Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i'm hoping the judge waits till Friday just to uphold the suspension.
    that would be followed by Labor day weekend, and an unlikely 2 days for Br*dy to pursue an appeal + injunction prior to Thursday's nights opener.

3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Also, it will make every pats fans holiday weekend miserable.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  4. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Birds of a feather..................

Cheat together?

:D

5. Burning Elvii

“In the minds of somebody in that organization, they thought it was important. They thought it would give them a competitive advantage, and that’s why they did it” – Bob McNair

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Unfortunately if he were to uphold it he would have done by now just so Brady could appeal in time to get an injunction...unless of course you don't believe everything that guy has said since this started, I think he will wait just so brady can play onthursday night.

7. Burning Elvii

I'd think Goodell would be brazen (with owner support) to impose the special exemption list rule if Berman overturns.....

8. BacktoQueens

not sure how you are coming to that conclusion.
    when pushing both sides to reach a settlement, the judge let Br*dy's team know he could not promise a fast decision (to fit their timeframe) if no settlement could be reached.
    in other words, he let them know up front he won't rush anything for an injunction/Thurs night goal.

i also don't see this court reversing Goddell's decision even despite the barking that was done to push a settlement.
    i think he pushed harder on the NFL, as he knows they hold the cards in this case.

9. Weetabix

Weetabix New Member

It was cited in the original filing by the NFLPA back when it first went to court as one example of prior league precedent (along with the Chargers 'Towel' incident and the Vikings/Lions sideline heater)...so it's not like this is a "surprise 11th hour witness". Supposedly Berman asked him to appear to specifically discuss that incident.

10. Don

I DO think all but one owner are fully behind this.

11. Don

I am coming to that because pretty much everything he has said comes across as anti-nfl.

12. BacktoQueens

well one of the levers he specifically pulled with the NFLPA is that his timeframe might not match theirs if they do not reach a settlement..

he pulled a lot of levers to pressure the league into an agreement too.
    i believe that's all it was.....pressure to end this, as the NFL has the stronger case, he tried to make them less secure in it.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

According to Us Magazine the marital problems for Brady are related to his behavior at home since Deflategate. So all of this furor could be affecting him more than anyone. Even Jay Feely while supporting Brady has stated a few times that this is what Tom wants. It's out of proportion and on his part kind of crazy.

14. Don

As has been sadi a few times in this thread he may want to run for senator or governor or something and if this goes against him he will have no chance..of course you look at what some of our politicians in the past have done and still get elected or re-elected and that may not be true at all.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

For what this has turned into for him....4 games was nothing. Especially, when New England backs you forever and you can freely go on denying any participation. Kind of like Kraft, "reluctantly accept the leagues punishment." Brady 'team' handling of this entire situation has buried Brady reputation outside of New England (and fan boys afar "Junc's").

Hindsight 20/20 Brady (if he knows he is guilty or even a little in the wrong) should have admitted some fault and probably there is no investigation, and only a fine (to save the Super Bowl and some NFL/league image). Spygate is certainly a big reason why Roger/NFL have held strong on this. And of course the text messages of the equipment people and destroying of evidence have prevented this case from 'going away'.

But again...on digs Brady, egg all over his face, "let's take this to federal court, because those are the kind of people dumb enough to believe whatever I have to say." (MISTAKE....again...another MISTAKE)

Just put the equipment people on the stand and lay this abomination to rest. (Probably find out much more about BB's involvement as well)

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

On a personal level he could win the battle but lose the war. If smart he would have laughed it off, denied it and gone forward the way most of us do in our lives.

17. JetsVilma28

I agree

The only way you take this to federal court is if you believe, without a shadow of doubt, that you are innocent. Or if you are certain (90% range) that you can win the case. Any doubt at all, you should take the 4 games (reluctantly) and move on...denying any involvement ever; forever. "didn't want to continue the rhetoric"

Brady must believe he is innocent or he is a moron; and outside of New England, and Brady fanboy la la land...he looks very guilty.

#2717 JetsVilma28, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, Wells had to say it strongly looks like he was involved in this fiasco but couldn't 100% per cent say he was guilty. Because there was no smoking gun. And Berman questioned that in the hearing. But Berman knows well that there often is not a smoking gun. What the union and the Brady lawyers wanted was 100% proof that he did it. And said the strong circumstantial evidence wasn't full proof or good enough.And this just for a 4 game suspension that if Brady had been cooperative would have probably been reduced to 2 games. Brady does not ever have to admit he did it.

19. JetsVilma28

The best quote from Wells at the depo explains well his more probable than not...

And we know why Brady did not cooperate...because he was aware of what McNally and Jastremski were doing. And Brady's phone/emails would have been the infamous 'smoking gun'.

.....Probably, Belichick 'awareness' would have been in there too.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look I spent over a hour on the phone 2 nights ago with my college daughter basically telling her to walk away from a possible dispute with one of her professors about a small issue that he has control over and she felt was unfair. It looks like Tom Brady is not mature enough in his personal life to back off from something that originally wasn't a major deal and let it ride. Sometimes it smarter not to fight city hall. Like I told my daughter it doesn't mean you're a wimp it just means you're smart and can walk away from a battle that isn't that important. There was a good compromise that he Cojn
    Again just give him two games with no apology required. That's a compromise and both sides can save face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.