Thomas George: Geno Sucker Punch is Reflection on Bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Aug 12, 2015.

1. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Check out this article by Thomas George of SBNation. I am actually speechless that this guy came to his conclusions. Seriously speechless that you could blame this on Bowles...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/...punch-jets-locker-room-head-coach-todd-bowles

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao!

Yeah, it was all Bowles fault

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Who is this retard? How about we not give this guy the click traffic he's looking for

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We're not hence the quoted article in the OP

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna bother to read it.

It's more a reflection on the old coach here. The new regime have some cleaning up to do the locker room was a cesspool under the old coach.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thomas George can suck a dick

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Thomas who?

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

And Aaron Hernandez killing a man is a reflection on Bill Belichick.

This is a reflection on IK and IK only. Even if Geno stole $600 out of IK's locker you don't sucker punch a man. People need to take accountability for their owm actions.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Right but if Geno provoked IK then it's a reflection on Geno as well.

This incident says nothing really about Bowles. Idzik is the one who drafted these idiots.

10. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

It's a reflection on Woody because he seems to always have this nonsense going on.
    It's a reflection on Bowles because he is the head coach. He is ultimately responsible, fair or not.
    It's a reflection on Geno because he, as a leader, should have not been in that situation from the start.
    Lastly, it mostly is a reflection on IK and what a thug he is. The last thing our Jets need is this locker room cancer metastasizing his , 'I'm keeping it real ' attitude on the young guys.

#10 greaser, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    ajax likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Now, now, there is a classic piece of journalism that exemplifies unequivocally that you don't need talent to publish an article in SBNation. If there was ever a case for a writer to be sucker punched this might be him.

Ergo I suppose , a case should be made for Hernandez and his coach, Rice and his coach, Peterson and his coach, Dez Bryan and his coach, Cam Newton and his coach, you name it.
    Or perhaps we care to look a little closer to home, Mr. George, at the debacle of Woodson under Rex, or his strength trainer tripping an opposing player on the sidelines, or his current assistant coach punching a kid. Oh Wait, I suppose that is different, we call that making a bully. Players need to be accountable and not always throw the trash out to the leadership.
    LOL, Beam me up Scottie, there is no intelligent life left down at SBNation.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Thomas George and why should I give a shit about any opinion he has about Todd Bowles?

13. dawggjet

dawggjet Member

That was lame. Pass on it

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I posted on ganggreennation, which is a part of sbnation, for about a year. I've never met a dumber bunch of fans in my life. Most of them were teenagers and kids in their early 20s who knew little about the game. Anyone can write an article and have it published on that site. To make it worse, the mods were ridiculous. You couldn't criticize anyone, their ideas or even disagree strongly or you'd get banned. Ironically, the mod that applied the ban hammer the most had a hair trigger temper and been arrested for assault before and served time. It was a total joke.

LAJet likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a reflection of both the idiots. Geno's career with the Jets now hinges on their record upon his return from injury. If we're anywhere near .500 when he's cleared he won't see the field and I'd bet he gets cut in the offseason. We have to have only one or two wins for him to play for this team again IMO. Let Rex have him. He loves retreads.

I really don't think this regime is going to let Geno define their tenure. He's already ruined the beginning of it and there's zero chance he sticks around past this season after the poor judging he continually displays.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. Smith had a reputation for diva like behavior before he got here and well placed quotes from Idzik and CO. papered that over....Note my sig. Idzik was so eager to run a playoff QB out of town instead of getting him an OC, that he took a guy that every team in the NFL passed over, including the Jets...lol..

And this incident fits his profile, as does the fact that his teammates aren't outraged by the event.

Even Moneyman Mevi$ was ....hedging his responses carefully, as was Mangold, the center.

Smith it appears was not well liked in the locker room.

dogg, Jets69, ajax and 1 other person like this.
  17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Whatever, my main point was it's stupid to blame a coach for something like this.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. I feel like the next member of the Jets who sticks up for Smith will be the first member of the Jets who sticks up for Smith.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Geno's career with the Jets is over.

MM is not letting Idzik haunt his future.

Period.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's probably just some fan. That site doesn't employ professional sportswriters.