Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

That's a bullsh1t reply. Way to stick up for your team. Regardless of what Geno said or did he didn't deserve to be punched by some hothead who can't control his temper. As a so-called fan, when you start not defending a player simply because he's not an elite player, it's time for you to find another team. Unless someone commits a murder or child/wife abuse, you support your player and team 100%. Had your mate said that same comment to me, I guarantee there would've been a much different response...one he would not have liked.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Stop with the training camp nonsense...it is meaningless, the only that matters is how you play under fire and that is smith's big problem...he freezes under pressure, he starts staring down receivers, he totally tunes out the pressure coming at him and because of all that he fumbles or throws a pick more times than he should. It seems he just can't process the speed of the NFL fast enough. Training camp is just useless nonsense.

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

The facts are most QB's don't look good there first 2 years. So don't let facts of NFL history get in the way.

4. Geno007

Tell that to players who end up winning starting jobs because of meaningless training camp. No point in TC what so ever. Smh.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Geno's anger will only lead to another interception in practice and games.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The difference is one is geno and the narrative on geno has been set. As far as jet fans go, the narrative can't be changed and draft picks can't improve.

All Gas No Shake and The 1985er like this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They get them and lose them just as fast.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oh knock it off Homer... Wrong is wrong I don't care if its a Jet or anyone else. Geno had it coming by being too much of a diva to pay his debt and man up to being wrong. Jump in someone's face and usually, you're gonna get incoming. Geno brought all of this on himself and he got cracked. I don't consider my response as anything but honest.

Misguided loyalty serves no purpose. Your boy Geno needs to grow up PDQ if he's planning on a long NFL career. Now if you want to stick up for a deadbeat punk that can't pay his debts and barely plays his position, that's your business. I choose to support players of higher integrity and character.

Geno's lucky that IK only broke his jaw..Had it went 2 rounds, Geno would have gotten a lot more hurt than his pride.

Centiment and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's absoultely not conjecture. I didn't see or hear anyone defending Geno for days after it happened and I wasn't the only one that noticed cause the media started calling out the Jets too, then magically Marshall/Decker/etc marched out with hasty PR statements.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I heard the interview but I don't remember Chad saying those particular words, I think said something a little more couched like Geno shouldn't worry about being a starter right now because of the rest of that, which I do remember him saying. And I think he said Fitz should be the starter clearly.

It's on a iTunes podcast if anyone wants to listen to it, it's called Jets Audibles and it's at the back end of the 44-minute clip somewhere. Chad does a weekly show with Eric Allen.

ajax likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Thats exactly what I saw too. Utter silence until it was noticeable that NO ONE was supporting Geno by the media. Even then, Marshall came out mostly because he was Geno's roommate this summer. I also notice that Bowles clamped down on any and all statements shortly thereafter.

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Repeat after me Geno:
    "I just want to get healthy and prepare myself so when I am called upon to lead this offense I'll be ready to succeed and win us games."
    "I have nothing to say about what happened with IK. I am just focusing on getting healthy and getting ready"

Anything else he says to the media, other than a joke or a compliment about his coaches and or his teammates shows that he is impulsive and undisciplined. Its a negative mark for him at a time when he needs to do the right things. Fitz had a good week one. If he strings together several more good showings (whether the Jets win or lose) why would they give him the hook? Its not like Geno was a franchise QB and Fitz is an unknown quantity. Fitz executes. He is not a premier QB but he plays good enough for a strong Defensive team like the Jets to have success.

Geno is being stupid here.

Big Blocker and jxc like this.
  13. Geno007

I'll say this and then I'm done talking about this Geno/IK shit. None of us know what really happen. That is fact. Now let worry about week 2 not past shit.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You win the internets for the day.

This is exactly what he should have said.

_

jxc and PulseJet like this.
  15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Nah, you're lost here. Not one person who was there has so much as insinuated that Geno deserved to get punched in the face. But, regardless, even IF everything you wrote pertaining to the conflict is accurate (and again, we don't REALLY know for sure), none of that warrants a physical attack.

JoeyStylez likes this.
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Why thank you!

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Semantics. While I would certainly call that a "sucker punch," it's perfectly fine that you wouldn't.

Regardless, a physical attack wasn't warranted. Bowles called it a "sucker punch" and he was a lot closer to the situation than either of us. Several players (who were actually there) explicitly reported that the attack was completely unwarranted. IK was immediately cut, Geno wasn't even fined (or disciplined in any discernible way).

18. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Where you there? Do you know for a fact that things went down the way you describe? No? Then you don't know what you're talking about. You're making an assumption based on speculation and just running your mouth and talking sh1t. But hey who cares? It fits your narrative and that's all you care about. Yay, you support character. Well part of character is NOT sliming someone with unfounded accusations. Another part of character is not resorting violence. You and IK should both practice what you preach.

slimjasi likes this.
  19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"not looking good" and "looking terrible" are 2 very different things. and geno has looked terrible. which is why he wont ever start again and his career wont be very long.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

sure it does. geno was being a giant scumbag and taunting the guy. he got what he deserves.