Steelers headset malfunction

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by rohirrim665, Sep 10, 2015.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Finheaven

2. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I wanted to use that as my avatar (#6 jersey with PICK as the name), but someone beat me to it. I know that I identify posters by their av first, name second. I went with Bowles av to avoid confusion

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he choked on tom brady's ball sack.. you are next buddy

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

You must be stupid. Giants are a NY team vs The Jets another NY team. It's the same with Mets/Yanks, Rangers/Islanders/Devils and Knicks/Nets. Most Met fans could care less about ReSoxs and visa versa Yank fans about Philly. And if they had lost to your scum bag team They would also be on the band wagon. Coming from a family that's 90% Giant fans I can truthfully say They didn't care as they hated The Jets so much. But now after all the cheating is coming to light they tell me they didn't care but now see the systamatic cheating done by your scum bag team

The real shame is there is no need for them to cheat.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/17-reasons-people-hate-the-new-england-patriots/

#184 FlaJet, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Imagine how tardy you'd get without the internet?

Things have evolved, they expect and rely on those tools now and their strategy assumes they exist.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact reason why, and I wish I did but all the other owners and everyone in the league knows what the Pats are up to, yet they all still refuse to make it public. I understand there are probably a number of reasons why they haven't all publicly called out the Patriots, but I wish someone would already, because this whole handling behind closed doors thing is NOT working.

The owners know how bad it would be for the league to make everything that has gone on a public scandal, but they have to figure out a way to end this so we can get back to watching normal football.

Burning Elvii and FlaJet like this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Did you see the pre game last night? Dungy tiptoed around the subject but basically said "yes the Pats ride a fine line with the rules" Meanwhile Harrison was looking pure butt hurt and gave a half assed "all the players did was work hard".

Burning Elvii likes this.
  8. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Well yeah. A lot of cross referencing involving the signals they have recorded on video and the signals actually used during games. The Patriots organization have turned their players into research scholars. Hard Work. Do Your Job.

9. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

It was my exact same thinking. I've seen hundreds of games......something was fishy right from get go. I made mention a few pages back..... can't believe i was hearing it on NBC, my blood pressure went up

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Steelers decided not to file a complaint. Most likely after Kraft told them: "Well if you don't like it then, sue me!" (and then he laughed his ass off)

11. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

The Steelers should file the complaint. The NFL did them wrong.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That's the point. If the other teams don't find this to be an issue that needs to be resolved, it isn't an issue that needs to be stopped. It's no different than holds and pass interference -- just a natural part of the game that is technically a penalty but only a penalty in reality when called.

13. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

I cant believe the Steelers pussied out and are not filing a complaint.
    This league is quickly becoming the laughing stock and a joke.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  14. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I hear next year the competition committee will review defenses being able to move before the snap.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think the owners are hesitant as everyone is making so much money.
    the more these cheating allegations ramp up, the more their golden goose gets put at risk.
    i think if anything, the owners are more apt to have it buried than exposed further.

it's going to take former coaches, players, personnel, etc, to start putting their names to specific allegations to get any further momentum.
    or if any former Patriot personnel comes forward with proof, ......ball boys, Walsh, etc.., then the league and owners can get behind some real actions.
    until then, i think it's status quo, and the P*ts are more emboldened than ever.

Burning Elvii and rohirrim665 like this.
  16. rohirrim665

You're wrong, they do find it to be an issue but they can't come out and publicly turn things upside down, because they all are committed to "protecting the shield." Do you think all the other owners and players DON'T have a problem with this? What are they realistically going to do about those 4 super bowl wins when everyone comes out and says they have been cheating for 15 years? It would look HORRIBLE for the game. No other sport in history would have a scandal of that magnitude, so they are trying to handle it quietly behind closed doors.

17. rohirrim665

You said it better than I could, exactly right.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

why not avoid any confusion by making Br*dy your avatar?

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Funny, I was trying to listen to the radio broadcast of the game last night but all I got were the Steelers play calls.

20. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I just want to add, that if Brady was deflating footballs he seems to have corrected the problem as he's completed 77% of his passes since halftime at the AFC championship game.

That must be the headsets and video of live games from 2003 that's keeping that number above 30%.