Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Post of the year

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Post for Smith Fans, anyway. Jet fans not so much.

3. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

For real!!

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

According to the NFL, 73% of "away" teams have won the games at Wembley Stadium. I guess losing a home game doesn't bode well for a team.

5. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I'm excited to Mauldin back on the field. He was looking good week 1 before the concussion . He has a knack getting into plays and provides much needed speed and agility which we are severely lacking at OLB.

What types of packages can we expect to see him in. Does he replace Pace on 2nd or 3rd and long ? What about dime and nickel packages ?

6. Big Cat

I really hope Decker plays on Sunday just so Brent Grimes has to go 1 on 1 with Brandon Marshall. For whatever ludicrous reason, every Dolphins' writer, analyst and fan on Twitter I've seen has this utterly ridiculous notion that Grimes can shadow Marshall and take him out of the game. As if he's in the same class as Vonte Davis or Joe Haden, whom Marshall beat consistently. Or as if Grimes didn't help give up over 200 yards to Eric Decker in last year's season finale. The Eagles were fucking triple teaming him and he put up over 100 yards with a touchdown. I really want to see him prove that arrogance wrong. And from a couple quotes I've seen, he's really eager to make up for the lateral on Sunday. Hope it's a field day.

TonyMaC likes this.
  7. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Grimes is very good, but he's not going to erase any good receiver from the game. Will he make good plays? Yes. Will he be perfect? No.

8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I'll admit I don't know much about Grimes, but he looked really bad in that season finale last year. Was he playing hurt?

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Luckily for Miami, they suck against the Jets at home lately. So playing in London actually benefits them in a crazy way.

TonyMaC and Big Cat like this.
  10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

it had to be miamiā€¦

I was really looking forward to Geno having another career day at his hometown.;)

JetLifeLo and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. TonyMaC

Grimes and their other CB McCain aint shit as a tandem.

we've major advantages on the outside on both sides of the ball. B-marsh and Decker are gonna have a field day. start 'em on your fantasy rosters owners.

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

To everyone's dismay, Cumberland has been ruled out of the game with a concussion and is not making the trip.

13. Big Cat

Wow, anyone see the Dolphins forum that's linked on our homepage? I've never seen a fan base so demoralized after 3 games. Hopefully the players are the same way. They're surely not responding to their coach anymore...

https://vine.co/v/eQJdxTYnE2t

14. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

I thought Finnegan was on Decker that game? Regardless, Grimes is not going to shut down Marshall by himself.

15. keypusher

keypusher Member

Fins have looked unbelievably bad so far. I haven't seen the Jets, but obviously they've played better than Miami overall in the first three games.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any word on Ivory? It would not shock me if he sat one more week just to get him 100% after the bye week.

17. JetLifeLo

I've heard Ivory is probable, limited practice today.. Decker sat out... game time decision.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All I know is, if I'm waking up at the crack of dawn on Sunday (and yes, 8:30 is the crack of dawn on Sunday) to watch a Jets game on another continent, they better fucking win.

tubby, Dom, NoodleArm and 4 others like this.
  19. JetLifeLo

I think Ivory and Decker play.. we ball out.. and realize most people were overreacting over a damn loss. Newsflash... we're gonna lose more games. Believe that.

20. TonyMaC

Its kind of panicking over what was thought of as an easy win, some of our flaws were exposed and many are reluctant to put their faith in beating another supposedly easy opponent again.

I think its an overreaction as well, we still have an elite secondary and D-line and haven't let an offense trounce us yet. and as I've said before we've got a major mismatch going with our WR's vs their CB's.

I think we control this one from start to finish, miami's a tire fire in waiting.

JetLifeLo likes this.