Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

yep.. Geno's, IK's and the truth..

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are turning on Geno after the clarified reports. It astounds me.

He was in an argument and he was punched in the face. It's as simple as that. He didn't punch anyone. He didn't go on a joy ride either. This story should honestly make Geno more sympathetic, IMO.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh, I see. Whats the exchange rate on respect to dollars?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One hard right haymaker to the jaw evidently.

ajax and James Hasty like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

exactly..... and I'm starting to get the feeling that I won't be turning down many sunday fishing invites or missing swells this winter :confused:

8. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Hating on Geno right now for this is utterly disgusting. Saying he was disrespected in the lockerroom is asisine that has no support. Brandon Marshall has only talked glowingly about Geno and Cro discussed how Geno has really grown as a man and been a more vocal leader.

I also find it embarrassing that some of you are happy this happened as Geno doesn't get to play now. Grow up, this is Geno's career and by all accounts he has been working extremely hard to improve as a passer. Marshall even said he's first one in, last one out. To have this kids work unraveled is unfortunate. Just from a human kind perspective, there is nothing good about this.

This team will be fine, but the reactions to this are why the Jets are a circus

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I am trying to pay my visa bill, they want money. I told them i had respect, they call back whe i have money

10. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Great post. X100

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. James Hasty

This was not LT's sack on Theisman, Geno will only be injured for a few games.

He will have another chance to come back and prove himself.

Most of us did not wish for this to happen but if the rumors surrounding this incident are true it may be good for our team in the long run.

Until then our other QBs will get more reps and have their shot at success.

May the best QB win the job.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

bank?

13. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Wow coach is right, fighting over something petty. Airfare and hotel when Geno was no show at IK's camp, really? C'mon man, you don't do that to teammate, much less your starting QB.

14. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Wait? Why does Geno owe him money? Geno was doing IK a favor by attending IK's stupid high school camp. He had a good reason to cancel--a friend died. IK should have bought travel insurance. Regardless, you don't ask someone who was doing you a favor to pay up for something that wasn't his fault. He should have just let it go.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

People will try to take shots at Geno's leadership with this but it has nothing to do with the situation. Both players have accountability of course (as Bowles said it takes two to tango), but the scale leans wayyyyyyy more heavily towards IK. The situation that's being tweeted by the beat writers does not warrant a sucker punch to the face.

NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  16. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I really feel sorry for the people who really think somehow this is Geno's fault. Its actually comical. Society is in trouble if we think that IKs actions are explainable and reasonable.....wow.

17. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

How does someone get punched, his jaw broken in two places, and then say "I'm not doing this here" and leave? Ummm he just cranked your jaw, you already ARE doing this here. Wouldn't it be a natural instinct to return fire? Surprised he wasn't knocked out to be honest.

When keeping it real goes wrong... Only the Jets, unbelievable.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is an embarrassment to Jets fans. Message boards around the NFL are going to link to this thread to show what a bunch of morons Jets fans are.

I don't care what any of you think of Smith as a QB. To be happy about this injury and the way it happened is sick.

And anyone who says and thinks this is good news from a football standpoint is a complete idiot. First, Smith was by far the better QB in camp. Second, he has a higher ceiling than a 10 year veteran journeyman. Third, he was showing signs of reaching that potential. Fourth, and most importantly, this is a huge set back for Jets future plans. If anything, 2015 was Smith's final audition season. He was surrounded by talent and a CS that understood offense and we were finally going to find out if he was the future QB of the Jets or not. It doesn't matter what happened the past two seasons or what any of you think was going to happen this season. We were going to see if the man could play. Now that is shot to hell. Smith is going to miss four huge weeks of camp and coaching and opportunities to build a rapport with the receivers. He is going to miss a few games and with a wired jaw, it will be hard for him to keep his weight up and stay in playing shape. He may have lost half a season. Now when he returns in week 5 or 8 or whatever, do we really see the real Smith? And so now a team that was ready to win in 2015 0r 2016 has no QB --again. Drafting a QB next year means 2-3 of development. Petty is 2-3 away. There is no FA QB that is going to be the answer. So this injury screwed the Jets royally. And those of you who wanted a QB competition are surely not getting one now. This is lose - lose all the way around for the team, Smith, the CS, and the fans. This goes down as one of the worst days in Jets history.

Last, those of you blaming Smith or the CS or the other players for this are so freakin' hypocritical it is unbelievable. When that dirt bag Incognito was exposed for the absolute jerk he was and the goings on in the Dolphins locker room was exposed to the world, how many of you were defending him and saying that's what the way NFL locker rooms are - they are filled with real tough violent men. Now you act as if the Jets locker room should be like church and the players should all be choir boys. So which is it? When 50-60 22-32 year olds spend all day every day together things are said and jokes are made and insults are thrown around. Some of them cross the line, like Incognito did over and over. And breaking a player's jaw crosses the line in this case also.

No NFL player deserves to have his jaw broken over $600. Should Smith have paid IK? Maybe. But Bowles is right. This was a stupid incident that should never have come to this.

This is no joke. This royally sucks for all of us. Some of you just have no clue. Unbelievable.

19. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I know right. Geno doesn't really owe him the money. Geno was doing IK a favor by attending. Why should he have to pay for not being able to do that favor?

It would be classy of Geno to offer to pay but there's no real debt here. And given the small amount, it shows a total lack of class on IK's part to demand repayment.

20. James Hasty

No one is excusing IK, he was clearly wrong.

However IK being wrong does not mean that Geno Smith has no blame in all of this.

There is nothing to be done about IK at this point because he has already been cut.

Geno Smith on the other hand is still on the roster and is a contender for the starting QB job on this team.

He had a dispute with a team mate that he failed to settle amicably.

As a result, the team suffered the loss of its starting QB.

His hands are far from clean.

Red Menace likes this.