Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 5 the (3-1) Jets are on a BYE. The (2-2) Redskins are at the (4-0) Falcons. Never too early to start discussing your next opponent.

I live down here in Redskins Country. They have impressed the fans with wins over the Rams and Eagles at home. Lost to the Joe Philbin led Dolphins at home too and of course that terrible loss at Eli and the Giants on Thursday Night Football.

They have been better than expected, but the Redskins are still very beatable. Kirk Cousins is an average QB at best on a good day, our defense should have no problem with him. Especially if Sheldon is back. The Redskins like to run the ball and have done a decent job this year. Their defense has been better than expected too, but I am not so sure how good it truly is.

I think we will learn more about them as a road team this week, against a good Falcons team.

The Jets should be clear home favorites. Can't wait to get back on the field. The 2 week span between a game, Bye Week and next game is always the longest two weeks of the year for me. :)

tiger8mush and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Not that I'm worried about him but will DeSean be back by then? I think I read somewhere he'll miss a couple months so I guess not, would make things a bit easier. That said, the Redskins are not a team you have to be afraid of. You punch them in the mouth once they're pretty much done, they're not built to last or overcome a turnover or a TD given up. You can now point to the Eagles game but we're not the Eagles. Can't wait to see Mo, Sheldon & the rest go after Cousins and destroy him. I think he will have another meltdown 3-4 INT type performance.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

He Dark Knight down here in Skins country myself. They are the most delusional fanbase in football.

With that said, I am concerned about their running game. They have 2 legit backs that can tote the rock. And that defense is underrated. I felt much more confident about destroying Miami then I do about the Skins.

With that said as mentioned earlier,. we have Sheldon back and a week for everyone else to get healthy. Also now with 4 weeks of tape on people (will be 5) the CS should know what to attack. And that usually means the team with more talent at home wins the game

Jets 24-Skins 13

4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Nearly 2 weeks away from the game but regardless this is a game that we should win. If we want to seriously be playoff contenders we cannot lose to the Washington Redskins.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Redskins are one of the tougher teams in the league to run on. The secondary has plenty of holes, so Marshall and Decker should continue to make plays.

Excited for that game, will be in attendance.

tiger8mush and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Agreed. We need to be going into that Pats game 4-1 if we have a chance of making this season a special one. At home after a BYE against this team getting one of our top 3 impact defensive players back.........no excuses

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Jets defense should be able to confuse Cousins and limit his game.
    Jets defense should be able to slow down the running game.

Washington's Run Defense isn't bad, so we probably wont have another 200 yard rushing game.
    Washington's Pass Defense is too bad either, but it is definitely attackable. They dont force too many turnovers either, which could bode well for us.

With the extra week, the Jets should be prepared for this game. I think the Jets take it by 7.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Let's jus hope decker and Ivory can get 100% and Let's hope Sheldon doesn't get any additional games. My two concepts during the bye week.

I'm curious to see how Bowles handles the bye week. I don't think we had one win coming after the bye week under Rex. Let's hope that changes under this regime. Jordan Reed, cousins favorite target and security blanket got dinged up yesterday. Sprained MCL and concussion so he could be out for the skins which would be s tremendous blow to them.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If we are at full strength with all our players anyone is beatable. That said, how did this team beat Philadelphia?

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The game plan remains the same, lean in the run game take occasional shots down the field and hopefully the defense can force turnovers and wreck havoc. We should win this one 21-7

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I want a win BADLY, to make these guys unhappy ....

[​IMG]

Vida, TNJet, BigJenks and 1 other person like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha very true. I still can't believe the Jets lost to the Eagles and then the Redskins beat them. That is how the NFL is though, I guess.

Vida likes this.
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Bye Week - Means the Jets get blown out, doesn't it?

Oh wait, Rex is Gone and there is a new sheriff in town, hopefully the days of the ill prepared uninspired post bye week blues are gone forever.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You don't have to wait for the Jets to beat the Redskins in two weeks to piss those guys off. Just drive by the Anacostia River area near the old RFK stadium area, now known as a place they store their garbage and criminals (non-elected criminals anyway) and flip the bird. those guys will likely be living there and willing to fight

Jetaho likes this.
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The real question is how did we lose to Philadelphia. Terrible defense and no Ivory is how.

Vida and TNJet like this.
  16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, but I try to avoid shitholes.

17. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Washington is 2-2 but they are on their way to 5-11 not 8-8. This is a team with arguably a worse QB situation than ours, and throughout the rest of the rosters there is little comparison. We have significant talent advantages at many key positions. The one concern, and I'm not sure it is a huge concern, is Washington's running game. The Eagles were able to win against us, in part, because they ran it very effectively in the first half. Washington's only prayer of beating us would be to establish a strong running game and play from ahead. If we jump on them and they are forced to rely on Cousins, they are doomed. I think their D is pretty average, and our star players on offense should continue their strong seasons. If Cousins is having an off day (he has lots of them), this could turn into a decisive win.

18. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Better win this game....Patriots are the week after...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Don't mean to jump ahead but 4-1 jets vs. 5-0 pats.. Move over Eagles-Panthers.. SNF we come.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  20. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Don't you put that evil on us, Ricky Bobby! It's the Jets. One game at a time {cliche, but so true this year}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk