Trap game vs Redskins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjets2sb, Oct 6, 2015.

1. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

With the Patriots game coming the following week does anyone else think that the Jets might play down to the Redskins level coming off the bye? They don't seem to be as bad as originally thought with a 2-2 record.

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I don't think this should be categorized as a potential trap game. The Redskins are playing pretty well right now so it would be foolish for the Jets to look past them regardless of who the following opponent is. Not to mention having a 2 week layoff to think about the game.

3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

With the Pats game the week after, I think that is all the more reason to be prepared against Washington.

The Pats are monsters this year.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Are they really???

week 1 - vs Pittsburgh who didn't have leveon or martavious Bryant
    Week 2 - buffalo .. We've seen that they are mediocre
    Week 3 - Jacksonville

I don't think they are the juggernaut that everyone is portraying them to be. And this week they get a Brandon weeden led Dallas team

zace likes this.
  5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins looks like a deer in the headlights whenever he's blitzed. Give Bowles 2 weeks to prepare? I'm confident.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah.

If we can't make Cousins look like my cousin...we don't deserve the win.

RIPJimLeonhard and Maverick_jet like this.
  7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Not a trap game, but one where they may be overlooking Washingtonand towards a shot at Brady, Belichick and Gronk. It's football nature to do this. The Jets did overlook Philly with an eye on Miami and London. Hopefully the lesson was learned.

I sure hope Bowles has team better prepared off the bye week than our previous head coach

8. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I agree. they have been pretty lucky with the sched so far as on paper they had two tough early games but there are 4 all-pro quality players missing from those teams (DAL/PIT). I was surprised that they man handled buffalo but im still optimistic.

I find it hilarious all the articles have headlines like "pats prove they can win without cheating"... not only are they playing easy games but im sure that the same thing was said after spygate... turns out they were still cheating lol

9. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

as a side note it will be interesting to see how bowles comes out after the bye as rex was notoriously awful after a bye, im not even sure if hes won a game after the bye...

Royce Parker likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yup. Like I think Ariona and Green Bay are much better teams than New England

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bowles doesn't strike me as the type to allow his team get lax about any opponent.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  12. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Anyone doubting the Patriots potency and sheer dominance on the offensive side of the ball is falling into the same trap we said last year. The "pig is ripe for the slaughter" and "the decline of brady" were thrown around a lot here and they won a superbowl. Until I see Brady struggle for half a season he is still the second best qb in the league and as dominate as ever.

Now onto Washington. They have a very underrated defense, that can supply pressure to the qb and stop the run. They will give Fitz and company a lot more trouble than any other defense we have faced this year.

Luckily, they will also be the worse offense we will face this year so far. Both of their running backs are the kind of players that usually do not gash this defense. Its the small elusive types i.e sproles, spiller etc., that give our team fits.Reed is a serious question mark to play this week and next with a severe concussion and Desean Jackson is out forever with a hamstring which is even more good news for our defense ( Revis on Garcon, I take that every day). Our defense should murder ( and i put that lightly ) Kirk Cousins. I expect to see him running for his life and us getting 4 turnovers and 5 sacks.

I wouldn't call this a trap game, more of a game the jets usually lose due to imploding on offense and giving Cousins the ball in our own redzone. If we can avoid that we can look to the daunting task of the flats in new england, ugh.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hate to disagree with you when it comes to hated New England, but they've beaten better teams than we have. Pittsburg may not have had Leveon or Martavious but they did have Rothlisberger which makes them a (much) better team than the concussed QB-turned Manziel Browns team from week #1. Buffalo "mediocre?" Then you can more then say the same thing about the Colts. As for the Eagles, they didn't have their top back Murray. And Miami? In their current state (esp. if Philbin were still coach) who wouldn't think NE would drop well over 40 on them? They've acquired talent on the defensive side of the ball and aren't imo as unbalanced offensively/defensively as they've been in past years.

'Much' better?

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wow, our second trap game out of five so far

irishwhip03 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The schedule looks so weak right now that we could have a thread like this every other week.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Redskins a trap game? No way. That'd be if we played the Devils......

Ba-dum-tsh
    :D

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

If the Redskins (that's right, I said it) knock off the Falcons, will their fans worry about them playing down to the level of the Jets?

RIPJimLeonhard likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The question isn't "Can we beat the 'Skins?", it's "How badly can we beat the 'Skins without showing NE anything?"

And I'm not too worried about NE. Heck, GENO took them to overtime twice last season when THEY had Revis.

Jets 28
    NE 26

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'm not sure we are good enough to have trap games yet.

20. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I would like to think that they realize they're not good enough to overlook teams