Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have to know-- In the brief time between IK delivering the fateful blow, and him being kicked to the curb-- did you support IK 100% and hope that he played well because he was a Jet? Or did you think we needed to get him off our team ASAP?
    Just curious, because a lot of us think we need to boot Geno off our team ASAP, and you seem to think that means we aren't real fans. As such, I'd really like to know how you felt about IK while he was still a Jet, but one who punched that Geno character.

No judgments--I just want to know.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Dude, you want to defend Geno, have at it.

All I said that got your panties in a twist was that it was nonsense to think Geno was "sucker punched" based upon what Bowles said. I called such an assertion nonsense. And nothing that was said by the organization or done by the organization since then makes that any more apparent.

Nothing more, nothing less. Never claimed it was deserved or warranted or any of that.

Take issue with it all you want--defend Geno all you want, use your own definition of what "sucker punch" means all you want (even though you are patently wrong).

All I said was just stop with the nonsense that he was "sucker punched" because that's what Bowles said--because that's NOT what he said.

_

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Don't see how Geno starts again, really. As long as Fitz keeps us in the games, there is no reason to move him. And what clear advantage does starting Geno over Fitz give the Jets at this point? He's not a game changer. Geno's chance went with his jaw bone.

PulseJet likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Geno will finally get what he should have gotten initially. That is, time on the bench to study the game and absorb knowledge from Fitz and Gailey. I'm convinced if Geno had not immediately started, his career would be quite different today. That was a huge mistake from the prior FO/CS. May have ruined the kid permanently.

5. pdxdrew

We didn't have that luxury once Sancho went down. And I don't see how that argument flies any more. Maybe in a perfect world you could give a QB a couple years to adjust. But in the modern day NFL coaching staffs don't have the time or the player depth to do that. Geno got as good a chance as he was going to get with the Jets. He wasn't replacing Brett Favre after three years riding the bench.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

What are you babbling about? Why are you so obsessed with the semantics pertaining to the meaning of the phrase "sucker punch?"

And again, all I have pointed out since is that the Jets have made it very clear who they felt was at fault. I'm still not sure why you have such a hard-on for the "Sucker-punch" phrase within the context of the statement Bowles made . . . It really isn't all that relevant.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I can answer because I feel the same way as the poster you're going after. Until that moment when IK broke his teammate's jaw and was released, I supported him and wanted him to play well. I wanted him to be the outside pass rusher we've lacked. I wanted him to inflict extreme prejudicial violence upon Tom Brady. I wanted him to be an All Pro. Once he was released, fuck him. He's no longer a Jet and I stand behind the FO's decision to release him.

I'll feel the same way when/if the FO releases Geno. Until that time, I want Geno to succeed because he is a Jet and I am a Jets fan. I leave the player evaluation, coaching, and Xs and Os to the guys who are getting paid to do it. I have little patience for "fans" who trash our current players because I don't think they are supporting their team and believe that negative, losing, "we suck" attitude is a root cause of our losing history. They are entitled to their opinion, and no matter how loudly they yell, I am entitled to mine, so I usually just ignore them.

8. Cman68

Kinda depends on the quality of the rookie doesn't it...? For the very same reason we're not letting Petty on the field sans emergency. Geno had his baptism by fire true and after two years, he really hasn't shown "elite" talent. His best game as a pro was against a Dolphin team that had nothing but pride to play for.

I think Geno is a bit of an enigma as he's looked capable and he's looked pathetic. You never know which Geno you're getting on any given Sunday. This would have been his year to prove his backers right but that didn't pan out. Maybe Gailey can get more out of him than MM could.

Would be crazy if $600 prevented Geno from having his breakout year.

9. JStokes

Go back and read your original retort and don't get your panties bunched up when you spew nonsense.

_

10. pdxdrew

Yeah. It would be really stupid if GENO screwed himself out of a 10 year career in the NFL. But you can't make an insurance claim on being a cheap bastard.....

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can support him too, as the 3rd string emergency QB, after all we need one. However I never want to see him starting another game as long as he is here, two years of watching his ineptness is enough.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. slimjasi

Go back and read why I think Geno very likely was "sucker-punched," and try and get over this strange obsession you seem to have over the phrase "sucker punch"

The only nonsense in this thread is coming from people who are baselessly and mindlessly bashing a player they don't like for getting his jaw broken.

13. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

he still doesnt get it, even after reflection he doesnt realize how immature he is. Not a leader, needs to go

Cman68 likes this.
  14. JStokes

Man you are angry today. As angry as Geno.

And all over the place.

Btw, I lied before, anyone who believes the "mountain" of evidence shoveled out by the team to put this fire out is, in fact, naive.

Carry on.

_

15. Cman68

No sir, the problem is he's still running his mouth about it. His "still being very angry" is just childish face saving. As if he really would like a rematch with IK. Geno should just concentrate on getting his job back and showing both the team and the fanbase why we drafted him in the first place.

Jets69 likes this.
  16. slimjasi

You don't seem to be claiming anything other than that "He (Smith) got cold-cocked, sucker punched, whatever you want to call it . . ." doesn't mean that he got sucker-punched. Ok . . . great contribution. And how about all of the evidence which suggests that he was sucker-punched?

Angry? I'm just enjoying pointing out the fallacies of those blindly following the Geno lynch mob.

I think anyone who doesn't acknowledge that the preponderance of known evidence clearly suggests that Geno was likely punched unexpectedly by a hothead, during the heat of a verbal altercation, (something I would personally call being "sucker-punched") is being intellectually dishonest.

If you want to continue to have a circle jerk about whether or not that actually constitutes being "sucker-punched"

. . . please . . .

carry on.

_

17. slimjasi

So, being "very angry" about having your jaw broken by a teammate is "childish" and may even imply that he wants a physical rematch?

I mean . . . Ok.

18. Cman68

Missed the point there Slim. He can still be very angry but he needs to keep that to himself. Anything like that said publicly could be construed as posturing. Geno just needs to drop the mic.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

People who are constantly trying to defend Geno have to understand one thing, the majority here and maybe the overwhelming majority don't want Geno as our QB ever again so we really don't care how he got his jaw broken or who was at fault, it's not important. What is important is that it gives Petty a lot of time to work with the 2s and possibly by the time Geno gets back Petty will have cemented his position as the backup.

20. slimjasi

Disagree completely. There is nothing wrong with admitting to being angry about being punched in the face. It would be disingenuous of him to deny such an obvious emotion.