Fireman Ed is Back!!!! (2019 Edition)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Falco21, Sep 13, 2015.

1. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I wouldn't mind him if he didn't create this drama around himself. He seems self-absorbed and became a bit of caricature.

2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Yup, pretty much. When you look at Kansas, Seattle, Oakland, at least they still have this hardcore middle class type crowd that tears that place up each week. We're stuck with those people who show up here each week from the Hamptons and they probably couldn't name a single player on our team outside of Revis maybe.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I doubt if they even know what colors the Jets unis are..

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Well, I for one appreciated him being back yesterday.

I guess I have convinced myself to understand the hate some folks have for the guy but I really don't get it.

It was GREAT hearing that cheer again. Not like at the old stadium, not sure we'll ever create that noise again in this big hollowed out window air-conditioner, but yesterday it was pretty great.

_

Brook!, tiger8mush, Big Cat and 2 others like this.
  5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It was the loudest and most exciting J-E-T-S chant since he left. It was very exciting. I felt like the stadium was loud and proud.

tiger8mush and matt robinson 17 like this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't get the hate for him or that people think "he" left the team, created the situation that led to him giving up the "fireman" persona etc. The guy is a rabid fan that in itself tells you he has passion for the team. Some people appreciate it others don't and we should all be fine with our own opinions of him but don't hate on the guy for being passionate. Everyone is a jerk through some other persons eyes. He's our jerk and he gets the crowd going like no one else has since so embrace it. I'd rather have him and his routine and chant than a dead ass stadium.

To me it looked like he was trying to mentor the young kid that helped him with the chant yesterday and eventually turn over the chant to him. If he can do that with the kid for this season then have the kid take over for the next 20-30 years great I'm all for it.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The guy was also constantly threatened by people. How many people here would up with that?

Its not like Ed is 6'6" 300 pounds and could take on anyone. Fans can be scary especially when intoxicated and Ed has a target on his back. If people here are upset that he left when the Jets were an awful team....well we haven't had a very successful history so when was he to make his exit? There was no guarantee at that time that the Jets were gonna get better anytime soon.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I doubt they're from the Hamptons. Anyone who'll leave home by nine AM for a one o'clock game and not get back home for twelve hours or more, put up with all that traffic and all the assholes, and sit in a nouveau shitbox to watch a team that hasn't been able to get out of its own way for decades seems to me to be a pretty dedicated fan who is also wondering who is going to be sitting next to them on any given Sunday. Besides, all those people left the Hamptons a week ago and are back in Manhattan and New Jersey until Memorial Day.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There still isn't so why do you suppose he is back and what changed to make us something other than an awful team, one win against Cleveland playing with a backup QB?

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BINGO. The J-E-T-S chant was around LONG before Mr. Ed...... but unfortunately alot of those fans got weeded out too

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

This isn't a "weeded out" issue at all nor is it a corporate issue. The corporations are primarily the ones shelling out $$ for the suites (that hasn't changed) or for the absurdly expensive Coaches club behind the Jets bench and Met Life 50 club. That's a small portion of the stadium and still leaves the vast majority for individual ticket holders.

The last few years the NFL has more and more embraced women and kids as fans. There are a LOT more women and kids at games now then anytime in the past that I can remember. All stadiums are more family oriented now then the old days when the stadium was largely filled with guys getting shitfaced together on Sunday's and screaming in a drunken stupor all game. Even though I do miss the entertainment factor of the old drunken crowd I was forced to wait until my kids were older before bringing them to games to witness that crowd. Today I'd worry a lot less about bringing kids to a game. That to me is what has changed the most, it has nothing to do with PSL's and it's not blue collar guys getting weeded out because of PSL's. It's way more likely that the blue collar guys that couldn't afford any price level PSL or couldn't bring themselves to pay a PSL fee moved to the upper level rather than just completely out. The economy and age are more factors for those that left completely.

12. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Ok is it just me and I watched the whole game but I don't remember seeing on camera shot
    of Fireman Ed doing the JETS Chat. Was this just me???

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I still dont like that air horn on 3rd down. Can't we find something better?

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Was he wearing that fucking Sanchez jersey? JK

Seriously.....was he?

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

Only reason he went to that is because people were giving him problems for not supporting the current team by wearing a Bruce Harper jersey. So he switches, Sanchez goes to hell, and he has to take crap.

16. bennylava126

bennylava126 Active Member

Cman, you really think the Jets were a circus at that time? Even if they were, it's no excuse for Ed to walk out on the team when things started to turn south.

He's a fairweathered fan, and probably the worst type I've ever seen in my life. Wahhhh people don't like me wearing a Sanchez jersey I'll just stop going to Jet games! What a coward.

I like the chant he leads, but other than that, he can go fuck himself.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I dont like annoying guy when get a first down he goes "and that's a JETS........................... (first down).

Poeman likes this.
  18. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone would bring this up today. Yes he was a dolphins fan blah blah blah who cares. Honestly if he can get the crowd into it, I could care less. In fact if adolf hitler lead the jets chant I wouldnt care. All i care about are wins, and if he helps us win so be it.

19. bennylava126

bennylava126 Active Member

Why exactly were the Jets an awful team? What, because of Tebow? Also, you stated that the Jets haven't had a very successful history. I disagree. Were you not around in the late 60s-early 70s? 80s? Late 90s and early 2000s? It sounds like you need to brush up on your Jets history. I am DAMN PROUD to be a Jet fan.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, I can just speak from a personal standpoint. My cousins had tickets for 25+ years (originally their dad's) and with the new stadium, those 4 seats would've been 40K of PSLs and more than double the face of tickets. After all those years of driving from Suffolk, they finally said FU.

I'm sure there were PLENTY of others that did something similar.