Week 1 | Game Observations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Sep 13, 2015.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I...am...REALLY....trying.... to keep it together here.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would prefer almost anyone not named Kerley.. Cmon now, even you have to admit Kerley looks out of place back there fielding punts. I know his contract makes him uncuttable, but returning punts just isn't Kerley's forte. He's good at catching them however. So was Dedric Ward.

James Hasty likes this.
  3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

4. DaBallhawk

One snap for Kerley. One.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hate to say this... but Kerley might just have to go. For his own sake. He saw the field for ONE offensive play yesterday and that's with Devin Smith not even active. Owusu had a good game and obviously the CS feels like he's a better fit for the type of offense we are trying to run. I did find it weird that we didn't throw one slant, which I thought would be a big part of our gameplan considering who was behind center. I dunno... just seems like it's better to part ways.

Yes. 100% and I'm not quite sure why you have an obsession with hating Walter Powell of all people. Do you think it's weird that everyone so far would rather see Powell back there and you're the only one having a panic attack over it?

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Here is a reason. He flat out sucks. He is the Muff-Master.

Please stop making me angry.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk about the line being "dominant" but the biggest difference was that there wasn't any mistakes coming from the O line. Probably because its a savvy veteran group. the last few years we saw that even if a guy like Winters or Aboushi or Wayne F. Hunter or (insert name of OL bum) can block their man straight up decently or even look capable for 90% of the game, its the one or two gaffes in decision making that turns out to be completely destructive.

Its just one game but the line showed to me that they might get beat physically from time to time, but we aren't going to see them make retarded mistakes like letting a blitzer go right by them while they decide who they want to hit.

also, the screen passes were a breath of fresh air- oh my it feels like forever since this offense executed a decent screen pass. so the line deserves some credit for that

LIJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

1 career muffed punt

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well, he doesn't. I can remember maybe one muffed punt. And it's just the internet. Relax.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Makes you wonder if he will be active again once Smith is healthy.

11. BrowningNagle

wow

12. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

the jets had 3 sacks vs a very good O-line, plus there were numerous QB scrambles as a result of the pass rush. Take away the scrambles and they could have had at least 6 sacks.

13. DaBallhawk

He should be either cut or traded at this point. Send him to Chicago for Willie Young, or any other edge rusher for that matter. If Kerley can't be a rock solid #3 for us we should move on from him. It's not so much skill related, we know he's a decent receiver. Maybe he just wants out, maybe they don't like his skillset for this offense, I don't know. But move on from him in that case. He's a pain to carry around, he keeps complaining each week about his role, he's like a dark cloud over our head. We have a bunch of better options. We'll have to create room anyway, this week for Aboushi, in a couple weeks for Sheldon, then Dee. He's a goner, just a matter of time. No way you cut Owusu again with Kerley on the roster.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

^ Smith should be back this week too..he might have been yesterday if he hadn't lost so much time..in any event there will be a logjam for active players as you said.

15. DaBallhawk

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup. Watching our line and running game yesterday and watching what Pitt did to NE, I think we're going to rush for 250 yards against the Pats.

Lol me too--but I think I'm warming up to him. :D

But what a player--I can't remember the last time we had a guy with hands so strong he just goes up and gets every ball.

_

17. BrowningNagle

Kerley complains every week? is there proof of this? I am not saying you are wrong and I do feel this organization should probably move on from him eventually but I fail to see why it is so pressing immediately. Even if he is complaining every week..

Owusu is a walking concussion.. he could get knocked out at anytime. Owusu, Enunwa,Devin Smith, even if you cut him for a guy like Walter Powell, they have all never made it through the rigors of a 16 game schedule. I think it would be a surprise if they all did.

Thus its likely to me that this team is going to need a Jeremy Kerley at some point this season. The season is a marathon not a sprint. Veteran depth is very important, especially since there's no real financial gain from cutting him immediately and that it takes two to make a trade and there probably isn't much interest

18. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Week 1 | Game Observations

Ouch.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

id tie in redzone offense with that. could have been 9 points off turnovers instead of 21.

the TD pass to decker was a tight window. the td pass to marshall marshall made a great play. even the firt ivory touchdown came after a penalty negated the earlier score... but we hung in and scored again anyhow.

last few years i dont see us going 3 for 3 in the redzone

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

to me those are weak excuses. they are relevant but still nto reason not to get a good rush. i mean seatle has a good line and mobile qb but the rams where in the seahawks backfield all game.

we lack edge pressure. if the corner/safties/backers arent getting in its goign to be tough. yestarday they werent. we could use a push from one of the lineman. hopefully vs indy we get in the backfield more often