The real reason we lost

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 26, 2015.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

is pretty simple, NE is the best team and well coached with a stud QB, the only way to beat them is be aggressive, keep the ball away from brady and not make mistakes. NE made enough mistakes (9 drops i think) to let us win, but we made more.
    1) ivory getting hurt - this was the worst for us. without ivory we couldn't really control the clock and keep it form brady. not only that but with powell out all we had at HB was stacy
    2) dropped TD from marshall
    3) fitzpatrick fumble to start the game
    4) lucky bounce on richardson sack to have NE keep the ball
    5) poor clock control all game. especially at the end
    6) refusing to run a 2 min offense at the end of the half. leaving points on the table
    7) all out blitz and nobody covered gronk at the end
    8) Injuries to mangold and pryor at the end. we lack depth at safety and o-line
    9) not throwing downfield. we need to use smith more
    10) lack of pass rush, brady wore us out

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The real reason we lost was that Calvin Pryor got hurt at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Gronkowski, Edelman and Amendola wore the Jets defense out over the middle after that injury.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yup I've been saying the same. Pretty crazy how important he seems to have become considering people called him a bust last year. Pretty good pair of safetys in Gilchrist and Pryor. Hope Calvin is not out for long.

Pocket Jet and Br4d like this.
  4. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

What I don't understand is how Amendola all of a sudden turned into Jerry Rice halfway through the game. Is our depth really that bad that we let Danny fucking Amendola make leaping catches all over the field? I don't mind getting beat by Gronk and to a lesser extent Edelman, but Amendola really isn't that good. Actually, if you think about it, Gronk is really the only "good" receiver on that offense. Edelman and Amendola can owe at least half their paycheck to #12.

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

You're understating the hell out of Julian Edelman. That guy would be successful in lots of places.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this^ edleman is one of the best if not the best slot Wrs in the NFL. his ability to get open and not drop balls is amazing. maybe 2nd only to antonio brown.

7. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter who Brady's receivers are, whether its Amendola, Edleman, your mother, or any user on this board, Brady makes everyone look good.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That's actually more like a dozen reasons why we lost.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Everyone likes to throw that word depth around like the backups should be able to come in and play All-Pro football. I believe Amendola has the NFL record for catches in a first half or had it previous to it being broken. He's not Randy Moss but he's a pretty good player when healthy.

As stated we got killed over the middle once Pryor went down. That doesn't necessarily speak to the depth but how good Pryor's been.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think he is asking for the reason in multiple choice form.
    I went with 11. All of the above.
    But i do hate these monday pop quizzes

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You're right, he would also be successful in green bay, new orleans, denver, maybe pittsburgh.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Regarding the secondary, I was glad to see Skrines out there. And Bailey looked like a good signing. But Skrines seemes a bit tentative, not surprising, and it's a drop off from Pryor to Bailey.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I hate the little fuck just like everyone else, but its not like Brady is responsible for his punt returns, is it? I swear to god the difference between Edelman and Kerley is like 8,000 miles of field position.

tiger8mush, abyzmul and Cman68 like this.
  14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The real reason we lost...Pats outscored us by 7

15. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

We need to draft another Safety. I think to be dominant in today's NFL we need two safeties (Earl and Kim).

Looks like we hit gold on Pryor. We need another to really solidify our core.

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This game underscored the need for an outside pass rusher.......that is the Jets # 1 need at this time along with an upper echelon QB. Fitzpatrick is OK for now but we better hope Mac can find a better option this offseason.....

17. endgameeugenics

endgameeugenics New Member

The real reason why we lost...vanilla D on 3rd and 17. You have to at least bluff pressure and drop back into zone coverage to create 1 on 1 matchups up front.

cval and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  18. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Everyone forgets we lost Antonio Allen for the year and he would have played a role in this game. He's pick-sixed Brady trying to going to Gronk before and offers solid depth behind Pryor and Gilchrist. Hell, even I forgot about him

dmatt36, tiger8mush and Centiment like this.
  19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

That loss stung but we hung with the defending champs. If Marshall catches that TD I see us winning that game. Unfortunate but we played good football on both sides of the ball and have to keep getting better as the season goes on.

20. endgameeugenics

endgameeugenics New Member

Too much Snacks Harrison when Pats weren't running the ball.

Centiment and socaljetfan like this.