First Quarter Grandes - Todd Bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 5, 2015.

?

How would you grade the performance of the season so far for Head Coach Todd Bowles?

1. A

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. B

44 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Todd Bowles eating grande burritos during the first quarter...

Faux machine likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It really looks like 9-7/10-6 at this point. Maybe 11-5 with a ton of luck. I'm thinking the Jets only have to beat Fins, Bills once, Jags, Titans, (Raiders or Texans) and (Redskins or Giants) and they'll be 67/33 to make the playoffs. That'd be 3-3 in the division, 8-4 in the AFC and 9-7 overall. Anything after that is basically a clincher.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I would be severely disappointed if they did not beat the Fins twice. I will take one against the Bills. The trick is just not to lose to teams like the Jags and the Giants. Not comparing the Jags to the Giants, by any means. But that is how you stay relevant in your division, too.

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

this made me LOL at work and everyone around me was looking at me like i lost my mind

thank you - i needed this!

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's Jonnyd type spelling

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

I gave Bowles an A and OP a D-.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

B+/A- Boles did an amazing job getting the team ready despite training camp distractions. And has kept his players motivated after the Eagles game. Minuses has been special teams and occasional crappy offensive play calling, but he's heads and above better than Rexy.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am tempted to give him an A since I love his style, especially after suffering from Rex Overload. But not only special teams but the level of penalties is a concern. I don't hold the play calling all that much against him other than that his hiring Gailey was the one off season move I was not totally on board with. still have questions about that. Like you I wish I could grade him just barely an A-.

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I like what he's done for sure. Coming out ready to play against Miami was huge. The next big test is getting the team ready to play against Washington next weekend.

Penalties have been a bit of a concern, but that could be some runoff of Rex, since he is still the leader in penalties.

10. Ask me a year from now.

Typically Jet coaches debut years go very well. It's "sustained success" that has doomed this franchise.

Br4d likes this.
  11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Isn't this the time for Adam Schein to come into this thread?
    [​IMG]
    "I have to give him a C because he is ultimately responsible for the Geno/IK situation, and for coming out flat against Philly, and for guys getting hurt in the Miami game, and for our cheerleaders not being pretty enough."

* Such a punchable face.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The job definitely grinds on people.