Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Marshall who claimed he was there said Geno wasn't taunting him.

slimjasi likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Like I said, you're free to support Geno no matter what. I choose not to. Its really that simple, One day, the real story will come out and we'll all know for certain. Wanna bet Geno pays his debts going forward? Getting his jaw broke perhaps got thru to Him. If not, there will be other hard lessons in future.. Adios

FlaJet likes this.
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

1) No, for a working professional, it does NOT. Also, legally speaking, it most certainly does NOT.

2) More importantly, you are writing out of your ass. You weren't there. As a result of that verity, a statement like "Geno was being a giant scumbag and taunting the guy" has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I have it on iTunes so I can't give you a link right now but I'm sure it's also on their website. It's the latest episode (around the 6 minute mark) and Chad usually appears on that podcast every week. Here's his actual quote on whether he thinks Geno should compete for the starting job when 100% healthy: "I don't think so. I think Geno has a lot to work on, not only on the football field but on himself and continue to learn how to be a professional and handle his business."

This is about politically correct, blunt and honest as Chad gets. Especially on a podcast that is so biased.

5. slimjasi

Logic and evidence apparently have no ultimate significance when chastising an unpopular player on this message board.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to act like I know exactly what went on in that locker room. I know everyone else seems to know exactly what happened in there, but I'm going to defer from that for now. The amount of people talking like they know exactly what happened is ridiculous. It is all conjecture. We wont know what happened in there for a while.

Hopefully all of this anger fuels Geno to be better. Personally, I think Geno's only going to get an opportunity to start if Fitzpatrick gets hurt or implodes. I think Geno has more arm talent, but Fitzpatrick is a smarter football player. I'll take the smarts.

I understand the whole "lets see what we have in Geno," but never at the expense of winning games. Plus I think I've seen what we have in Geno. It doesnt seem like there is much there. If Fitzpatrick gets hurt, I hope I'm wrong and Geno proves he is great, but I'm not putting all my chips on that.

FlaJet and All Gas No Shake like this.
  7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa--can we stop with this nonsense?

That was half his quote.

He said "He got cold cocked, sucker punched whatever you want to call it, in the jaw."

He used both terms, some people think he was cold cocked and some think he was sucker punched.

Bowles didn't discern between the two, he just wanted to be done with it.

_

8. slimjasi

Whoa, whoa whoa - Can YOU stop with the nonsense?

The Jets as an organization have made it abundantly clear by every action they have taken and every statement that they have made on the subject that they didn't believe Geno deserved to be punched in the face. Several players, who were actually there, have explicitly reported the incident as nothing short of a physical attack. IK was immediately cut, while Geno hasn't been disciplined by the team in any discernible way. I'm not sure how much more decisive the Jets could have been in this situation.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I said awhile ago that people are just choosing the side they want to believe rather than just putting aside their personal feelings for the guy one way or the other. If Geno did get in IK's face and acted up then I can understand. But I can bet if Marshall had confirmed the reports of Geno putting fingers in IK's face, they'd be quoting that statement over and over. Since it doesn't fit the narrative then they act as if it was never said.

10. slimjasi

Bingo

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

brandon marshall is a punk with no credibility and a friend of genos. so i dont but any value in that

12. slimjasi

And you know this because . . . ?

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with the assertion that Bowles said he was "sucker punched"?

I didn't say anything about how the Jets organization feels about the incident.

If someone is debating that Geno was sucker punched rather than cold cocked, don't use half of Bowles quote as evidence while ignoring the second half.

It's nonsense.

Actually, if you just use the first half of Bowles quite, he was CLEARLY cold cocked.

See now?

_

ajax likes this.
  14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

15. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Of course you don't, because you enjoy talking out your ass. You believe what you believe and nothing is gonna change your mind, even going so far as to insult the newest Jet who played a huge role in Sunday's victory. But because his comments do not support your beliefs, you say he's a punk. The fact that you're saying this from the safety of your home on a message board, instead of saying this to Marshall's face, proves that the only punk here is you.

16. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Yes we will know for certain. And I'm certain you'll be proven wrong. And I'm certain you won't come on here and admit it.

17. slimjasi

To be honest, I wasn't even aware that was the full quote. Whether or not Bowles used "cold-cocked" or "sucker punched" or a combination thereof (and, to me, the fact that he bothered using the phrase "sucker punched" at all is extremely telling) isn't really the point.

The bottom line is that everyone who was there and who has bothered to speak on the subject has made it clear that Geno didn't deserve to get punched. The organization's subsequent statements and actions have supported that viewpoint to the fullest. To me, the actual nonsense is every other piece of meaningless (and in most cases, mindless) conjecture currently littering this thread.

JoeyStylez likes this.
  18. slimjasi

So, because Marshall once punted footballs in frustration during a Dolphins practice, he isn't capable of accurately reporting on whether or not Geno instigated a fight?

19. Cman68

Whatever.... Cya down the road JoeyStylez. Leave in peace. 312 posts in 12 years and you come in here talking shit? Really now...Just a bit Genoish don't you think?

20. Cman68

He might be a bit biased considering he was Geno's roommate all summer. Given his history with Qb's, I can see why Marshall may be trying to start a new chapter..