So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Big dummy.

2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Such a bad draft and I was called a hater. I waned him gone the minute after that press conference when it became so apparent he was over his head and set the coach up for failure....
    I like this coach and gm team though. They seem to have a plan and are not panicking (I.E. percy harvin ring a bell). in Atlanta they are talking about one bad draft we had two in a row.
    has there been a team with two bad drafts due to either injuries suspensions or stupidity (see Geno)? Has there been a team with one h1gh draft pick in two yrs in a row not start in the third yr? How about 1 pick out of 20 in two yrs start......

TwoHeadedMonster and FlaJet like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

wow so this fuck-tart was making bad threads for sometime now.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Lol at this thread. I cant believe how bitter Idzik's defenders were as if he was going to unveil this master plan in year 3 and somehow do better than Macagnan has done this offseason. I could really see Idzik drafting Kevin White and then him getting injured all while he didn't sign anyone good. Mayyyyyybe he would have gotten Revis because Woody would have made him, but that's about it. We would have gone into this season knowing we would have 0 chance at the playoffs again.

I get that 2 years probably isn't enough to completely evaluate a GM, but sometimes you just make a wrong hire. Its like if a waiter gets hired and after 1 week, he has not gotten 1 order correct then you just gotta cut your losses. Anyway, I am personally done commenting on this subject. Hopefully, Macagnan and Bowles make us forget about this quickly, and we can make the playoffs again after a 5 year drought.

LIJetsFan and FlaJet like this.
  5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Brillient
    [​IMG]

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I hope we eventually have the same number of draft picks with Macagagnan that we did with Idzik.

If Macagnan had 12 picks the year Idzik did, we'd probably have Teddy Bridgewater and Calvin Pryor. And still probably have 7 additional picks lol.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Idzik was a disaster, he destroyed the best part of the team, the defense, he drafted Smith and then forced Ryan to use him and when he finally did get thrown out he forced out the best coach we have had since Parcells and maybe even including Parcells.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Nope he wouldn't have picked Pryor. He is a good GM.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm still giving Pryor the benefit of the doubt. He gets at least this season before I write him off.

My main point was that Macagnan seems to understand the draft a bit better than Idzik did. I'd be way more confident if MM was at the helm.

TwoHeadedMonster and TNJet like this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Pryor will be playing his natural position this year and I will make my decision on him after we see how it does at that.

rammagen likes this.
  11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I have been disappointed with how he has looked in the preseason game. I really wanted Cooks or Matthews in that draft.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What we learned from Mac so far is first round he's going BPA.

Bridgewater > Pryor in terms of BPA.

TNJet and rammagen like this.
  13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Holy shit we would have had Teddy and Davante Adams.

_

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

12 draft picks and you can't even keep 12...should have been fired on the spot for that debacle. Lets keep picks for camp fodder.

But but but the patriots trade down and stockpile. Yes idiot they trade down and get 2 3rds, 2 4ths, 2 5thd etc and have better odds of landing a decent potential player.

Nope we needed multiple 7th round picks

FlaJet and rammagen like this.
  15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Idzik signed his walking papers with that metal patient rambling press conference he had.
    That was the slap in the face moment when Woody was like ,"WTF was I thinking hiring this idiot"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. max

max Active Member

Could have gotten Cooks or Kelvin Benjamin and we would not have extended Kerley for 16 million . . .

Could have had Ha Ha(S), Dennard(CB), Zach Martin (G)

I know ... Hindsight

But Fuck Idzikless

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the Jets haven's sued the idiot who was hired and recommended........John fucking Idzik?????

FlaJet and rammagen like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let's see now . . .

Am I happy that the GM who gave Kerley $4 mil guaranteed and couldn't make a good draft pick if Parcells, Walsh, and J Johnson were in the war room to give him advice is gone?

[​IMG]

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

ill eat crow. i was pro idzik. fuck that guy, seriously

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The front running is irrational but not unexpected. Not that Idzik did a good job. But to say after the fact we should have drafted a guy who every NFL team passed over and just because a team hit lightning in the bottle with him and he was a better player than projected he's an idiot for not selecting him is front running. Some of you are the same posters who after Bryce Petty looked like he didn't know what he was doing the first game said he was a bust and after game 2 said to start him. The same goes for injuries. Last year most Jets fans liked Amaro but when he got injured now he's a bum. The same for Milliner. Mac hasn't proven anything yet. They won two exhibition games which don't count.

BomberJet likes this.