Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

According to the media, Geno's brother was in an accident and Geno had to get him to the hospital.

James Hasty likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh really because a lot of folks here yesterday were making such a big deal of it and how could IK give a shit about $600 when Geno had just lost such a dear friend at such a young age.

To the point where folks were debating who lost better friends than others and what they would and would not have cared about.

Of course his dear friend didn't die in a motorcycle accident.

_

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Where is your source? I read Schefter, The Post, Daily News and all had that someone died.

4. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

F that leaders don't let it get to that point. Right or wrong they bite the bullet and take care of issues. Why don't you see that?

IDFjet and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

That story makes no sense whatsoever. How do they go from Geno handing him the money to them arguing and Geno putting his finger in IK's face? Geno sensed a lingering issue? Is that fancy speak for he owed him money? If the guy is upset with you why do you get in his face? Why suddenly you decide to pay him back, so late? I guess out of nowhere it hit him that he owed him money? Either way, it doesn't even matter. Geno mishandled this whole thing and he should not have gotten in IK's face about it. Him trying to make it up at the end even if we assume this happened, doesn't excuse the fact that he messed up in the first place by not keeping his word. And please don't go down the "the punch was uncalled for, IK is an ass" road again, we all agree on that. What we don't agree on is that Geno was completely innocent. Maybe Geno meant well when it was too late, he's still a putz for arguing with IK about it and for putting his finger in IK's face. IK had every reason to be upset, you don't start arguing with him, leave him alone if he's pissed. He'll get over it and get back at you at some point.

IDFjet likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sounds almost like a made up excuse as to why Geno didn't go to Texas.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

NFL Network, Mike & Mike, etc.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I do see that. but Geno simply made a mistake in leadership. IK on the other hand was a complete asshole, made a mistake in basic judgement and a criminal if Geno Smith wanted him to be (press charges)

9. rammagen

Then why after a month didn't Geno pay him back. Geno is not innocent in this and people are fools to believe so

10. rammagen

Then let him they are both ass-hats I want far from this team

11. JStokes

100%.

The better you make the lie, the more believable it is.

Yeah, I went to the movies coach, and my watch didn't work.

_

Jake and IDFjet like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually said that Geno is innocent? I think everybody here agrees that he was wrong to a degree. He sure as hell wasn't wrong enough to get his jaw broken.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The only thing we have heard from Geno Smith so far is his Instagram photo with the caption "I'll be back".

Does anyone else think that Geno should have had more to say about his involvement in this incident?

I can see where he is a victim in this but Bowles, Revis, and others are clearly disappointed by his behavior.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

When you don't think you are in a fight and someone punches you that is a sucker punch. If I am standing in front of someone in a verbal altercation and that person just decides to punch me that is a sucker punch, it does not have to be from the side or behind.
    I am not excusing what Geno did, I think he shares some of the blame but it still comes down to IK punching him and losing $500,000 over $600.

15. JStokes

Too be fair, some are putting this 100% on IK when it should be 95% on IK and 5% on Geno.

_

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

One thing that I've been thinking about is that the fact that no one stepped in and stopped them. I would think that this was a situation that escalated... but why didn't Geno's team mates calm it down. It says a lot to his standing with the team that they didn't. We don't know yet, but if he was acting like a punk it may have been behavior they were used to. IDK. Just guessing.....

17. BroadwayAaron

If he plans on pursuing legal action it's probably best he says nothing at all.

IK is 100% to blame for what happened yesterday. You don't sucker punch a guy like that, you just don't. Especially when it can cost you your job and probably any job in the future. Geno deserves some blame in the overall situation, but not for what happened yesterday.

Unless there's a part of the story we aren't being told yet...

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he was interviewed yesterday wasn't he?

sorry- he did not. he issued a brief statement- thats it.

#898 BrowningNagle, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  19. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure IK got annoyed and loud before Geno put his finger in his face. We can really argue all day and night about how immature this is, but Geno took this thing to the next level when he put his finger in IK's face. That's when the fight started. At that point if you're IK you only have 3 options. You walk away (not really an option, he might as well retire and change his identity), you slap his hand away or you clock him. He decided to clock him. He could have swatted Geno's hand away but that probably would have led to Geno retaliating again and either way a fight was going to break out.

20. BroadwayAaron

You're speaking as if the story has been confirmed. It hasn't. There are at least 3 different stories floating around and each one of them holds as much credence as the next.