Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Chris Ivory is arguably the most talented runner we have had in decades. No, he doesn't instill fear as a pass catcher, but stick the ball in his gut and you just know he will go forward, at all costs, no matter what. I don't think he receives the recognition he deserves, certainly around the league, but even right here at home. The man is a total beast. Size, speed, and EFFORT combination the likes of which I can't remember seeing in a Jets uniform...

How do you think we should divide up the carries this season?

Powell happens to suddenly look more athletic than he's ever looked before, so I am not opposed to spelling Ivory for up to 3 series a game, but I say, for the most part...

FEED THE BEAST.

2. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Yesterday was a nice split and if we are rushing Ivory 20-25 times a game and Powell 10+ we are going to win a lot of games. With marshall and decker on the outside it opens up our running game a lot. Something we haven't had in a long time. We won't see 8 man boxes so frequently like year past. Owusa can take the top of the D as wells as Smith when he gets back. If our Defense plays the way it should and keep scores low and allow us to play ahead or one score down we will able able to use our running game to eat up yards and the clock. That's what I see this team being. Rushing, clock controlling, great defense.

It was the Browns and had some lucky plays but was pleased with the way we played. PS just throw Marshall the ball in the red zone. It's more like a 70/30 ball for him. Can't believe we got this guy for a 5th round pick, fucking steal! Crazy how a guy has one down year and people forget/downplay him as an elite reciever. Love when he was on first take and said they don't even have me as atop 15 reciever, this guy is fueled! There's a lot of talented receivers in the NFL but Marshall is just as good as the Julio Jones, AJ Greens.

As far as Ivory, this game didn't surprise me. I actually was disappointed with him only having 91 yards lol I expect a huge year from him and have been saying it all offseason. Finally has some coaches that trust him and know how talented he is. Nice to see him be the lead back and not sharing so much. My friends laughed when I took him in the fourth round in fantasy. But told them watch he will be at least a top 10 fantasy back this season

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He had 20 carries which isn't huge but just based on my personal observation they were rough ones and I could see him being banged up a lot with that much wear and tear. I'd go with a 3rd running back esp Ridley whenever he is ready to return. Also more throws to tight ends and Kerley who I think Gailey is under rating.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Hard to say he is the best we've seen in a long time. Jones was an absolute MONSTER for us.

But yes, Ivory is incredible. We are very lucky to have a guy like him as our workhorse.

Something I noticed he's doing a lot of this year. Breaking it to the outside. Hitting the edge. He's made that a point this season and preseason and he has done great because of it

5. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

This is the best, most exciting back the Jets have had in 20 years. Ivory would not have rushed for 14 yards against the Broncos in a playoff game. (Love Curtis, he played his heart out on every play - problem was in the playoffs and against great teams, he didn't have an extra gear)

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And having Decker and Marshall really helps - they ARE outside guys, but they can line up in the slot. And punish the coverage in the middle. [See: Decker TD pass.]

If Jets had a capable TE, that would make things REAL nice - Fitz had a pass tipped at the LOS during one of the goal line series, for instance. If he had a tall TE that could win jump balls in the back end, he would have floated the ball instead of gunning it - which made it possible for the DL to tip it. I am hoping to see more of what Enunwa can do at TE/H-Back spot.

And when the defense has to sit back and respect the pass - watch out! :)

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ivory is the most dominant rusher we've had in years...But lets not say he is the most talented rusher in decades. Curtis Martin is a hall of famer because of his time with us and one of my favorite Jets

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's got a sweet little move to juke would-be tacklers.

We need him healthy if we're gonna do anything this year.

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

He is one of the hardest running r backs I have ever seen. He looks to deliver the blow rather than take it. Much better player than I thought he was.

10. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Ivory is a much better back then jones jones was a guy that took what the o line gave him. Ivory takes what the give him and more. It seemed like everytime he ran yesterday he broke at least one tackle. His yards after contact is tops on the league. Put Ivory in jones spot back then and Ivory leads the league in rushing.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Powell looks like a completely different guy. Looks slimmer, faster and can actually cut.

_

hornblower likes this.
  12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Ivory is one of the best pure runners in the league. His elusiveness and shiftiness for a guy his size is impressive, and he has the ability to run people over.

13. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Beast Mode East!

legler82 likes this.
  14. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pick any other back in the league over Ivory. Deserves a long term deal after this year if he makes the Pro Bowl.

15. DaBallhawk

East Mode you mean.

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, come on. I like Ivory, but there are at least a few RB's that are better than him.

hornblower likes this.
  17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yeah. Ivory is great but he wore down as the season went on last year. Really cool to watch him break through for extra yards. He is like a bowling ball.

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Chris Ivory runs like a man on fire every carry. Love his motor and fearlessness. Give him a better o-line and 20 carries a game he's a 1000+ 10+ TD back with ease. I actually am loving the o-line this year though they've been tough all pre-season and yesterday.

19. DaBallhawk

Like who?

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, Demarco Murray, Adrian Peterson, Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, etc.

That being said, I probably would take Ivory over Peterson and Lynch due to age.

I do think Ivory has the potential to be a top 10 RB in the league.

RochesterJet likes this.