Revis 60 minutes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

LogeSection2RowJ and Walt White like this.
  2. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

He was really great. Solid businessman. After watching I did walk way with the impression that he would always go to the highest bidder. Which made me question my fandom a bit.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yeah mentioned this yesterday in my thread...Watching it, its amazing to see how he carries himself.

Sean Gilbert is an influence we all wish we had in our lives. Priceline negotiator!

No wonder Cromartie has stopped his spending ways...He probably sees Revis and admires him like everyone else.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I don't blame the player one bit....With such a physical game and having contracts not guaranteed by injury it would be foolish not to maximize your earnings when you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

The NFL is business. Its not HS football or college football, its a product. Its kind of ridiculous to expect a player to put the team before themselves when it comes to finance. Every athlete is a consultant of sorts. Every team a corporation. They are employed contract to contract. Who can blame them for negotiating the best deal they can possibly get?
    That said, I don't particularly like, or agree with, renegotiating contracts that haven't been fulfilled yet though. My feeling is you already agreed to those terms and they should be fulfilled (that goes BOTH ways too.)

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

him and John Geiger used to be best friends, crazy how things change

7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It was a good interview. I am not bothered that a football player of Revis' skill would seek to maximize his earnings. You know the owners would do the same and they jack up prices to the max every chance they get.

One thing that bothered me a bit was how ruined his hometown football field was. I know it was called "The Pitt" for a reason but it looked dangerous.... You would think that since Revis was touting it as the place where he learned to play football on 60 minutes he would have sunk 50-100k to refurbish it a bit and ensure the kids in his hometown have a place to play. I know he has a charity but that was bad optics by the Revis camp.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I missed it last night watching the METS. Good piece.....Thanks.

A good friend (who's Dolphan :confused: ) texted me really complementing Revis after watching.

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

The only part that bothered me was when he kind of bragged about the 5 contracts he signed in 7 years, that didn't come off right. But other than that I liked it. He seems like a good guy who handled his career or his job like a business, I can't hate him for that. I love how some people are saying he's selfish because according to them (or the CBS guy) Revis puts the team 2nd. Well, no shit. Every player does. Nobody puts the team first. It's a job like any other job!

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I forgot Sean Gilbert was his uncle...

I didn't know that he negotiated a luxury suite for himself. Smart kid.

11. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

This is why I understand when a player holds out. It sucks when a top player is willing to miss time to get what they think they deserve, but they need to maximize the amount of money they earn while they can. It's not like the team is going to keep around a player that doesn't live up to the contract that they signed.

12. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

Did you happen to see Geiger's Twitter account last night by any chance....?

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I didn't see it, but nydailynews said Geiger called Revis a fucking liar during the 60 min presentation on twitter, you referring to that?

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is all wonderful but if you're a long-time Jets fan the only thing you care about is how Revis impacts the chances of winning a Super Bowl. Right now, with lots of other momentarily cheap pieces around him he's a very high impact player for the Jets.

At times in the past and likely in the future his high price tag will outweigh his playing value on the field. I'm very happy with him this year. If the Jets were not playing well overall due to lack of talent elsewhere I'd be a lot less happy with a franchise CB.

It's hard not to like him though. He's got a good vibe that feels great when the Jets are winning.

15. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

Yup. Went beyond that [​IMG]

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

hmm..that guy was a business manager? No wonder he was fired, he can't even speak english and do they test business managers for drugs too?

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...a woman scorned.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

hopefully this doesn't turn into real issues for revis. he's having an awesome season

#19 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  19. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

When I think of art and class this John Geiger guy is the first thing that pops into my mind. What a magnificent person.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.