I purchased a PlayStation 4. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 7, 2014.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

2017 is my guess.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

well im finally playing Witcher 3 again after not having played in 2 1/2 months since the NEWGAME+ DLC is finally here. Gonna take it extra slow this time and just freestyle with different choices.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn, its been a while but I am still in original story mode. I got sidetracked with work, my wedding, and MLB the show.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Well I'm not as busy as you are lol. Congrats on your wedding.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Poeman likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thanks man, still 2 months to go but alot of tedious planning. I may jump on witcher tonight!

mute likes this.
  6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

From GOG:

About:

Hearts of Stone is the first official expansion pack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- an award-winning role-playing game set in a vast fantasy open world.
    Some monsters are born, others are made. Hired by the Merchant of Mirrors, Geralt is tasked with overcoming Olgierd von Everec -- a ruthless bandit captain enchanted with the power of immortality.

Step again into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, this time hired to defeat a ruthless bandit captain, Olgierd von Everec, a man who possesses the power of immortality.

This expansion to “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” packs over 10 hours of new adventures, introducing new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance and a brand new storyline shaped by your choices.

• Defeat your foes using a variety of new weapons and enchanted artifacts.
    • Level up even further by fulfilling new monster contracts and battling unique enemies.
    • Enjoy some leisure time playing with new gwent cards, or engage in a new romantic relationship.
    • Fulfill a contract for the soul-stealing Merchant of Mirrors, a mysterious traveller who helped you find Yennefer.
    • Fulfill three impossible tasks to defeat Olgierd, a ruthless bandit captain under an immortality spell.
    • Choose your own way through an adventure that includes recruiting a crew of break-in artists, spending a night partying with a ghost and outsmarting the most bizarre creatures Geralt has ever faced.

#106 mute, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Poeman likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I got the ps4 a month or so ago and it came the The Witcher. Not my cup of tea. There was way to much dialogue and cut screens for my liking.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

3 years of recorded content! The game is loaded and should be played in short burst but I cant complain. Finally theres a game that feels like it doesnt end with a $60 price tag! Good gameplay, solid story, tons of things to do; it was worth it.

By the way this is the small team that made it happen :
    [​IMG]

Poeman likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah don't get me wrong, my brother has it and absolutely loves it. It's just not for me. He calls me a simple gamer.. Just pressing X or Square a million times to play my game lol. I rather stick to CoD, madden, NBA or FIFA. I have the batman game but j never even even opened it yet

mute likes this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What a game and what a launch for that company.

They are for real and their next game is one I cant wait to see...I have taken a brief break from Witcher but will get on it maybe tonight. I just got into Skellige in story mode, been taking my sweet ass time

mute likes this.
  11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Cyberpunk 2077 “far, far bigger” than any previous CDP game – even The Witcher 3
    Tuesday, 6 October 2015 14:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Wither 3 has is a rather large game world, and that’s not including the size of the two expansions. The game’s size however large, will pale in comparison to Cyberpunk 2077, according to CD Projekt RED.

Speaking with MCV, visual effects artist Jose Teixeira said Cyberpunk 2077 will be the largest title the studio has ever created.

“Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before,” said Teixeira. “Far, far bigger. We’re really stepping into the unknown in terms of complexity and size and problems we encounter.”

He went on to say the size and complexity of The Witcher 3 helped prepare the team for the upcoming sci-fi open-world title.

“If anything, working on The Witcher 3 was a really good and often brutal learning experience,” said Teixeira. “Cyberpunk is going to benefit greatly from it. I can almost guarantee it.”

CD Projekt RED has previously said its focus at the moment is The Witcher 3 and pushing the expansions out the door along with continued support patches.

Once work on the title is finished, or slows down to a trickle, it will be ready to discuss more on Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012 and CDP expects to start discussing it more sometime in late 2016 or early 2017.
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/06/cyberpunk-2077-the-witcher-3-large/

Poeman likes this.
  12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Poeman likes this.
  14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Fallout 4 is great ... try it out way different from your usually shoot with VATS. Think of the immerse and deep in depth game Skyrim but is a post apocalyptic world with guns

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

might check this game out at some point

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Great game; immersive story; random yet addictive build mode; tons of sidequest(skrim meets post nuclear war)

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Just took the plunge.

I didn't realize PS4 REQUIRED hdmi, so I got a new tv too.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Hell ya ! Enjoy.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It was on sale for this week only for 299, so I thought it's now or never. Now I need to figure out the best games to get.