Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Yes, cause the posters of this forum have a huge impact on Sunday's game.......

SonofDinger likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh....you mean they don't?

Holy fukn shit!

:rolleyes:

#142 Walt White, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What are you saying? You're questioning my very existence in this virtual reality!

SonofDinger likes this.
  4. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Spread is Jets -5.5. Nice to see some Vegas love. I was expecting something closer to -4.

SonofDinger and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think our defense scores its first touchdown of the season in this game. In fact, bold prediction: the defense scores more points than it lets up on Sunday. (7-6)

6. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

We get a "shaky QB on the road" bump. Not to mention Cousins recent history in this stadium speaks volumes. I'm actually surprised it isn't 6 or 7.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's funny how when out of conference opponents show up on the schedule that you would not usually otherwise see from national games, like the Packers Cowboys Niners etc., I think gee i don't really know this team. Maybe I should watch them before they play the Jets? Ftr I think I saw the skins twice last year, but that was last year. And I have not seen them this year. But how much do they have in common now with the week one version? This kind of thing makes it problematic to make predictions. I'd basically be going off someone else's analysis.

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

skins are a tough team. this wont be a cakewalk like the dolphins. they run well and their D is stout. i thorw out the giants game, as thursday night games are rarely competitive and rarely do you see both teams best efforts.

they lost to miami, but also had a couple strong wins and took atlanta to the brink in atlanta where the falcons are really tough to beat.

To me, if we can turn over cousisn 2+ times we win. if not, i think it will be really tough. they are basically a poor mans version of us. below average qb you hope just manges the game and doesnt turn it over, strong run game, strong defense.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont think our wideouts will have 1 on 1 matchups. i think decker/marshall are doubled all game. i think they stack the box, and have no up top help on our other 3 eligble recievers. meaning that owuso, smith,kerley, powell, and whoever is lining up at TE will need to win their 1 on 1 matchups.

10. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I expect Marshall to get all the double team attention, all game long. If they try to go 1 on 1 coverage with him for any extended period of time, we will dominate this game. Even if Hall plays, they have no one who comes close to matching Marshall. i pray the skins are stupid enough to leave him on an island against their db's.

Decker on obvious passing downs i.e. 3rd and long will probably see some extra help from the defense but on 1st and 2nd down the skins defense is going to key up on Ivory. After pounding 166 yds and a td against the phins, he is on everyone's radar in the nfl, and after Freeman just ate their lunch all day you know that coaching staff if going to be preaching stuff the run.

If we can hit decker with some decent gains early, this will soften the defense and everything will fall into place for Ivory and Marshall. The key is Decker making the defense worry about him on 1st and 2nd down. If fitzy can do this, we sit comfortably with a two possession lead going into halftime never to be relinquished.

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I like this weeks matchup for us. Two very similar teams, with us being slightly better.

With Sheldon back, they shouldnt be able to really run it. It'll be nice to see Sheldon/Mo/Leonard Williams play together.

Kirk Cousins is actually having a decent year now that I'm looking up the numbers. But he's a game manager in the truest sense. More so than Fitzpatrick. Doesnt throw many INT's, completes a high percentage of his passes. Doesnt throw too many touchdowns though.

Actually having a better year than Fitz all the way around. That was very surprising.

Washington is very strong against the pass. They arent creating turnovers which is nice, but they hold opponents to a poor completion %, and dont give up too many yards.

There actually pretty good against the run as well. Not as good as us, but solid.

My prediction is that this is a very low scoring game.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not possible to double team 2 receivers all game and still stack the box

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They're probably also going to have 4 safeties over the top just in case.

IDFjet, The Dark Knight, ajax and 3 others like this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

fucking army tank in the end zone just in case that fails

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Ivory would still run through it.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm looking for Brandon Marshall to use, and abuse, DeAngelo Hall and Chris Culliver.

Keep taking shots down field to D. Smith and run Decker in the slot

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I hope Ivory runs the ball down their god damn throats

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I got this image of the Tiananman square scene except its Ivory so the tank bumps him head on and then he shrugs it off and just stutter steps past it and keeps going.

donkey likes this.
  19. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Jets wearing white on green sunday? They are 3 and 0 when they do.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

How the fk are they going to double cover 2 WR and stack the box at the same time? Sheesh. It looks like you merely parsed together several cliches.

Jetaho likes this.