Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure, Miami came out angry today.

All Gas No Shake, Kris 15 and TonyMaC like this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They left angry too...

greaser, matt robinson 17 and Kris 15 like this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

My old boss in college was a Fins fan. Our old diatribes went something like this...

"Jets are a complete joke, bruh. So how was your weekend?"

"Ummm. Good. Good. I went to see the latest Cohen brothers movie. Ohh and Marino blows goats, dude."

This got VERY old after a while.

4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Eh, even with Decker, we still would have lost last week. Kerley did more than fine in place of Decker.

Maybe Ivory would have made a difference, but not even sure there. Jets couldn't run at all last week.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a very satisfying win for me. I didn't expect the London game to have that much juice, but it felt like a playoff game. Maybe it's my lifelong disdain for the always over rated Dolphins. Maybe it was the fact that I wanted to be there, and two from our tailgating group did make it over and I have friends in the UK and Netherlands who also made the effort. I wanted "our" team to win for them. Maybe it was just that the uniqueness of watching a breakfast game with screwdrivers and pancakes & eggs instead of beer & burgers, with the national TV audience. I don't know exactly. I was keyed-up big time when it looked as though we were starting to give the game away in the second half. I couldn't sit in a chair and was watching standing up. Damn, it felt like a playoff game. Had the Jets lost yesterday it would've sucked BIG TIME. Whatever the score or the bad penalties that should not have been called, the Jets put forth a great effort yesterday. Miami had been to London for a game last season so that's an advantage. There was familiarity for them. I didn't know what to expect from us.

Whatever the reason for my excitement, the combination of all those things makes me a happy Jets fan today. SO much better heading into the bye week with a win, and a winning record. Really looking forward to seeing an angry Sheldon Richardson added to this group. I think more QB's are gonna fall fellas, and it'll be fantastic.

Unfortunately though, according the NY Post, we'll only get one more win this year. ;) Thanks for the 4-12 prediction!

6. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Miami yesterday: 0-16 on third and fourth downs.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Specifically 0-12 on 3rd down and 0-4 on 4th down

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Worst fans in the NFL, they show up as empty seats...

greaser likes this.
  11. greaser

Yeah, they also have this, "Thank you NY Jets" movement going on. Apparently, we did them a real solid by unleashing Chris Ivory all over there vaunted defense. I loved watching him run through Suh's ham haucks but I digress...
    Back to their gratitude, our Jets helped to show their inept coaches the door.
    Fuck you dolphins fans, be miserable in your loss like a self respecting fan should.

12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Tanny strikes again! lol this is great.....

According to multiple reports, there was tension between quarterback Ryan Tannehill and the team's defense on Saturday during the team's walk-through in London. Tannehill, upset that his passes were intercepted by players on the scout team, said, "enjoy your practice squad paychecks," according to the reports.

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, following an altercation that prompted the team's defensive players to go even harder after Tannehill, they were advised to no longer practice full speed and, in protest, stopped practicing completely when the quarterback took his snaps.

greaser likes this.
  13. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

omfg, is this The Onion? Tannehill said that????

How wonderful.

greaser likes this.
  14. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This is hilarious. That team is on the brink of complete meltdown of epic proportions lmao!

15. greaser

No it's true and delicious.

16. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

How's that contract extension to your QB working out for you Tannenbaum? LOL at least Sanchez didnt get mad at the D for practicing too hard. lol!

Surprised this isn't a bigger story......Imagine Geno said/did this? Or Sanchez when he was here?

17. greaser

I believe this has already happened at a Chernobyl level. In fact, I hear Miami has been declared uninhabitable.

18. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Having attended the game the atmosphere was way more partisan than previous 'International Series' games played in London. There was a heavy Jets representation in the crowd and it was good to see that the J-E-T-S chant came over on the TV - as I've just watched the recording back. Gang Green fans were way, way louder than their Dolphin counterparts and this would have been seen and heard by the team. So all in all, a good result.

donkey likes this.
  19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I loved the fact that you could hear the Jets chant on tv. I felt we made some good noise on third and fourth down, too. Not as good as in NY, but we were the away team.