Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

You've gotta love some women. My GF, a die hard fish fan and former Floridian has been talking noise all week about how Miami is going to get back on track against us. I've got mimosas all set for kick off and As usual sexual favors are the poker chips here.

So I turn to my family here at TGG for advice. What do I push to the middle of the table for my reward?

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I thought the Colts were supposed to be angry week 2? And it was their home opener? And Luck doesn't lose back to back games? Narratives like that are bullshit and sometimes get incorrectly confirmed by coincidence. The Eagles weren't "angry" last week, the Jets just handed them a game with a couple boneheaded plays and a punt return TD. If anything, the narrative is that the Dolphins are about to quit on their head coach (if they haven't already). How often do you see a headline that says "coaching changes possible if -Team X- loses Sunday" and then see team X come out playing inspired football? It's usually a self fulfilling prophecy.

Freddy Mondo and TonyMaC like this.
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

A Blumpkin

dawinner127 and rinvesto like this.
  4. Big Cat

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

How about the narrative that we just can't beat Philadelphia? Is that just bull shit too?
    Dolphins almost always play us tough, beat us when we expect to win etc.
    Being in London away from home, I think is an advantage for them.

Sorry but the Eagles took control of the game at the start - We didn't give it to them.
    We did our best to give away crap that prevented us from coming back in the game, but the first quarter they kicked our asses.

6. Big Cat

Yes, the narrative that we can't beat Philadelphia is an even bigger bullshit narrative than them "playing angry". As if games from 2011, 2007 or even further back have any influence on a game in 2015 where every player on the roster, every coach on the staff and every member of the front office is different.

7. Big Cat

And they out scored us 3-0 in the first quarter. "Kicked our asses in the first quarter" or "came out angry from the start" is so off base. The game turned when we gave them a punt return touchdown to make it 10-0, then Marshall handed them another 7 to make it 24. We lost that game more than they won it.

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  8. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Think I'll make a bangers and mash variation for breakfast in the morning. Breakfast sausage, potato cakes covered in sausage gravy. Maybe I'll even put it on an English muffin. Should go well with bloody Mary w/clam juice.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Freddy Mondo and Big Cat like this.
  10. Section 336

My take on kicking our ass is simple - they were dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Anybody know if Ivory is actually going to play or is he going to stand on the sidelines looking like an idiot again? I have him in two FF leagues and made the huge mistake of playing him last week.

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

not likely…

I mean even IF we follow that kind of logic, shouldn't they have played with their hair on fire in last weeks divisional game against the bills after losing to a young team like the Jaguars? especially at a home opener?

and what about the jets? they're coming off an ugly loss to philly, shouldn't they be playing angry too? why is that a one way street?

and given how weak their secondary and defensive scheme looks I'm thinking Fitz won't be the reason we lose this week if we even do lose...

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

See how confident she is if your 'reward' is a threesome with her and her hottest friend from college...

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So, let me understand the logic based on some fans comments. When we win and control the line of scrimmage its against scrubs, but the loss to Philly was because they simply kicked our ass. And they were a much better team on a mission. Get ready now because Miami will come out angry again this week after a loss, jada, jada, jada.
    So what? Why should we not come out just as angry.? The fact of the matter is that we lost last week for one reason and one reason only. Mistakes combined with poor execution. Being angry in the NFL does not do much, unless you don't play your best game each and every week.
    It's going to boil down to how well our OL does agains their D and vice versa. If we control the tempo and start out strong we win, if we fall painfully behind and try to catch up we loose. Last week performance be damned. If our OL lays an egg we are screwed. If we get to Tannihil they are toast. It's time for Fitz and the Jets to make a major statement before the buy week...and build momentum from it as we go forward, we get healthy and Sheldon comes back.
    This game might set the stage for good things to come after the buy, and is all based on our focus, execution and readiness tomorrow. Miami state of mind does not have a damned thing to do with it.

15. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

/Cleveland Steamer combo

16. Section 336

No it also boils down to talent,
    Philly and Miami are both better teams than we are, as will be more evident at the end of the season with the final records.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Anal with her facing the TV as we go into the Victory Formation as the seconds count down and as the final gun sounds, she has to scream J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS to your pounding cadence.

_

18. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Considering they lost to Jacksonville, were a miracle punt return from losing to the Redskins and got annihilated by the Bills at home, I highly doubt that.

I don't buy into this talk of talent at all. They have some nice pieces, but the talent discrepancy between there roster a team like Denver, Seattle, Buffalo, Arizona, is miles apart. Aside from Suh, Wake and Grimes, the team is filled with a bunch of JAGs. The line sucks, the safeties suck, the linebackers are crap, no running game, a bunch of young receivers, a .500 quarterback. Where is all this talent you speak of? And you forgot the most important part, coaching. That staff is atrocious. They spend more time at the beach than the film room.

The fish will be lucky to win a game in this division.

Freddy Mondo and TonyMaC like this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I have a strict alcohol policy. No alcohol before noon. This is the only time in my life I will have a hard time to keep the same principle.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Freaking Muslims.

You're not in Mecca, you're in Murica.

Over here, as long as it's noon anywhere in the world you can drink.

Don't be a pussy.

_

NY Jets68 and Freddy Mondo like this.