Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I do not see a team the rest of the way that we cannot beat if we play our style of football. I expect they will probably have two bad games in there, which is why I said 12-4. Nonetheless, I cannot see anyway we win this division if we do not win AT LEAST 12 games. Honestly, I think we need to go 9-1 just to be in it, and I think we can do that.

2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I don't view 12-4 as realistic. But 10 or 11 wins is doable with the schedule.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Or if the fate of the world hangs on the pats winning, and even then i hope they don't cover the number

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't see the Dolphins as a threat for a playoff spot. They lost to the Jaguars then proceeded to run up the score on arguably the 2 worst teams in the NFL, both of whom we still have the privilege of playing. And we killed them H2H. Yawn. Like one loudmouth tough guy is gonna turn that whole season around. I want them to win Thursday but it won't be close. They don't have the DBs to stay within 17 of New England.

5. gulbane

gulbane Member

agreed......not realistic to only lose 2 more games. 9-7 or 10-6 are good possibilities - still great, and 10-6 will probably get a wild card spot.

6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I'm cheering for the patriots on Thursday. Realistically, the dolphins would be a bigger threat for a wild card spot. Patriots will probably win 13 games. I don't see the jets doing that.

That would send 3-4 miami vs 3-4 buffalo in two weeks. Imagine the bills showing up 3-5 on that Thursday night against the jets.

7. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

This times a thousand. Miami went against Ten and beat a rookie qb. Congratulations fish you played dirty and injured MM knee. Then they go and play Houston. A team that has a different qb every other week under center. Their new hc is going to have his lunch eaten this thursday and everyone will see how big of a gap there is in the afc east. This game will be over before the fourth quarter starts. I am sick of hearing these fish fans talking about playoffs after two wins against the shittiest teams left on their schedule.

SonofDinger and Big Cat like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No one wants to hand the division to the Patriots. And I am not going to yet, but yesterday hurt. Division Leaders: Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Colts.

Let's take a look at the Jets potential Wild Card Challengers:
    1. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3)
    2. Oakland Raiders (3-3)
    3. Miami Dolphins (3-3)
    4. Buffalo Bills (3-4)

5 0ther AFC teams are at (2-5) and clearly not out of it, but I won't include them yet. Looking at that list, this week's game at Oakland is a crucial one if the Jets want to be a playoff team. They also play Buffalo twice and Miami once again. This is an obvious statement, but everything is still in the Jets hands right now. Just win your games.

9. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

This week is fairly big but I don't think critical. All an L would do this week is pull the Raiders even with us. After that we have some very winnable games and I don't buy Oakland as consistent enough for more than 8-8 or so. The team to watch is the Steelers, with Ben back. The difference between the 1st wildcard and 2nd wildcard is the difference between playing a potentially 7-9 team v. playing a potentially 13-3 team. The gap is that massive and I don't even know that AFC South winner gets to 7 wins. Colts are staring 3-6 in the face with 2 hard games coming up, and no one else in that division is capable of more than 5 wins. I see the Steelers getting to 10+ wins with Ben back. We need to keep pace with them.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

12-4 is being realistic? Gotta love RobA. You would think after years of posting he would have learned a thing or 2 about football.

Way too many variables to predict what the record will be but despite what we think of Rex that team will be ready to play both games against us. You just need to look at the way his teams played the Pats when he was here so ignoring that is just dumb. While I do think we'll beat Miami a 2nd time history says it won't be easy.

The Giants and Cowboys will not be walks in the park as the Boys will have Dez and Romo back I believe and will be fighting for their playoff lives. Shit this week isn't going to be a gimme either. I think we'll beat the Raiders but they are much improved and Derek Carr is one of the best young QB's in the league.

Yes the Jets will control their own destiny the rest of the way just thinking they go 12-4 is based on nothing other than blind homerism.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Getting the 5th seed vs 6th seed is definitely huge. Shithole AFC South "winner" vs a team that probably won 12 games in Denver or Cincy, 2 tough places to play.

NoodleArm and DoubleDecker87 like this.
  12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The only reason I feel good about Buffalo game is that they are so banged up. McCoy is not beating us on his own... They need a passing attack and right now Watkins is having pussy issues and Harvin is MIA. Buffalo has serious issues...Miami while revitalized, will most likely lose this week and they are playing for an interim head coach. We need to beat Buffalo and Miami at home, which we should be able to do.

It all starts with rebounding on the road in Oakland. Tough game, and even tougher with Mangold and Pryor possibly out. We still should match up well with them and it will be important for us to shut down the run, and create a turnover. the 1 turnover yesterday is a big difference in the game.

13. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

too early for this. Wait till the Oakland game.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

BUF keeps losing to AFC teams, they are going to be cooked soon

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  15. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Obviously I'm not ready to concede the division yet, but realistically if we take care of business the next two weeks against Oakland and Jacksonville, we should be in excellent shape to secure the 5 seed as a wild card going forward. With the Dolphins playing the Patriots and the Steelers playing the Bengals week 8, two of our primary competitors for a wild card are in prime position to lose. Additionally, the Steelers play the Raiders week 9, and the Dolphins play the Bills that week as well. Essentially, as long as we show up and play our best game against the Raiders and Jaguars, we should be sitting at 6-2 mid season, and should both New England and Cincinnati win this weekend (high probability), we will have at least two fewer loses than all of the teams we are competing with for a playoff spot.

16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yep

ajax and Big Cat like this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think we're winning 9 to 11 games with 10 the most likely number.

I think Chris Ivory will miss some more time and it's very possible Eric Decker will also. Hopefully Fitzpatrick stays healthy the whole season but his track record is spotty on that for reasons that are easy to see on the field.

I think the defense is a top 10 defense that can be top 3 if everybody stays healthy. One key guy going out will cause all sorts of ripple effects though. We saw that yesterday with Pryor going down. It could just as easily have been Revis or Gilchrist and Brady would have gotten the same get out of jail free card.

tbruner12 and jdon like this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

12-4??? That is WAY to optomistic. If this team finishes 11-5, I would be immensely surprised. 10-6 is a good estimate now.

19. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I'm just being a realist. We're not catching them. Unless Brady goes down , the AFC East is over.

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

NE's a lock for 13 or 12 wins, I seriously doubt we're winning that many games. A Miami win on Thursday put thems back in the playoff race. Even if NE loses on Thursday, they'll stil win the divison. Look at their schedule.