Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

It funny how you think you know what really happen.

2. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Actually Jstokes presented a perfectly valid logical argument. Here goes.

Geno is a Jet who did something stupid.

When a Jets player does something stupid the Jets will feel a need to protect the player.

Geno is being protected by the Jets

Here is the equation:
    A+B
    B+C leading to conclusion
    A+C

-------
    That is perfect unassailable logic. However, the facts supporting it my be wrong and THIS is where your argument rests. So it isn't that his argument isn't logical at all, it is that the facts, in your opinion, do not support the logic. This might be true. However, the logic is sound.

BTW, the above is a common logical algorithm (and my favorite example):
    Socrates is a cow
    all cows are purple
    Socrates is purple

Again, perfectly unassailable logic. But the FACTS supporting the argument are wrong.

Anyway, sorry for the lecture. I just get miffed when people haul out logic when they mean facts and the two things are virtually unrelated as you can see. Please continue tearing each other to pieces now and someone pass the popcorn.....

EDIT: refined my points...

#282 Aewhistory, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    FlaJet likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Funny how you think you know the English language.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Nope. Not in this case. The current Jets GM/Coach tandem have no attachment to Geno because they didn't draft him, and as a result, aren't on the hook for his ultimate failure with the Jets. He is wildly unpopular and widely perceived to be a frustrating dissapointment on the field and somewhat immature off the field, both by the Jets fanbase as well as the collective national sports media. The Jets would take very little criticism for dumping him. As I wrote earlier, they would probably be commended for such a decision (this was partially confirmed when a lot of people flat out said that the Jets were better off after Geno got his jaw broken). It would be a perfect opportunity to be praised for getting rid of a particularly disliked underachiever, while acting decisively to rid the locker room of a derisive element and move the organization as a whole further away from the "circus atmosphere" condoned by Rex Ryan. At least, that's how the spin would likely go . . .

FYI, teams discipline their players for doing stupid things all the time. Especially teams with no nonsense coaches like Bowles. I think the fact that Geno wasn't so much as fined speaks volumes as to who the organization felt was the troublemaker. BTW, MM basically said this in the interview he did with Francessa. I don't buy that the new Jets management (Bowles/MM) would bend over backwards for Geno, when they didn't even bring him here in the first place.

#284 slimjasi, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  5. Geno007

No it funny how people like you make shit up. Oh yeah Revis was there and saw what happen. Dude your a joke that why 99% of the time I ignore you. Go back to making shit up.

6. Geno007

No it funny how people like you make shit up. Oh yeah Revis was there and saw what happen. Dude your a joke that why 99% of the time I ignore you. Go back to making shit up.

7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Geno's play and decisions have brought him to this point...... If Fitz has 2-3 more games like his first game then Geno isn't coming back in anyway so who really cares if he's pissed? Tell him to change his diaper and move on......

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If you really have to defend Geno like THAT bad, consider this question:

Did ANY QB ever get his face wrecked by his teammate for 1. flipping the bird in his face 2. talking shit and 3. being a total douchebag?

The ONLY one I can think of, off my head now, is Geno. I have never seen any other QB going through this level of stupidity. And I am supposed to believe this dude is a born leader? Like... HAHAHAHA.

I mean - not just this, but if I may, I've still yet to see a fucking SQUAD LEADER that get his face wrecked by his squad member, let alone anyone else higher in the chain of command. Of course now there is this rank thing getting involved in there, but the theme is still the same; you just do not punch the face of your leader. Okay? Get that idea into your thick skull somehow - then all of a sudden, new realization might dawn on you.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think there's one thing we can all agree on. That is, Geno doesn't have a lot of friends OR fans around these parts. He's got one really long road back to redemption from 2 years of sketchy play and now this last episode. It may be best for him just to start over somewhere else although it still might not be with a clean slate.

Good Luck Geno... You're gonna need it.

Brook! and LAJet like this.
  10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lolwut? If they were going to protect a player that did something stupid they would have kept IK, and they didn't do a particularly great job 'protecting' Geno until their deafening silence became a distraction itself. I'm not saying Geno deserved to be protected mind you, but while the guy's still on the team you'd think there would have been more of a circle the wagons mentality in the meantime.

FlaJet likes this.
  11. Geno007

If he goes on another team and turns out to be a good QB and a starter all u people will cry saying we should had keep him. I know I know that not going happen so you Geno haters say.

12. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Not really. Don't want a a Geno type to be just a good QB. He carries too much luggage. Now if he was to become a great QB than yes. Can U imagine if Simms became a good qb?? No? IMO They equal out. (Geno being great = Simms being good).

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Two months ago I would have said Fitz ain't the answer. He's old and he's never delivered.

But going 20 years without paying a franchise QB $20M/yr has let us build a team with a top defense, top running game, and now, some really good WRs. I wonder if Fitz has EVER played a season on a team set up like the Jets are now. Can he be 'above average' not having to do it all? Will a top running game and top defense take the pressure off him so he can relax and play his best games?

Fitz will never be a 400yrd/game passer, but point is on this team he doesn't have to be.

Plus his 'advanced age' of 31 is not really that bad compared to QBs like Brady and Manning who are pushing 40.

If Bowles and the Jets continue to field a good team top to bottom then Fitz may play well here for 4-5 more years.

Geno may be done as a Jet.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Every time I see this thread I hope the Jets re-sign IK so he can light up Geno again. Pussy QB with mental issues.

june19 and Brook! like this.
  15. Geno007

Shit like this makes people wonder are you really a Jets fan.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't hate Geno. I don't like Geno either. He's the Qb of the NYJ's that has shown mere flashes of consistency between mounds of ineptitude. I've seen my share of shit Jet QB's and Geno ranks right up there so no, I'm not a Geno fan. If he's in the game, then yes, I'm a Geno fan. When he fucks up, I will boo him. If he does well, Great and I will cheer him. No one guy is bigger than the team and that includes your hero. If Geno does leave the Jets and becomes the second coming of Steve Young, he will be the first ex-Jet Qb ever to do so.

#296 Cman68, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    FlaJet likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yea I'm a jets fan, not a geno fan. he blows at football and makes it hard for the jets to win, therefore I hope we never have to watch him take another snap for the jets.

you on the other hand seem to be more of a geno fan than a jets fan.

june19, FlaJet and Big Blocker like this.
  18. Geno007

I agree with no one bigger then the team. Here what I don't get? I have read on here a few times from a few different people." Maybe Fitz can get it done with the offensive weapons we now have." In all fairness Geno hasn't had much to work with wideouts wise until this season wouldn't it only be fair to see what he can do with Marshall and company? This is the first time since Keyshwn we have a true #1 wr IMO.

19. Geno007

Oh really? Even after I have said time and time again if we are winning and Fitz is playing good Geno should stay on the bench. That sounds like a Geno fan first to me. I guess I'm also more of a Geno fan because I think it wrong to hope or want a man to get hurt or a player on Jets get "light up again".

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Your handle is Geno007. Geno blows. Why would you want a shitty Jets player as your handle? The only good reason I can think of is that you're a fan of his for whatever foolish reason.

I've never read a post of yours stating Geno should stay on the bench. Probably because I have you on ignore and the only time I see your posts are when I use tapatalk. Even then, I try to manually ignore because I know the content isn't worth reading.