What do you need to see from the Snoopy Bowl to....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What do you need to see from the Snoopy Bowl to have confidence going into the season? Here's a few of mine:

Offense: Would like to see our O-Line be better than avg, especially in the run game. No off-sides, no long runs killed by holding, a few holes to run through. Would like to see Ivory get 75-100 yards in 3 qtrs.

Would like to see Fitz and our short passing game avoid 3-n-outs. Put a few decent drives together. Don't have to score tons of points, but would like to see 7-8-9 plays in a row.

Would like to see Fitz take advantage of all our talents: Ivory, Kerley, and a few 20-30yrd plays to Marshall/Decker.

Defense: Would like to see our LBers play decent....some timely pressure on the QB, solid run stopping, decent coverage on TEs, screens, etc. Just don't want our LBers getting toasted 6-7-8 times.

Teams: Would like to see someone other than Kerley return punts (successfully!).

4th QTR: Hope to see Petty continue getting better and better. I almost hope he's not out there getting killed behind our 3rd O-Line, but assuming he's out there would like to have him TOAST the Giants 3rd stringers.

I know the Snoopy Bowl is still just a training camp scrimmage (and I'm glad Bowles is here to play it as such), but this is as close as we'll get to our 'real team'. Everything will be 90% vanilla but still would like to see progress on tackling, penalties, etc.

Would like to come away feeling like our team is pretty solid all the way around.

What are you hoping to see, specifically?

The Uniform Bomber and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

Mainly, I really want to see William's play show even more dominance.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I want a couple of long, consistent drives on offense, to get us to the redzone twice. No negatives plays in terms of giving up sacks or getting hit in the backfield on a run play for -5 yards or something, stuff that would put us in 3rd and long situations. On defense I want the starting unit to make some plays finally. The DB's have to create turnovers, not allow any bigplays, get off the field quick. I also want them to show some more pass rush. That's pretty much it. Outside of that just no injuries overall, I don't really care for the score.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I would like to see our starters kick ass instead of getting their ass handed to them yet again.

Healthy competition among the backups with a few guys making an impact would be nice as well.

I am tired of seeing jobs handed out instead of having to make tough choices among multiple guys that can do the job.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

If Petty has any potential at all, I don't want him playing behind a bunch of linemen who won't be on the team in 3 weeks. Our QB situation sucks, we need to protect them at all cost.

No more injuries and I'll be happy.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

For starters, no injuries. Secondly, no injuries. And hopefully if we're lucky there are even no injuries.

Seriously, I know there are some things that can be taken from preseason but health is the number 1 thing. The game still won't be schemed at full force. Remember Geno and the offense looked great in the Snoopy Bowl last year.

If there's one thing that would just be a little reassuring to see it would be Fitz making a couple sideline throws and a couple throws of 15+ yards. Just to make sure he still has a ballsack and a functioning right arm. I don't really even care about sustaining drives too much because the running game is our bread and butter and the intensity of run plays during the preseason is incomparable to that of the regular season.

Can't wait to see Petty, though. You can tell a lot more about developmental guys than you can about starters in these games. Hopefully we give him a good "gotta have it" scenario where he needs to win the game. Just for the experience.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. juss

juss Active Member

Protect the QB
    Protect the ball
    Force some turnovers
    No injuries
    Get some 1st downs
    Less penalties

We dont need to be outstanding, but if we can be solid in those areas that will be enough for me.

#7 juss, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

1st team D not give up opening drive touchdown. So far, in both other games, the opponent waltzed down the field without much resistance .

And no injuries please!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. jxc

jxc Active Member

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Cro not get torched by anyone he covers. He can say "it's not even real camp" or whatever he said all he wants but the truth is he's looked terrible. Seeing Revis lock up Beckham Jr. would be a solid consolation prize I guess. Other than that, I wanna see Leonard Williams make some more plays and Coples redeem himself.

Offensively, how about we throw a pass more than 12 yards tonight? And even better yet, how about we throw a pass to Bilal Powell? And even better than THAT... let the guy run outside the tackles! I know it's preseason but I really thought Gailey would know exactly what to do with Powell and I haven't seen much that indicates that just yet.

And with all that being said, it's preseason. All anyone wants in preseason is no injuries.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Don't need to see anything......I don't put any stock into the preseason..

BomberJet likes this.
  12. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

I would like to see the starting quarterback connect on a ball deeper that 15 yards with accuracy.

13. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

So you think teams can just come out week 1 and just turn it on?

14. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

I don't think Idzik determined what personnel to insert into the game! He was watching from a box.

15. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

I want to see Petty dominate some scrubs!

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here is what I would like to see
    1- no injuries, first and foremost
    2- no major or excessive penalties
    3- a more disciplined team that controls the tempo
    4- the starters hold their on and have at least a couple of solid sustained drives
    5- good field communication
    6- no stupid last minute bravado to be the recipient of the worthless Snoopy trophy

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No injuries.

Improved fundamentals.

Low to none quantity of penalties.

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Others have already said it, but no injuries is all I'm bothered about. If we can get out of the next two games without losing any more of our depth players I'll be happy.

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Huh? What the hell did Idzik have to do with it?

20. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Consistent progression. First game was awful, second was meh, so evidence that they are making head way in picking up Bowl's system in practice would be great. As stated by many above, Fitz making a solid drive or two, Petty to continue growing. Defense not let up so many big plays and improve their tackling. I just want them to keep getting better.

NYJetsO12 likes this.