Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Even if we won yesterday and we absolutely should have, I still wouldnt be expecting to win the division. We play the Pats tougher than the rest of the league. they just dont lose to anybody else

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think we'll win the division but I'm not ready to concede it. Crazy things can happen, this is the NFL.

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I refuse to engage in this exercise in October. Matter of fact, I just threw up in my mouth a little. Know why? Because I know that the pederasts in Indy get a free goddamn ticket into the tournament. Because just when I thought all the trannies in Miami would be staring up at the undercarriage of the Bills, Ryan Freaking Tannehill turns into a competent quarterback. Because, as much as I could live with 22/39 for 295 yards each week, the great knock on Ryan Fitzpatrick has been his ability to go 10 years deep into a career and not sustain that for a full season. Because I can't think of a lousier five weeks than one that could include losing to the Patriots, Raiders and Dolphins - except one that also included a loss to certain blowhard coach sitting somewhere up there on the Canadian border; and I'm not saying that will happen, but if I had to sit through that right after someone starts a playoff discussion, I might break things in my house. Because I can think of only ONE time that doing all these playoff gymnastics has left me anything but pissed off and frustrated, so I'm certainly not going to start doing it in October. Lastly, because every time I think something has turned for the Jets, they find a way to screw me all over again in new and exciting ways. I'll wait until December and then start doing the math, thank you.

BacktoQueens, SonofDinger and abyzmul like this.
  4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

You can be real all you want. Myself and 99% of the fan base will not root for New England "here on out" ever. Not against the Phins not against anybody. I will strongly cheer for both teams to lose on Thursday night and wouldn't mind Gronk flying into Bellicheat on the sideline just like Graham to Sean Payton a few years back.

For tonight even though Baltimore is far behind, lets go Cards.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jack! When did you get out of prison?

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

12-4 isn't realistic after a 3-1 start? Statistically speaking, it is EXACTLY what is expected if they continue to play the same way, and I expect them to continue to improve as all these new pieces continue to establish chemistry (new additions and the coaching staff).

Rex is not here anymore. Things have changed, and yes, I expect us to sweep the Bills. They have been playing awful recently.

12-4 is not homerism, it is the minimum expectation we should have if we want to see our team win the division. I am SICK of only competing for a wildcard. I do not want to be 'happy' with a wildcard. Yes, I will be very happy just to be in the playoffs, assuming we find our way to the big show. But it is so much easier to make that happen when you do not need to win 3 road playoff games.

This team is very good. We let one get away yesterday. The Jets can play with any team in the league when they play like they did yesterday, and I do not think any team tougher than the Pats is on our schedule. 8-2 to 9-1 the rest of the way is NOT unrealistic if the Jets continue to play the way they have been, and continue to build chemistry. The stats don't lie.

Edit - And to those of you rooting for the Pats Thursday, why? I call that giving up on the division title. Are you really satisfied with just being a wildcard, again? How many AFC or SB titles do we have a wildcard? None. Let's win the division. Let's win SOMETHING to hang the banner at Metlife. ANYTHING.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

RobA is sick of the Jets competing for the wildcard, therefore, the Jets should win 12 games. Bradwaysux would call this magical thinking.

Br4d, Jay Bizniss, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  8. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

In two weeks, this would be an interesting conversation. For now I will root for the Dolphins to beat the Pats and every AFC team with a winning record to lose to every AFC team with a losing record. In two weeks we could be tied with the Pats, (Alright, it would be a miracle if Washington beat them), and then they come to us for the division. If we don't catch them, we should have no fear going through Gillette in January.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

this reminds me of how pissed I was when my math teacher mentioned magic numbers for the first time. as if I wasn't having enough trouble with shit, bitch had to throw in fucking magical numbers.

Br4d and Jay Bizniss like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope we're the 6th seed. Gives us a better shot at taking NE out in the POs (again)

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I hope we get a first round bye.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Really not thinking about the playoffs with 10 games left

endgameeugenics likes this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Dumb move. Why would you want the Dolphins to get their swagger back? Dolphins have talented players on their team, we don't need any more competition at the wild card spot. Pats are winning 13 games minimum this year. The division is lost. All we gotta do is punch our ticket to the dance and anything can happen.

NYJalltheway and socaljetfan like this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Me too. Not gonna happen though.

15. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

The only time it's ok for them to beat the Patriots is if we're not in the race or if we also beat the patriots

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yeah i know we all wanted to beat NE badly... but TBH i had this game marked down as a L since the since the schedules dropped. We're still doing as i expected. I think our next 2 games should be cake walks... that would sit us nicely at 6-2. then we play a winnable buffalo game, prime time at metlife, followed by a game in Houston. I say we got 1-1 in that stretch.

at that point we are 7-3 going into December (yayyy). In december our schedule kicks back up, but i believe we beat Giants & Patriots and lose Dallas and buffalo. I actually want to believe we one of dallas or bills but i'm trying to stay realistic, 12-4 seems a little far fetched.

11-5, Wildcard lock.

From there.... we'll see the Pats in January for yesterday's rematch

17. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I have my doubts on us losing to the Texans so that would leave us being swept by .... buffalo??? That defense is not the same that it was last year, I can see a split but the wheels are falling off the train fast and Rex might "lose" the pulse of the locker room quicker there then he did here.

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Nah.. split with buffalo.. i don't know how we lose that Houston game either...we probably dont. I just felt homerish saying we wont lose another game until mid- december , but it's really possible with that dominant defense and Fitz managing games well.

19. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Newsflash. We don't beat them either. Most teams think they play them tough, and then they lose. Ask the Steelers or the Ravens.

Rooting for the Dolphins is the same loser mentality that helped us lose the game on Sunday. I think the Jets didn't believe they were going to win and played scared.

The Pats can be beaten. They could lose 4-5 games this year. Let's shoot for the division. If we can't beat the 'phins at home in November, then we don't deserve the playoffs. Let's hope Miami crushes them on Thursday.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would love 2 more shots at NE.