Jets release Matt Simms

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Cat, May 28, 2015.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did I hurt your vagina by picking on a fringe player that was going to get cut either way?

Not that I am sorry or anything - I can't care less to be frank.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Nothing will ever match Sandwedge's Butt Fumble, the most perfect play In NFL infamy

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Note to Bills fans, Rex starts out really funny and sarcastic, clever, but it gets real old fast

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You know since most of us in life aren't superstars and have had to struggle to get what we have attained. We're mostly fringe players. You'd think we'd root for the underdog to at least get a chance to prove themselves. So why the hatred towards Simms who was a loyal Jets player. And good enough in training camp etc to make the team for a few years and even play in regulation games. What I resent esp with Qbs is being handed a job and given many starts and being given a pass after horrible play. Simms never got a start and who knows. If he had 60 like Mark did maybe he would have improved and been a competent Qb. He was cannon fodder in Buff and had no chance to make that team unless there were injuries. This isn't to say he's a good Qb. He's unproven.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nothing like digging up the trash

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Because Jet fans tried to make Simms into something he's not, and that's an NFL QB. You make a comparison to us and fringe players, but as an employee do you want to see someone "make it" because they are living off their father's name? I think not.

Did anyone sign this beast yet?

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He legitimately made the Jets. We heard reports out of training camp that he looked good. His dad had no ties to the Jets so where do you get that from? The guy treated with kid gloves was Sanchez who never had real competition and overall played poorly. If Simms had gotten a start and played that badly he'd of been cut.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Simms sucks dude. Anytime I saw the guy play in the preseason game, he didn't look all that great against backups. He has a nice arm and he looks cool throwing the football, but he's just not that talented.

It doesn't matter if his dad has no ties to the Jets, his dad has ties to the NFL and that's all that matters. Remember, the league in itself is a "Fraternity" and that's every team included.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

1st round picks and UDFA QB's (heck ANY other round after the first 10 picks of the second or so) are not the same beast and never will be.

The only chance Matt Simms has to stick in the NFL is to play lights out football somewhere and he hasn't managed to do that so far. The problem he faces at this point is that nobody is going to give him a real opportunity to play lights out again.

The only chance a 1st rounder QB has to avoid getting a bunch of chances is to suck so badly that his team can't afford to put him out there any more and that's how many 1st round QB's fail eventually.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And he's a knucklehead. I met him when he was about 10 and a few times thereafter at family functions. Good kid but not the brightest bulb.

_

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well, not just because their 4th string QB who isn't even on the team anymore made a boneheaded play. we'll just call it reason #323

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Do I look like I hate Simms?

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Simms btw signed on with Atlanta's PS. Konrad Reuland signed with the Ravens PS.