Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like your objective perspective. Not bad at all for a Pat fan. If we get fortunate enough to beat the Pats Sunday it would be a major upset IMHO.
    I also believe we are on the right track to become a significant contender and if we stay the course we can overtake the AFC east in a couple of years at long last. Once we do we should hold the reigns tight while you rebuild your legacy with a new QB and HC.

#281 LAJet, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

You need to visit the NFL forum :)

3. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

We need to draft O-line and LB heavy in the draft next year. WR And RB has been a deep position in drafts the past few years. I recall Mac saying he reserves late round picks for OL. That does not sound appealing at this time.

This is a weak QB class, but I'd like to see another QB added. I'm not sold on Petty, especially after seeing Seth Russell pick up where Bryce left off and arguably perform better.

4. Burning Elvii

Ah so with Dorito Dink and the deflator back in the fold expect some needling work to help Edelman out .....and I don't mean crocheting :)

Big Cat likes this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Wonder if we'll be seeing Owusu and/or Thompkins this weekend. Devin Smith as well needs to come around.

The more offense the better.

6. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

You're my favorite Jets fan <3

It's cute how you rely on them more to beat us because your team cant. Living vicariously through the Jets as a Steelers fan.

7. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I'm curious what Jets fans think of the Pats running game, it's again running back by committee, the TEAM average is 4.1 ypc, the two primary ball carriers are averaging 5.1 and 5.0 yards per carry though on 49 and 40 carries for 89/450/6TDs. I'd call that a rather effective running game when they call for it, do you think your defense will stop it? slow it? disregard it?

The two running backs the Patriots employ certainly aren't slouches they just aren't given the sheer amount of carries as your own Ivory, or other teams RB's, but the touches they do receive average out to rather impressive numbers. When eyeing up only the Patriots "pure" running backs what do you think of our run game and your ability to slow it down? Take into account our RB's vs our opponents and your Run D vs your opponents. I probably still say that the matchup of talent vs talent favors the Jets run D vs our Run O, but, I won't discredit our running backs, Lewis is a special talent as a 3rd Down RB, and Blount is VERY unspectacular, but his career in New England = 1302 yards on 262 carries for 5.0 ypc and 14 TDs. That's rather impressive, just a limited amount of touches for the time he's been here.

I really do enjoy outside opinions, I want to hear what you guys think we're capable of (in the running gam, i do trust our passing vs almost anyone). We all love hearing the biased opinions of how great we are, watch our games and tell me how good you think we are, usually it means more coming from fans who hate us than those who love us if you can fight through the bias.

8. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Blount doesn't scare me near as much as Lewis does. If NE can get him in space matched up against a LB, that is a big advantage for Lewis IMO. I expect him to be used on a few wheel routes since Sproles was very effective in a similar role.

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Dion Lewis has gotten me through the Andre Ellington/Jamaal Charles nightmare that my fantasy football season has become so I'm loving the little dude. That said I think our D is better suited to match up against Blount. Our front 7 won't be out muscled but they can be out run. Cromartie nonwithstanding, we do have some very good tacklers in our secondary though so you rarely make it past the second level. If Buster Skrine sits this game out that will make a guy like Lewis a bigger threat.

10. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

That sentence could be taken from the Bills/Cowboys board. Pats defense is way better than advertised. Especially up front. If they can contain Ivory even a little bit, I don't think the Jets have a shot. Because if you end up on 3rd and long then Fitz has to do it, and that will 100% lead to turnovers. No two ways about it. Ivory is a beast though.

And this might be the best Pats team I've seen when it comes to turnovers. They have one in the passing game, and that was the result of Edelman basically throwing the ball to a Colts player. Only one that scares me turnover wise is Lewis, who fumbled twice already. He's no Ridley though. Pats don't even run the ball that much but Ridley fumbled pretty much on every hard tackle.

So if the offensive line is somewhat healthy (Cannon got hurt too) and Edelman has a working pinky, then my guess is 31-20 Pats. Fitz 2 picks.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

28-20 Pats with at least one brawl at the end of the game (but probably 2) and at least 2 Jets players ejected.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

After spending a year in NE, I hope there is something, anything Revis can clue the D and O in on that tips the scale in the Jets favor.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm doubting a brawl. I'm pretty sure Bowles had a conversation with Breno after the last game about that and you don't want to go do the thing your coach just told you is stupid the very next game.

The right side of the Jets line is very volatile and could brawl at any time but Bowles knows that and he really wants to keep the Jets on an even keel on the road against their strongest opponent.

If Rex was still here the brawl would be guaranteed.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually I think the brawl will be between the Jets D and the Pats O shortly after a game clinching interception, and it'll be instigated by Edelman.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's always possible with Richardson and Mo on the field. Again, I think it's unlikely because the Jets have a lot of options on the DL this year. If I was Bowles I'd tell my players that if they got 15 for a fight they could sit down for awhile and watch the other guys play, even if they didn't get ejected.

16. Burning Elvii

We shall see as we were down bell Bryant and pouncey....not to mention the cheating by NE in that game.

Have u been paying attention lately? Or just smoking cigs after your post Brady masturbation sessions?

I'd wager we will be riding the victory parade second week of February.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

NE is 20th in the league in 3rd down defense giving up 40% of 3rd down attempts. The Jets are 8th in the league in offensive 3rd down efficiency. Obviously that doesn't consider the distance on third down but I think it's relevant.

OT: Jets are 3rd in the league in 3rd down defense giving up only 32.4% of 3rd downs.

#297 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  18. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I'll take Patriots. You take Pitt. Anyone else is a wash. If Patriots win SB, you donate $500 to charity of my liking. If Steelers win SB, I'll do the same. Deal?

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

May your prediction be 100% correct. Edelman is the whining, cocky little prick that now thinks highly of himself courtesy of Brady's uncanny talent. Anywhere else he would be pedestrian at best. I hope Pryor gives him a wake up call with a monster hit as he is strolling down the middle for a catch.

joe, NY Jets68 and Big Cat like this.
  20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I would assume that the Pats will try to change some things up to make things tougher to recognize, but I'm sure Revis knows the Pats offense better than anyone.