Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I still find it laughable that people actually think IK hit Geno over the money, like he was going to starve that day if Geno didn't pay him back. IK wasn't going to just walk away from it (again) like a sucker and not do anything about it. These guys are all about pride and how they're being viewed inside the locker room. IK looks like a heavyweight champ, he's not gonna be treated like shit by some goofball QB who hasn't earned his stripes. It's a lack of leadership, lack of respect by Geno. Maybe he really needed some humble pie.

James Hasty and NYJetster like this.
  2. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

My guess is that he won't. Seems quite possible he's done as a Jet. This year was his last chance, and based on what Bowles said at his press conference, it seems obvious that without a game being played he's already not very pleased with young Eugene.

I guess he'll be making bad decisions somewhere else pretty soon.

pdxdrew, James Hasty and june19 like this.
  3. DaBallhawk

Interesting tweet from Ryan Clark. I understand the organization backing the starting QB and getting rid of the situational guy/late round pick in this case, it's business. But I still hate it. No need to trash the other guy more than you have to and ruin his chances of him bouncing back. Just say a fight broke out and we decided the person that threw the first punch. Something like that.

Have confirmed with multiple sources that Geno Smith was not, I repeat was not sucker punched! So let's stop that narrative.

#843 DaBallhawk, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Poeman and june19 like this.
  4. DaBallhawk

Bravo.

Poeman and James Hasty like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

IK paid Geno $600 to cover his expenses for the visit to Texas for his youth football camp.

Geno went with this brother to the hospital and blew off the visit without notifying IK.

Since he didn't go to Texas Geno agreed that he would pay $600 to IK at training camp when IK called him to say WTF?

6. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

The best reaction I've heard yet was "apparently Geno threw the first punch but it landed a few yards short."

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

IK once punched a police officer because he wouldn't let his underage friend in a bar. I think its safe to say he was the one with the problem and easily could've punched Geno over a measly $600 based on that track record

8. DaBallhawk

Money had nothing to do with it. You don't treat people like shit, disrespect them and put your finger in their face while arguing with them when you owe them money. IK is trigger happy, he doesn't back down if you challenge him. Some guys you just don't mess around with. The punch was out of line and unacceptable, but so was Geno's handling of this entire situation. Like Todd said, it takes two to tango. Geno started it, IK finished it.

NYJetster and James Hasty like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

okay... even if I agreed with you, which I am not sure that I do, my question is so what???

IKs the asshole no matter what in my opinion.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Who says that there was only one asshole involved?

FlaJet likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

I do

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Pretty much everyone. Geno may not be blameless but IK is the piece of shit.

13. DaBallhawk

How would you have handled the situation? Put yourself in his shoes.

14. BrowningNagle

IK or Genos?

I can tell you if I was in IKs shoes theres no fuckin way I would've hit the man. I'm not claiming moral superiority or anything but thats both an asshole move and a really, really stupid one. he may have punched himself completely out of the league - - deservedly so

15. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Not sure who your sources is but I hope that there's a chance it's not as bad as being reported.

If the recovery of 6-10 weeks can be reduced then there's hope for us.

This is unbelievable. I was in shock. I was at work and quickly checked my phone and saw IK was immediately cut for punching Geno. And I was upset because IK was making plays and we were optimistic about him.

Then I took a break and checked my phone to see the full story and see that Geno's jaw was broken and needed surgery and he was out 6-10 weeks. I was in shock. My optimism for this season dropped immediately. All I could think of is this is exactly what being a Jets fan is all about. Bad luck and mediocrity.

We know what we're getting in Fitzpatrick. He's average at best and won't be able to make huge plays for us most of the time. We're not going to win a ton of games with him. We may not lose a ton with him either, but with him as the starting QB, the season will just be meh. Not exciting.

Geno was at least looking real good in camp and showing his potential, not to mention the great chemistry with Marshall which was huge. I'm not saying we would've definitely been playoff contenders with him as he's still an unknown. But at least we would've seen what we had in him this year. Now we have to get used to Fitz short and medium safe passes as opposed to some bombs to Marshall from Geno.

#855 TheJetLife, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  16. DaBallhawk

IK. Say you pay somebodies bills, you do him a favor. You guys agree he'll pay you back at date X. Date X comes, he didn't pay you back. Days go by, you see the guy every day, you wait for him to approach you, nothing happens. Now 2 weeks later you finally go up to him and ask him what the deal is, suddenly you two start arguing, yelling, he puts his finger in your face. What do you do?

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

How is he not punished when he lost his starting job because of this mess, maybe for good?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

Something else that bothers me is this: If there was time for Geno to start pointing fingers, there was probably time for other players to see the trouble developing and intervene.

The fact that they appear to have just let the situation play out raises some pretty uncomfortable questions about Geno's relationship with the rest of the locker room.

19. BrowningNagle

I already told you theres no fuckin way I would've hit Geno Smith if I was IK.

I've also been in bars in the past where they didn't let my underage friends in and I didn't hit a police officer as well.

because I am not an asshole (okay, not THAT big of an asshole)

IK is

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're choosing to believe one of the many reports. We have no idea what the real story is. I don't know that we ever will unless Geno or IK speak on it and I doubt that will happen. Let's say this is the correct report, from Josina Anderson:

"A source who spoke with Geno Smith told me the Jets quarterback says he approached IK Enemkpali around the start of camp prior to the big incident that occurred Tuesday. The source said Smith did this after sensing a lingering issue between them after he was unable to attend Enemkpali's offseason event, as it felt like the now former Jets linebacker was not speaking to him. The source emphasized, Smith tried to diffuse the situation at that time by offering to pay $600 to Enemkpali that Smith said his former teammate claimed was owed for both a plane ticket and car service.”

Who is the clear cut asshole now?