All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Point to the stats where Geno outperformed Fitz.

Point to the facts.

Ok I'll do it.

Comp % Fitz 63.1 > Geno 59.7

YPG Fitz 207 > 180

TD Fitz 17 > Geno 13

INT Fitz 8 > Geno 13

YPA Fitz 8.0 > Geno 6.9

QB Rate Fitz 95.3 > Geno 77.5

Wins Fitz 6 > Geno 3

Losses Fitz 6 > Geno 10

Sacks Fitz 21 > Geno 28

Show me objective stats that shows Geno was even CLOSE to as good as Fitz.

Please. None of your bullshit about talent and teams and scheme and length of service.

LAST year Fitz was the superior QB to Geno by EVERY objective measure.

Prove me wrong.

_

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

JStokes is like a worse version of nyjunc lmao

RexontheBeach likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you're Nick Mangold or D'Brick you're probably just thinking "OMG a QB how did that happen?"

Going into 2015 the Jets had experienced subpar QB play, with a few scattered games of competent play, since December of 2011. That's going on 4 years now since the Jets could line up with some comfort level that the QB knew what he was doing and was fully capable of executing the game plan. That's longer than the average NFL career.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

You mean to imply that he's wrong?

5. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

I'm implying that he's an obnoxious asshat

6. Jets4eva9011

Even if he is or isn't, he's not wrong in this argument.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Please Fitz had one really good game against a shitty Tennessee team that we beat as well. That's where a good chunk of these stats you wanna use come in. Otherwise they're practically the same. And both only had a few games where they didn't throw ints. Don't be such a fucking idiot. Do some real research.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Except he's completely wrong. Fitz had one really good game against Tennessee. That's the only reason his numbers look so inflated. He also had the benefit of a 1200 yard runner and still didn't do too hot as a starter.

9. Jets4eva9011

Fitz also has an advantage between the ears.

That's something I'm not sure Geno has (even more so after the jaw incident and what led to it).

Overall, I'm not opposed to Geno going in if Fitz ends up crapping the bed in the future. I think we ultimately all want the best QB for this team.

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Well if you want to be fair and take away Fitzpatrick's best game then you should take away the game that Geno played against Miami. That game is just as much an outlier for Geno as the Tennessee game is for Fitzgerald.

Also, whatever you think about the QB rating system, an 18 point difference is not insignificant.

11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If you look at rushing stats from 2014 you will see that the Jets gained about .6 YPC more than the Texans last year. Now I would hazard to guess that part of that difference was due to the average YPC of the quarterbacks. However, I would say that the Jets running game was at least as strong as the Texans running game last year.

12. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Below are the stats if you take away the Tennessee game from Fitz and the Miami game from Geno.

Fitz: 173 completions out of 279 attempts for 2125 yards, 11 TDs, and 8 interceptions. The completion percentage was 62%.

Geno: 199 completions out of 342 attempts for 2167 yards, 10 TDs, and 13 interceptions. The completion percentage was 58.2%.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was, no doubt. As much as we love ivory, teams don't scheme to stop him like they do a Foster. Even if they did, we had nobody to make them pay. We were signing guys of the street. The situation want good here.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well it could be worse, we're arguing about our qb..... We could be Philly, they're really bad. The fans are really going off.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I'm not taking any game away. I am saying his numbers are a little inflated by one game and don't portray a true level of his consistency.

16. Br4d

What do Geno's numbers look like if you remove the Falcons game in 2013 and the Fins game last December?

10 TD's and 21 Int's in 2013
    10 TD's and 13 Int's in 2014

I wouldn't be making 1 game wonder arguments about Geno's competition.

jaywayne12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Wtf are you talking about? Not once did I say take anything away. I pointed or how one came inflated Fitz stats and made him look better than he was playing all season. And BTW he promptly followed that up with a dud against Jax, so stop.

18. Br4d

Right, but if you take away the big game last year Fitz looked like a competent journeyman. Nothing special that you'd go out of your way to put on the field but capable of managing the game.

With the exception of a half dozen games or so in his 30 game career Geno has just looked like a mess and every snap has been a mistake in the making. That's just what it is.

If the Jets had a good QB on the bench and were playing Fitzpatrick instead of him your general position might make sense but given the realities it just doesn't.

I'll root for Geno if he hits the field because all Jets fans should be rooting for the QB on the field. I won't be looking forward to that though. A couple of games against deflated teams is all he really has to show for his career at this point and that's not good enough for me to want him on the field. When you've watched 40+ years of Jets football you won't be rooting for the Jets to give people 3rd chances either.

jdon likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

See here's my problem. Instead of jusy acknowledging where he falls short, you go well Geno is a mess. No they're both hot messes.

Fitzpatrick doesn't approach the game with that mindset. That's why he throws so many picks.

Like I said I also am rooting for whoever is on the field. I'd love to be wrong about Fitzpatrick because that means a deep playoff run

20. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Dude...

Geno is ass; Fitz is less ass.

End of story.

TwoHeadedMonster and Jets69 like this.