Week 1 | Game Observations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Sep 13, 2015.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

agreed needs to be white pants.

i didn't think they could make the green pants possibly look worse......until yesterday
    it was terrible

it should be one green, like the color green used in the 60's..
    and grey facemasks..

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was like they have trouble laundering the uniforms. the greens were faded

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah, you see I'm okay with the darker green that Parcells brought in and I kind of like the green facemasks.

This tri-color drab shit is puke-worthy.

_

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Coworker had a good point this morning: Marshall's play yesterday was the kind of play that left you wishing you had a guy like that on your team.

For once we were on the receiving end of that sentiment.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

the green jerseys we sport aren't what we used in Parcells days tho.
    it's some really drab dark olive green jersey (with a bonus stomach sweat patch....wtf thx Nike for that one).
    the pants yesterday looked like split pea soup.

the tri color look might just be the worst 3 possible shades of green thrown together.
    getting back to one green should be the first objective, and my opinion, a lighter shade like the 60's would be secondary.

i still wear a throwback Curtis Martin, as i can't see buying one of these new Nike jerseys..
    when does their uniform contract end?

6. BacktoQueens

2 plays of the game:
    - knocking McCown out of game, while creating the red zone turnover (and getting ball at the 35yd line in process)
    - Marshall negating that INT, and turning it into a big gain instead

those two plays sealed the game.
    refreshing to cause those plays rather than receive them.

CleveSteve likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

I'm sorry but its really hard for me to say those plays "sealed the game" when the score of the football game AFTER both of those plays was still 7-0 Cleveland Browns.

I know what you are saying, and they were both big plays, but I think it diminishes what the Jets did on-the-field afterwards, especially in the second half as it was still anyone's ball game at halftime.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No I know--I was saying I'd like to return to the jersey colors prior to these idiotic Nike versions. The solid dark green color from the 2009-2010 team.

_

9. BacktoQueens

i mean they were the most impactful plays of the game, which changed the complexion of the game in our favor.
    without those plays, i'm not so sure we win. with those plays, it was an entirely different game which favored us.

maybe a more accurate expression than 'sealed the game' can be used instead..

CleveSteve likes this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

ajax and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This was probably Pryor's best game as a pro, he was everywhere...I really liked what I saw from him...Gilchrist is solid as well...more of a cover safety.

12. BrowningNagle

Your Pryor point I agree on. your Gilchrist point? ehhh idk. He seemed to be very good at letting the player catch the ball and then tackling him. I kinda wish he'd be better at not letting the pass be completed

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The great news is that Maudlin and Cro are both gonna be OK.

From the looks of things during the game this really could have been a costly win for us.

Turbocharged23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Couple of observations.

Lots of different personnel packages on offense. We'd go from two tightends and a power run to 5 wide. Fitz looked comfortable and his interception was a bad throw rather than a bad decision.

The defense worried me some but a couple of play calling points. On the long touchdown I understand we are blitzing, but if that's the case Cromartie needs to not be in press one on one. I think it was Cro I was up in the nosebleeds for the game. Regardless of who it was that corner needs to be backed off if the pressure doesn't get there.

Revis didn't have a very good game and look the worth of his contract. They had a good gameplan against him in run him on crossers. Make him work. I full expect him to rebound next week. It must be tough to get amped to play opposite Brian Hartline.

I thought most of the in game adjustments were good outside of not spying Manziel in the 2nd half. Gotta stick DD in him because had he not fumbled a bunch we could've been in trouble.

Good win, good crowd noise yesterday, must play much better football against better teams.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you are certainly correct that we whooped them big time AFTER those things happened.... but the mccown thing is a big reason of why. all week i was worried about this game cause mccown was qb and figured it would be like 10-6 one way or aonther. after manziel came in i had 0 doubt we were going t win. even after his touchdown. mccown going down to me sealed the win, because i didn think they could be us with manziel in there.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

spy is an issue unless we have a 3rd safety on the field since none of our linebackers are capable. harris/davis sint going to stay with a mobile qb. davis looked foolish on a few tackle attempts and harris just shouldnt be on the field on passing downs to begin with

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We are usually NEVER on the positive side of these plays. I remember when we played the Packers in 2010 - Dustin Keller and J-Co being stripped by the Packer defenders, but were counted as interceptions. We lost that game 9-0.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I personally love when QBs get some marginal success against Revis because it gives them the false confidence to continue to test him. Ultimately it will cost them.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sounds racist to me. ;) :D

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sorry but you are wrong he does and has for years...

BrowningNagle and NCJetsfan like this.