The real reason we lost

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 26, 2015.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Gilchrist has played extremely well for us, this isn't the problem.

We just lack depth.

FJF and socaljetfan like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Should have brought the house and ended it.

_

dawinner127 and jerseyjay14 like this.
  3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

You miss the game or something? Stacy adds to the running game, and ran well. Ivory looked like a wounded deer most of the game but finished ok. I'm not sure about number 5, and 6. Number 7,
    Jailbreak blitz, I really can't answer.
    Injury to Pryor hurt us bad, I hope Mangold doesn't miss time. We could be screwed.
    Numbers 9, and 10...... Really dude?
    Our QB can't throw it 30 yards.
    Our defense put pressure on a very fast moving, short passing attack, with a Hall of Fame QB doing anything he wanted. Brady struggled for a large portion of the game. Don't blame drops.
    Short quick passing attacks are very much time oriented. We screwed their timing up a lot. It is hard to guard Gronk. Special player!

4. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

if he's so good, then why wasn't he hyped up before playing for new england?
    And Brady would have killed us on that as well. The other poster had it right. You need to disguise the blitz well enough so that it confuses Brady for that extra second to give the DL just enough time to get to him.

5. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

Disagree. We bring the house and Brady has to get rid of it early. I'll take my chances with us making that tackle instead of giving him extra time in the pocket.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So basically outside of ten reasons, Bowles wasnt SolidGold?

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is exactly right we had the Pats stopped at a critical time in the game and we give up a 3rd and 17 that was the back breaker and very Rex defense like.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  8. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Had to do this, Let the Pats score and the make a TD and FG to tie the game. The way the pats ate the time up at the end of the game forced Bowles to an all out blitz.

The smart play for Gronk then to do was take a knee at the one yard line and let the Pats run out the clock or least force the Jets to waste all their TOs.

Letting Gronk score then was an absolutley no brainer.

Lam

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The two biggest plays in the game:

1) Brandon Marshall's drop (changed the entire complexion of the game)

2) 3rd and 17

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we got outcoached and they coached scared. the drops and bad bounces happen. they had a chance to take control of the game and instead decided to let brady beat them or blow it. brady usually doesnt blow it. woudl have loved to have seen a blitz on 3rd and 7. would have loved to have seen us try and score at the end of the first.

they are the better team, im not sure they outplayed us sunday. they def. outcoached us

11. jerseyjay14

especially considering how well we tackled on 3rd down for the most part. other then 1 play where gilchrist wiffed on amendola we were sound tackling them without much RAC

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

OR Brady might have turtled or not been able to set up perfectly to throw that strike or maybe we sack him.

All I know is bringing NO pressure gave him ample time to sit back, scan the field and throw a perfect strike.

_

cval likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this. The game changed after that point. We could have done way better with clock management as well, but Nick Mangold's injury timeout near the end killed us, so can't fully blame coaching. If we have that extra time out, chances are we have over a minute to run down the field after the OS kick rather than 20 seconds.

Then Marshall screws up again when it matters most. I can't be upset about this game. The Patriots are a great team. This just shows the Jets at full strength can compete with anybody. I just wish Brandon Marshall didn't have a mental meltdown every time things got out of his comfort zone.

14. jerseyjay14

+10000000000000000000

15. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

You could also argue a big reason it stayed close into the fourth quarter is because the Patriots were dropping passes left and right. 10 or 11 at least.

I think the reason we loss is because we aren't good enough yet. We hung around and played respectfully but Brady still shredded this defense when he had to. Its nice to have a HOF QB. On to Oakland. Lets not dwell on this Patriots loss.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What about conversion of that 3 & 17? :mad:

17. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

We were missing our starting SS who was dominating up until the 3rd quarter. Brady wouldn't have "shredded" us if it weren't for that. Typical SOJF post.

18. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

How much hype are you expecting for a QB from Kent State?

jetlife21 likes this.
  19. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Injuries happen....are you saying Pryor was the difference in the game? You left the part out where they shut down the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 BigGreenUgly, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not saying stacy is bad. I think he's a good back-up, my point was he was the only healthy HB we had because riddley couldn't suit up and neither could powell and ivory hurt himself the 1st play of the game and wasn't as good as he normally is because of that.