lot of potential for this knowing rex. But what I would really like to see is a complete game where the Jets win without getting a turnover. We havent' seen a solid game where Fitz throws for 250+, Ivory runs for 100+, and the D holds a team to under 17 pts without getting a ton of turnovers. Ovbiously I will take a win no matter how ugly, but is one "pretty" win too much to ask for?