Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That doesn't make me feel any better. There was optimism circling around the Jets and it was a nice change of pace.

The one thing I will say is that it was a money decision sending Idzik packing. His draft classes might be up there in the worst in team history. Was it the Seahawks GM who said the Jets just needed to give him another season? Good riddance.

Walt White likes this.
  2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Bull crap stop defending Geno as a leader wethr right or wrong to make good on anything that has your name associated with it. As a leader of the Jets he owes to all the players not just the ones he likes. He is at fault not as much as IK but he has fault. he should have defused the situation or he should have I don't know pay his fing debt to IK for the plane ticket.
    So he had a friend die and missed the event at that point he should have made arrangements to make good. Over a month passes and he does crap.
    WTF how does any normal person defend a shitty ass move like that. It shows poor judgement and lack of respect from the one position that needs leadership and respect to succeed. And for the people post Jason's La Conforta posts he is as much full of crap reporters will push the envelope everytime to be first. Geno has fault here whether fan boys want to admit or not.

James Hasty and Pocket Jet like this.
  3. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

"It's not too wild to consider that a team like the Jets might want Grossman, simply because nothing is too wild to consider when it comes to the Jets."

The line above is from an article I just saw. It was the closing statement. It is shit like this that I was hoping we were finally getting away from.

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed! If they both were at fault, they both should be cut. Will be a happy day when Smith is no longer a Jet. Only on this team could keeping the worst starting QB over the last TWO YEARS in the NFL be considered a good thing.

rammagen, mgjetman22 and Pocket Jet like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So the new look Jets aren't perfect. Its not the first time a player got punched in the lockerroom and it probably won't be the last. Geno got his jaw broke and IK got cut. 2015 now hangs on Fitz's arm and healed leg. Nothing we can do about it now but hope for the best.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Now it has...

"(including NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport) gave background info that Smith had been waving a finger in Enemkpali’s face in the midst of a verbal altercation which, as they say, “escalated quickly…I mean, things really got out of hand, fast!”"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...n-following-broken-jaw-by-teammate/ar-BBlEwKw

oh and the article pretty much says he's dead to the jets now.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Simms would be looking pretty good in a Jet uniform right now.

Pocket Jet and James Hasty like this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I agree with him but I think it's (was?) more of a organizational thing.

Throw out words like franchise quarterback, leadership, put a C on a player's jersey to show he's a 'captain' or do a magazine cover like it makes someone something they aren't. It's fake.

Fitzpatrick isn't close to a franchise QB or a star but I think he'll command instant respect from the other players in the locker room because of his experience.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Dude, we don't know anything about Geno--we have no actual idea of how much of a gym rat he is and how much studying he does--or retains.

Pretty much every QB is a "gym rat" and "studies the hell out of the playbook" until it turns out, they really weren't and didn't.

Weren't you the guy who said Geno--in all caps--"HASN'T TAKEN OFF ONE DAY ALL OFFSEASON" only to later admit that you were exaggerating?

_

10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

The fact everyone is over looking defending Geno is that he is supposed to be a leader. He shows bad judgement, sorry but I believe Ik is wrong for punching him but Geno is just as wrong for letting this lie. I doubt anyone here will know the full truth but Geno is just as wrong he should have defused the situation You want to say finger waving in the place did not happen fine but what about the heated argument what was said....Geno should not have gotten into the heated argument when he was in the wrong he should have defused it. A leader does that, a leader bites his tongue and eats crow to earn respect. Why didn't anyone step in to help Geno...Because they prolly thought he was in the wrong and they did not think IK would snap.
    Sorry is knuckle head and I hope he just fades away

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Exactly, and if by any chance a QB is available to us come next draft, then we will be in position to draft the guy. CoughConnorCookcoughcough

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

how much moneys gone now though?Because he had to get his respect. I have a friend finishing a stint in federal(military guy) because he was "disrespected" in a strip club one night. Stupid then, stupid now.
    and now i have tupac in my head.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

OK. I'll explain it to you. Incognito being a better player than Martin had absolutely positively nothing to do with that situation or the point I was trying to make. The point I was making is that you can't excuse Incognito because "boys will be boys" and locker rooms are rowdy places that require thick skins and then expect the Jets locker room to be free of all the crap that goes on between players. Incognito maybe a good player, but he is a horrible human being and lost a year of his career because of it. It doesn't matter that he was a better player than Martin.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I can't agree with that at all.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

While it would have shown guts I can't be too hard on our rookie head coach for not cutting his starting QB.

I am glad our remaining QBs have the opportunity to audition for the starting job but it may not be a bad thing to have Geno in the wings if they fail.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He can't even beat out the guys in front of him in Buffalo.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Which do you prefer?;)

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So according to manish, geno is sitting down, ik hits him, geno gets up and walks out.
    sounds like he diffused the situation to me. If he went back at ik he probably is cut also

Dom likes this.
  19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My point is that policing the locker room does not work and that boys will be boys which is exactly why Richie Incognito is still a football player and Jonathan Martin is not.

Richie Incognito is not a nice guy but the NFL is not a nice place.

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Niners are having a historically bad off-season (for pretty much any sport).