Fireman Ed is Back!!!! (2019 Edition)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Falco21, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Don't bother Ed. It's not worth it.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Say what you want about the guy, but it's not the same without him. The stadium was absolutely electric today.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Maybe the season ticket holders have a issue with him, but I realize the casual fan likes him. He is part of the experience at the games, so whatever let it be. He is just a mascot guys

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Fk Fireman Ed. We need to bring in these patriots from Time Square :)

[​IMG]

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I get the impression the guys who played for the Jets and the guys who played against the Jets cared. If you've never seen the quotes from guys on both sidelines about how impressed they were when hearing it for the first time, you haven't read enough. The chant is important, especially when it's done well. So far, there's only been one guy who did it well.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

^I see those girls all over Times Square. How is that shit appropriate for the middle of the a major tourist destination, right next to a Toys R' Us?

What a fucking joke...Seriously De Blasio is totally trash as a Mayor. The whole city is going backwards, and we are getting so many homeless people crawling everywhere and people can do whatever they want. Crime is also up.

Fuck

Jetphan73 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think you should step up and be his replacement, Geno, but I have this nagging feeling you'd spell it wrong.

Jets69 and Brook! like this.
  8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The crowd was going ape shit today. IDK if that's because of him or not, but if so, keep him around for every home game!!

It's annoying as fuck to me on a personal level that Green Bay, the smallest city in all of football has such a passionate, and loud crowd (that I have been a part of many times) only to see the NEW YORK fucking team have a bunch of crickets in the audience as if they don't give a shit that a game is going on. Part of the reason I became a fan in the first place, is because it was such a big market, that would receive a lot of attention for an out of state fan like myself. I figured I could depend on home games being a big advantage. Today was the first time in honestly a few years that that appeared to ring true.

KEEP IT UP GUYS. (Whoever was there that reads this..)

Brook! and Big Cat like this.
  9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Oh trust me you wouldn't want me to take over that. Those fans wouldn't treat me like they did him at the stadium.

10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Without commenting on Ed's fandom, the chant was noticeably louder and more present on the broadcast today. Felt like old times.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Lots of empty seats today in the 200s. I dont go to games often, is it always like that?

Don't think it was as loud today as it was for some other games in the past. Game against New Orleans comes to mind.

13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

It's not a question of whining. A lot of people just flat out don't like the guy for obvious reasons. I don't think anybody is saying that the chant isn't good. And it's sad that this team needs a "superfan". Is there any other franchise in SPORTS period that needs a "superfan" to get people to chant or make some noise? Why does he keep saying we need somebody to replace him with? How about we act like every other team in sports and the FANS take over? Why do they act like a bunch of sheep looking for somebody to lead them or tell them what to do and when to chant, how to chant when and what to chant. It's ridiculous. And he's not helping it when he says "Ah, the Fireman Ed thing, somebody needs to take over, I can't do this forever. But..somebody has to make sure my creation lives on! I want to be remembered!". Um, no. How about we just move on. There's a bigass Jumbotron in the stadium. Let the team figure something out. Those idiots should be able to create a chant or at the very least put the usual "MAKE SOME NOISE, NOW!!!!" sign on there when it's 3rd and long or something. This is what every team does. Apparently our team sucks at it, whoever is in charge of that Jumbotron thing. But what else is new.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Surely Champ could take his place?

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2 words... Corporate Fans..

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fuck this guy. He's a whiny Dolphins fan that can't handle adversity when it's thrown his way. Probably because everything he had was given to him for the last decade. The chant was louder, but I'd rather there be a softer chant than have this assclown associated with our fanbase again.

17. DaBallhawk

He actually got the gameball from Marshall. Well, fake gameball, but still.

18. DaBallhawk

That's what happens when you hike up the prices. Your stadium is filled with Dwayne Wade's and shitty Sitcom characters like Kevin James and Ray Romano. The real fans are sitting at home wondering why the people in the stadium can't generate some noise.

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The stadium is totally different when he is there. Hate him if you want, but if your in the building on a regular basis, there's no denying the difference he makes.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hence the silent stadium.. I wonder if a breakdown of who actually purchased the PSL's would show how many Corporations brought these licenses as a business expense and a tax write off. Didn't the same thing happen to the Knicks and their fanbase?

#60 Cman68, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015