Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Like I have said I don't know how many times I said this. Yes I'm a Geno fan but I'm a Jet fan first. His Geno look bad over his 2 seasons? Yes but he also showed flashes he can be a good QB. Plus you don't give up on a QB after 2 season. Also he got some wideouts to work with this season. I have also said if Geno doesn't prove himself this season he needs to go. I'm all about Jets winning not a single person.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

WOW, how pages is this thread going to evolve into?
    Geno should be angry, but he has to only look in the mirror for the cause of where he's at now, losing a job which he NEVER should've had to begin with.

But one thing ill always be grateful for was Genos dogshit performance's cause Rexs demise

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Then why haven't we heard the slightest indication, from ANYONE in that lockertoom, that geno was indeed responsible.

Doesn't it make more sense to just assume that the firsthand accounts we have heard are basically true - that geno got sucker-punched (don't get mad stokes) by a hothead?

I just think you geno-haters are reaching.

4. Geno007

The NY media never let anything go. Unless it something good.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm happy. My Jets are 1-0 and I'm not naive enough to be twisting myself into an illogical pretzel trying to defend he indefensible.

_

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

FIXED

7. JStokes

I thing you Genofans are just being naive.

We heard one his best friend on the team defend him--AFTER the gag order was put in place- but we've heard stories about what a dick Geno was and about tweets and texts from Jet teammates to IK showing support.

You believe the corporate bullspeak.

I'll believe my intuition.

_

8. Geno007

They are reaching.

9. slimjasi

What you are arguing makes no sense. Protecting the reputation of the organziation would be taking the perfect opportunity to get rid of a player who was already wildly unpopular under the guise of "we don't tolerate this kind of stuff."

This is ESPECIALLY true in this case because this GM/coach didn't draft him, and as a result, don't have to eat the crow associated with him being a failure.

#209 slimjasi, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  10. Geno007

Best friend or not I'm going on somebody word who was there when it happen. One guy on here going off what Revis said because he was there. I don't know maybe I missed something but when I saw Revis talk about it he said he wasn't there.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I think the essential thing is to ask is why he felt the need to bring this up now.... especially after team management placed a gag on comments and is trying to put it behind them. Yet again Mr. Smith in his infinite wisdom shows/displays his poor judgement for the world - esp. NY media - to see.

IMHO just another reason why he should be off the team at some point... he lacks maturity and his decision making on and off the field is poor.

12. JStokes

Wow.

Missing the whole forest here with a persecution complex over Geno.

Well done.

_

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Maybe true but most of us would be rooting for the Jets to win in spite of Geno being the QB. If he however excelled he would turn the boos into cheers. But I wouldn't bet on it. (him playing well enough)

14. Geno007

Don't forget about your Mets.

15. slimjasi

Again, logic just doesn't support your theory. They would be heroes in the eyes of jets fans and the sports media for getting rid of a widely perceived bust who instigated a fight. They would be commended for not putting up with nonsense, for further removing themselves from the Rex Ryan "circus" that they inherited, etc.

Again, you geno-bashers are reaching.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think that there might be even more Geno hate than there was for Sanchez near the end. Geno is fast approaching WFH levels of hate with this fanbase.

Its not too late for Geno to turn this around however, he doesn't have forever as now he has to win back the team and the fanbase. Tall order for a guy with a sketchy NFL resume so far.

17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Also true that most of them don't see the 3rd or 4th season with the team.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You might want to hold that thought until after we have played him twice this year.

19. slimjasi

Nice comeback, but not much in the way of a substantive retort . . .

20. JStokes

So I'm guessing you believe someone made up the finger in the face thing? Made up the "you ain't going to do shit about it" comment? Made up the whole thing?

That Geno was just sitting innocently on the stool at his locker and IK flew in from left field and sucker punched him?

That's what you actually believe?

Do you also believe that guy was called "the Deflator" because he was losing weight?

You're a Geno fan and you can defend him all you want.

Please don't be a child and try to pass off that Geno was some little innocent bystander.

We are not children.

We are men.

Naivette does not become us.

_