Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Neither do I, but that doesn't make what happened to him right. I just think some of the geno-hatred has reached the state of lunacy.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What's that old saying: If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging...

If after all this time Geno is still doing a hot burn, he had better grow up and learn how to deal with adversity. I think this is more about Geno's pride than anything else. Bowles wanted this kept to a minimum and Geno needs to comply. Expressing his anger publically does nothing but keeps the incident fresh in everyone's mind. That's the last thing Geno or the Jets need.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

One thing I want to be clear about: I'm not rooting for anybody to fail-- Jet or otherwise. But I don't get behind the "Support everyone on your team 100% at all times under all circumstances. I happen to find that idea more than a little un-American, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think it's in any way antithetical to "Fandom" to want your team to succeed by hoping they recognize that the guy they're starting at QB certainly has no business starting at QB, and thus moving on.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Here is something to ponder..the Jets may think smith was 100% responsible for what happened but because he would have cost them money both in cap space and real dollars to cut him while it didn't cost a penny to cut ik they took the easy way out knowing one of them had to go. What his role is when he does get back will speak volumes as to how they really feel.

Cman68 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol "all the evidence".

You're way too angry today.

Naïveté does that to some folks.

_

6. JStokes

What about the naive folks slurping up all the bs being fed to the fanbase by an organization trying to bury a story and put a fire out?

_

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

See, you're missing two points--

1) I'm not going after a poster, I'm going after the IDEA that being a good fan means 100% support of all that team's players in 100% of all circumstances.
    2) You jump straight from "I wanted him to be an All Pro" to "Once he was released, fuck him"-- I want to know if a true fan was supposed to support him 100% of the time during the very specific period between throwing that punch and the time he was released. Are we supposed to pick one, Geno or IK, and support them 100%, and tell the other one to fuck off, are we supposed to split our support 50%-50%? Are we supposed to support them both 100%? Or support neither of them until the Front Office makes a move, then go back to 100% on whoever remains on the island?

And yes, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and thanks for sharing it. I'm glad there are people on here who don't agree with each other and don't agree with me-- otherwise this would be a very boring place.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

Naive folks can eat shit and die.

Can't be nice to everybody, now can we?

9. JStokes

Yeah but what if the evidence is a MOUNTAIN of evidence that the naive want to believe.

Even though it's widely acknowledged as bullshit.

Surely we can take pity and be nice to them, no?

Nah fuck em.

_

10. Cman68

What is best in life??

#170 Cman68, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think a solid performance from Fitz on Monday will put my "Year Of The Geno" in a coffin....bitter sweet.

Whatever.

Broadway Bryce got next regardless.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Demanding a response from an idea is unlikely to get you a response.

So you are asking whether I supported IK in that 10-30 minute window between when he punched Geno and when he was released, even though nothing had been made public, an investigation into what happened was ongoing, and I was oblivious because I was working on some stupid To/From memo at my desk? Dude. The first I heard about it, IK had been released by the team. The team determined that he should go. Once IK was released, I supported the decision, and could care less what happens to him.

To summarize, I support Jets and I don't support non-Jets.

If the team had determined that it was Geno's fault and released him, I would be saying "Fuck Geno". But that's not what happened, and the people playing amateur GM and claiming it's all Geno's fault are just spewing BS and helping to tear down the team IMO.

13. Cman68

You may have just coined the next great Jet QB nickname there.. :)

JetLifeLo likes this.
  14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Maybe he just forgot about it.

15. Cman68

I think that's called: Damnesia

16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

When and if they do cross paths again and let say then get into it again. I mean words being exchange and if Geno walked away everybody would call him a punk and so on. Now if Geno had 2 great season people would be saying that Geno did the right thing by walking away. When most people don't like someone they find a reason to knock him.

17. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I think you need to go back and read what Revis said. He never said he was there in fact he said he wasn't there.

18. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Wish I could like your post like ten times. Seriously, any adult would realize that, while laying hands on someone is a no-no, Geno did quite a bit to help lubricate that situation along to ensure the upper and lower parts of his head were no longer a matching set.

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I think he gives us the best chance to win. Fitzpatrick sucks. Well, Geno sucks too, but less.

We'll see. Still think Geno finishes out the season.

20. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Of COURSE he is hungry! His jaw is all fucked up. Dude is probably starving by now......

TwoHeadedMonster and slimjasi like this.