CB Stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Nov 10, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Darrelle Revis: 43 Targets. Allowed 20 catches for 253 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 4 Pass Breakups. 44.0 QB Rating
    Antonio Cromartie: 42 Targets. Allowed 24 catches for 464 yds, 6 TD, 0 INT, 5 Pass Breakups. 135.3 QB Rating

The numbers pretty much confirm how absolutely terrible Cromartie has been this year. He did have a decent 2 games stretch in the middle but outside of that he was just God awful. It took an injury for that bum to finally hit the bench, but it's happening this week (most likely, but let's not forget the last time we thought he was done for the year he was back on the field for the next game) and with Marcus Williams balling the way he does, being tied 2nd in the NFL in interceptions, I think we should look forward to him hopefully playing the entire game opposite Revis and have a clean performance. Let's hope and pray he does well enough to permanently get Cro benched.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The thing that concerns me more than Cro being bad is Bowles not benching Cro when he absolutely looks lost in games. I hope this injury helps Willims take the starting job from Cro.

IDFjet, DaBallhawk and legler82 like this.
  3. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Even worse is the fact that Cro was a liability in 2013 under Rex and again under Bowles. Two different head coaches but feels like deja vu

socaljetfan likes this.
  4. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

He was a Pro Bowler in 2013 tho

shonnfrank likes this.
  5. max

max Active Member

Cro's age and injuries are catching up to him. He can't just get away with taking guesses and using his athleticism.

Letting up a big play, especially late in a half, is so deflating.

Royal Tee and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I understand why we brought him in, he's got above average physical tools for a CB that can come in handy, he came off a pretty good year in Arizona on a defense that just so happened to be run by our new HC, and realistically he was a viable veteran stopgap on a team with a lot of youth to rely on.

And he's on a great contract too, we could cut 'em as soon as next year if we wanted… which has an increasingly likely chance of happening if this continues.

Man oh MAN s he become a liability. I knew he wouldn't be perfect, but I didn't expect THIS level of play from Cro.

7. klarkkent44

klarkkent44 Member

Very true hopefully Williams can make the most of this opportunity and gives Bowles no choice but to keep Williams on the field from here on out, even if Cro is making the money he is making which I think at least plays a part in TB decision to keep Cro in to begin with. I've been rooting for Cro to do good for us this year but he's been a real liability for us thus far. Hopefully Milliner aka Mr. Glass can show something as well when he comes back. He got the talent just can't stay on the field.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. DaBallhawk

At this point I don't even get bothered by his horrible performances anymore. It's just troubling that Kacy and Todd continue to support him and talk about how everything is going smoothly, he's doing fine, playing well, no reason to change things up, just have to clean up a missed tackle and so on. Are they really that blind or just trying to feed the media and fans some bullshit they're not gonna believe anyway? And now we need an injury for Cro to keep Kacy and Todd from lining him up out there again. It's getting comical.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What happens when you don't pay the player in their prime...it's what happens when you go to save a buck or 2 ..

10. geno75

geno75 Active Member

He was a great player for us the year Revis went down. He's been pretty banged up all year. If I'm Bowles I sit him for a couple of weeks and see if he's got something left for the stretch run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Further proof that Pro Bowl voting is a sham.

#11 abyzmul, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think they are blind, unfortunately it's just professional sports, when you pay the money that Cro is getting, you can't just bench him, he has to find a way to earn it, and yes I think TB is just giving the media lip service.

I know some of our posters look at what Cro did in Arizona and compare it to this year, but Arizona has play making linebackers, and pass rushers that could get to the QB, it makes a huge difference for the secondary.

It's a good thing Mauldin is coming on with his ability to get to the QB as I think it will help the jets weed out who is staying and who is out the door. Personally I think Cro is gone and Williams's is our number 2 corner next year.

13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I think it was the coaching staff, mainly Todd Bowles, who probably pushed for Cromartie to be signed in the offseason. Benching him now would only make him look bad to the front office.

Footballgod214 and Red Menace like this.
  14. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Hes on a pretty cheap one year deal. Of course you can bench him. You can absolutely bench any play regardless of salary.
    RG3 for example.
    That idea that you can't bench someone because they make too much is ridiculous....and a policy for failure.
    Especially in a hard salary cap NFL and definitely with a rather budget contract like cromartie.

Still, I feel the criticism is overblown. The biggest problem in our secondary....defense....team right now is Calcin Pryor.
    I pray they were resting that ankle for tom.

15. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

I cant understand how we arent getting to the qb.....against the OL we have played...with this dline.

16. DaBallhawk

I don't blame him for that. Cro was a Pro Bowler, reuniting him with Revis was a nice idea, all this Batman & Robin hoopla. Dee being injury prone, Skrine being a nickelback, and besides that we didn't really have an established guy back there. I thought Marcus Williams had the potential to be a good starting corner (he was last year when we threw him in there midseason and became our best DB with zero experience), but Todd didn't know. So I get why he wanted Cro to solidify the #2 spot. But now? It's painfully obvious that Cro is the weak link, and overall just terribly inconsistent. Well terrible really. He hasn't had any great performances that would match his terrible performances. And with Marcus stepping up the way he has so far, being a ball magnet who creates turnovers, you just HAVE to promote him in the starting lineup and see what he can do. If Cro was what he used to be in his prime, somebody who'd give up bigplays but also make bigplays, touchdowns, create turnovers, then you take the good with the bad plays. But he's not doing shit. All he does is get toasted on a weekly basis. He's not making any plays. He's gotta go. I have a lot more faith in Marcus, Skrine, Dee and heck maybe even Darrin Walls and Dex. They couldn't possibly be any worse. Antonio Allen who was a converted safety last year wasn't even that bad and he was absolutely terrible. He hasn't given up an average of 100 yards per game and almost 1 TD per game. It's just absurd that he continues to start for this team that is supposed to field an elite defense.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup. And you know Macc went to Bowles before signing Cro for $8M. Can't look good for Bowles right now.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Let Cro earn his money returning KOs. He could be a real difference maker for the Jets there and actually earn his money by consistently getting the offense better starting field position and returning a couple of kicks for TDs. He sure isn't earning it on the field at CB.

socaljetfan, LV Coach and JetLifeLo like this.
  19. max

max Active Member

I'm pretty sure revis was all about signing cro too. I know those guys are friends, but Id like to think revis's input holds some water.

Found this to back up revis backing move to get cro

http://nypost.com/2015/03/12/revis-to-cromartie-how-about-a-batman-and-robin-sequel/

20. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Cro is gone next season, don't worry about it too much.