All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A win is a win is a win

Slow and steady with Fitz Bowles Gailey

Keep it going guys ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ajax likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

fitz is what he is. a competent hold the fort guy until hopefully a true franchise qb rises from the ashes.

there's no point in messing with geno if we're winning with fitz being fitz.

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yeah i agree...

i dont even mind the long bombs when they come off play action or when its there. but the forced ones from 5 wide are just ill advised.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We should never accept anything less than excellence.

Unfortunately that's the reality of the hand we've been dealt.

_

Revis Now Redux likes this.
  5. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily Fitz's fault but when you have Brandon Marshall, a grown ass man, and Eric Decker who slaughtered his coverage all game, watching the Jets struggle to run the ball meanwhile the Colts have pedestrians at CB, it's an issue. When the Colts scored that TD, it was obvious our defense was gassed. We needed more out of our offense, we needed some aggression. Marshall could have beaten that CB on a slant 10 times out of 10. Not Fitz fault like I said, more of Chan.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

All I've been saying is I wanted a QB that can be adequate, who is smart, and can the intermediary throws and once in a while go deep. He doesnt need to be elite, but just manage our offense is a efficient manner.

Always have been happy with the acquisition of Fitzy. He commands the offense really well and manages the calls smoothly...Sure he misses reads where guys are open and can take risks but he is not QB built with turnoveritis in his system.

Lead the way Fitzy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I will admit if Fitz keeps playing like this Geno needs and will stay on bench.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We haven't had an average QB here for awhile. And we suffered. We have one now and hey, so far so good.

Crazy that where just happy to have just an average qb but that just tells you how bad our qb play has been the last several years.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You of all people should know the answer to that. My problem is simple. He left atleast 21 more points on the field. I said this last week too. They couldnt stop us last week or this week and we only put 20 on a really bad colts defense who corners we no match for out WR. A lot of that was on Fitz. His inability to deliver the ball with authority will be an issue. There is a reason he hasnt been on any roster for an true extended period of time.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mr. Harvard beats mr. Yale (Varga) and mr Stanford (Bad Luck)

Lovin it!

fitz is your daddy!

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Bowles said in his presser that they wanted to stick with the run because it would have made it too easy for the Colts to cover. I guess he meant he didnt want to become one-dimensional. Thats the reason we ran when maybe pass plays would have worked better.

13. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Come on J he shouldn't had thrown that ball. He did throw it into double coverage.

14. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

When the colts got their td and we only led by 3 everyone on this board was thinking ffs here we go again. But Fitz took us down the field and delivered a td which took every last bit of steam out of the colts. Stats yards etc are one thing but when we needed a score, when the pressure was on Fitz delivered the td that killed the game. That's what I want from my qb, do what's needed at key points in the game to deliver a win.

GreenfiendNYJ, ajax, FJF and 9 others like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Just tell him to stop trying to get the ball down field. He forces it. Keep the ball in the 1-25 range and he's golden. Anything deeper down the field is a pretty bad throw. With this defense and hopefully a picked up running game next week, that's all we need.

Geno would've been eating sacks all night. Regardless there should be no complaints. We shut out Andrew Luck for 50 out of the 60 minutes tonight. Some fans have no sense of excitement towards anything because they're programmed to hate this team win or lose.

I just can't believe that team reached on a mid second round receiver in the first round with that revolving door of an offensive line and piss poor defense and then go out and resign T.Y. Hilton and sign Andre Johnson.

Indy is a mess of a franchise that lucked their way to the two best quarterback prospects of all time. If I'm Andrew Luck I reconsider staying they're if they don't reconfigure their front office.

ajax, All Gas No Shake and 74 like this.
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I agree with Bowles...if it was even remotely working. Our defense was INSANE and our offense gave them 10 points. You can't do that.

18. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

y'all are crazy.

nice win. good qb play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ok my answer is we should have drafted Teddy or Carr or lost 2 more games last year and drafted Marcus.

None of that happened so we are stuck with what we have.

I'll take 65%, 250 and 2 TDs to 1 INT. Notwithstanding the throws he missed. Or the throws that were dropped. or tye crap running game.

_

NYJetsO12, FlaJet and NCJetsfan like this.