All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But we don't know that he can't ever develop in to a starting QB, that's just your conjecture. By the way Geno was outplaying Fitzpatrick in camp.

2. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

See, theres a big difference between giving the more talented qb a shot (a shot that hes never before had, with a great support cast) and turning the team over to him.
    As i said, fitz will be rite there, doing his job, as a backup, ready to back up any problem.

You know, geno actually had a handful of fourth quarter comebacks as a rookie, made some great throws, playing with scrubs, throws that fitz can not make.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The unfortunate part is the havoc he will wreck will be against our Jets.

4. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Having a very average QB in Fitz is great as Jets fans, for now. But, someone made this point earlier, once teams get more film of our offense under Fitz, they'll be able to force Fitz into trying to do things he's incapable of, which brings in the mistakes and losses. I've heard from fans of teams that had Fitz as their Qb that this happens.

I don't know how we would've done with Geno. Im sure he would've made some dumb deacons that could've swayed the games a different direction. But I also think he could've made some of the throw Fitz tried at but couldn't. Its a double edged sword.

I am remaining very optimistic for now though after starting 2-0. Keep the wins coming!

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

peyton manning also had tons of great games. geno sucks on a weekly basis which is why he will never start again in this league

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sure he will. His contract says he won't be cut so barring injury to Fitz, he may not start another game for the Jets in 2015. That doesn't mean he won't start another game as there are plenty teams out there that could use a marginal Qb. There's the team up in Buffalo comes to mind. They already have the bestest ______ in the NFL.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick has had his ups and downs in terms of support and lack thereof from his teammates. I don't think he's played on a team with this good of a D, though. And while very Qb would prefer to play with a good D than a bad one, the argument can be made that Fitz is particularly well suited. Why? Because he can run the O efficiently and not have to pick up lots of yardage and points without turning it over. He can avoid having the O lose games and not have to have the O come back from two scores down laete in the game.

Chad Pennington had a lot of fans here. But he could never get enough O going to win games if the Jets were down by two scores with 20 miuntes or less remaining. Two things on that - I think Fitzpatrick has a better arm than Chad, and also a better D.

8. Big Blocker

I am talking odds. you are talking a fantasy that concededly is not impossible. Go ahead and make the case, or try to, that Smith would succeeed if given the chance. Not might. Would. As in would be likely to.

Camp is not the regular sesason, and turns out Fitzpatrick was still recovering from his broken leg. He looks healthy now, and Smith has NEVER played two games in a row as well as him.

Next!

9. jerseyjay14

because geno isnt playing. when you have the worst qb in football you will never be a good team

10. Big Blocker

You sound like a Smith Fan, not a Jet fan.

As a newbie you probably think you are making great points no one has ever heard of before.

You would be wrong about that, just as you are wrong to love a loser like Smith.

FlaJet likes this.
  11. jerseyjay14

we are easily 0-2 if geno plays. we'd have turned it over a ton giving the colts easy chances to score. and the browns would have rolled us with geno again turning it over. we won both games because we won the turnover battle by huge margins. that doesnt happen with geno in.

geno has extremely low potential. he is one of the worst qbs in football and he doesnt nothing well. geno should not play again for this team

12. jerseyjay14

if geno comes back and bowles plays him he needs to be fired on the spot.

luckily he isnt that dumb

13. jerseyjay14

no we score less, and they score more because of geno pick 6's and brutal turnovers

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

There's some things that I don't think Geno would have saw and read. For example there was and is comraderie with Fitz and Decker/Marshall...when Fitz saw Marshall had 1 on 1 on that TD, Fitz made the check to him that he's coming that way with the ball...that's THINKING...

Also there was another play where Davis dropped back playing basically a cover 2 look...Marshall found the soft spot in the zone, Fitz hit him perfectly and Marshall got 44 yards out of it.

Colts kept showing the same look, and with Decker in the slot, he kept winning those battles, right in his hands. I love how the offense spreads out and finds weak spots out there. Things will be better once Smith and Owusu establish themselves as deep threats.

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

You said it..
    [​IMG]

rammagen likes this.
  16. jerseyjay14

no team in the nfl can use him. every nfl starter is better as are most backups and even some third string qbs. he wont be in football in a couple years, because teams dont value QBs who are horrible at playing quarterback.

17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If the Seahawks beat the Colts 20-7, everyone would be singing their praises. But it's the Jets, so we all know how that rodeo goes.

So far Fitz has a 94.3 passer rating and 63% completion. 4 TDs, 2 INTS. It's not great, but it's good enough to get the job done and is night and day compared to Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez. I'll sign up for 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio any day. He hasn't looked good on the deep shots, but everything else I can't really complain about.

#317 Sam Hammer, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    rammagen likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2nd round picks kind of get what they're given at the start and not a lot more than that. The Chargers were ready to give up on Drew Brees after his first two seasons and drafted a #1 QB to replace him. It's just the way the business works.

If the Jets are successful with Fitzpatrick this season they may draft a QB #1 next season anyway if somebody they like is sitting on their mid to late 1st round pick.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Was he , Fitz was not ready and Geno was getting the bulk of work since
    yes usually to the other team... or are you one
    really, read the NYPOST art today that said that a Team exec said the team is better off without that loser... and I agree 100%. him and Ryan L are two peas on a pod...both have "potential" and both suck...

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Second round Quarterbacks are like fat chicks. Most of them don't work out

Big Blocker likes this.