The Officials Jets in London Thread

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by gustoonarmy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

OK people, best thing to do (I think) is for those who want to join us, is to let me know what sights you wanna see and I'll plan the pubs around that...so let me know...list your sights below.

Btw, it'd be cool if any UK or Euro based Jets fans wish to join us.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I'm in for sure. Think maybe spend the morning doing some shit and into the afternoon, but maybe like 2:30-3pm meet at a pub centrally located? Pretty much running into London with a blindfold on... I know Big Ben is there, and there is a bridge and a palace...someone told me "Camden town" is worth visiting... if those are on the drinking tour I wouldn't complain. You guys know the tourist spots way better than I do.

Sunday... anyone know of a tailgate at the stadium?

3. UKJet

UKJet Member

I'll be heading up on Saturday night after watching Bristol City v MK Dons. Staying over Saturday and Sunday nights. What a weekend in store! :D

Only other Jets game I've seen in person was a preseason game in Baltimore (Sanchez's first game) so this is quite a step up!

4. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

OK, I can work with that, happy to hear from anyone else. Not sure about tailgating at the stadium, unless a UK based fan is parking at Wembley and doing it. Before a game we Brits tend to just go to the pub...

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Sounds good, we are pumped for London. Trying to do it all in a short time span, and looking forward to drinking some beers with Jets fans.

....and of course come home with a W

donkey likes this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Don't think there is any tailgating at the stadium. The stadium doesn't really have enough space around it. I think some nearby pubs do things though.

Royal Tee and JetsVilma28 like this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

meh crapped out on the drop - got distracted by work stuff and missed the start by 4 minutes and by that time all the good tickets had gone unless you were willing to pay £120 a time (and whilst I was my mate who isn't a Jets fan wasn't so keen and I didn't fancy subbing him on top of my costs) - if anyone gets buyers remorse nearer the time please feel free to message me :)

8. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Jets sent me an update about the tickets. Said the time printed on the tickets was incorrect.

The correct info is gates open at 12:30 PM Game starts at 2:30PM

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

That's disappointing to hear, I'll be in attendance, and I assumed there would be tailgating but I suppose the best thing to do would be find a nearby pub.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I don't wanna wait.. So I said fuggit and scored some UL row 2 tix for $130... not bad considering. I needed 3 in a row so the pickings were slim...

There were 6 available.

11. GreenFan15J

Yes I read no tail gate at Wembly so we booked the Thames river cruise. Pubs don't open till 12:00 noon but you can drink and eat tail gate food on the boat soon as you get on. You can board at Putney 8:45am or Westminster 9:45am. Boat tours up the Thames and drops you at Putney about 12:30pm. There you board double decker buses that take you to Wembly. After the game the buses will drop you off at Earls Court.

Check out americanfootball.london

12. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

My relatives in the UK got me tickets to the Chelsea match. I had purchased 1 seat for myself, which I no longer need. If anyone is interested in attending a premier league matchup on 10/3, I'm looking to get rid of my ticket which I have in hand. It's about $70 (£47) in shed end row 9.

13. YorkshireJet

YorkshireJet New Member

I would really recommend not doing that Thames cruise and double decker experience. Having been to all the games at London for the past 3 years, there's always something going on outside the stadium beforehand. Even if for this game there isn't, there's loads of places in the area to drink before. And most chain pubs (check out weatherspoons for example) do open early for breakfast. As for getting there the only reliable way is on the underground (subway) as London traffic is legendary for being awful and there's no interstate near Wembley. As for the stations, you need to get off at Wembley Park for the full Wembley experience. There are other stations (Wembley central; too far from the stadium, and Wembley Stadium; infrequent and difficult to get to the service).

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Good tip on Wembley Park, best to walk down what people call 'Wembley Way' was actually called 'Empire Way', and now called something else...

15. GreenFan15J

We booked the boat tour and bus to Wembly since it is something we wanted to do. Seems a nice way to combine a pre game event with some touring.

That said we are free to Pub crawl Saturday. Would like to combine that with the fan rally at Trafalgar Square.

16. Daniel Morton

Daniel Morton New Member

I'm a jet from London it is worth leaving the last drink to be the globe at Baker Street as It's straight on the tube to Wembley and is also home to Sherlock Holmes. After the game make sure you visit Roadhouse in Covent Garden it. Is usually lively in there with live music and some pretty decent cocktails.

Brook! likes this.
  17. AmericaninLondon

AmericaninLondon New Member

I will be there to represent the Americans! Mike

18. AmericaninLondon

AmericaninLondon New Member

I appreciate Yorkshire Jet's comments but respectfully disagree, as an American who has lived in London a long time and gone to many NFL games at Wembley. While generally there are things to do at the stadium before the game, the gates don't open until 12:30 for the Jets game, and I don't want to wait until 1pm for my first beer on game day! Last year we had to wait 45 minutes for a beer outside the stadium and so most people simply started going to their seats early. Additionally, chain pubs do serve breakfast, but which NFL fan wants to eat breakfast at a chain pub...don't we want to tailgate??? I agree the buses may take a while to get to the stadium but the crowded public transportation sucks, at least you are not crowded on a bus. The river is really pretty and a tailgate party sounds pretty awesome to me. Thank you GreenFan for the note, I hope to see you on board! Mike

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Anybody know what side the Jets will be on?
    Looking like I'm in section 125.

CAN'T WAIT!

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's the Jets sideline.