Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Asking a special teams guy for money when you're the starting QB is pretty pathetic. And then to argue with him over his money, a guy who needs the money. Just give him is money, stop arguing with him.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  2. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

What 6th graders make 500k as a league min? It could be about money and it could be only a grand (peanuts in the grand scheme of the nfl). Someone will release what really happened soon enough.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

We don't know for sure that Geno owed IK anything.

Being that the dumb ass sucker punched him, It is apparent he may have thought Geno did, maybe Geno disagreed.

Wouldn't be the first time that people disagreed over whether $ is owed or not. The only way we know for sure is if we see them on Judge Judy.

Poeman likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't believe that little schmuck Boomer Esiason knows what happened when all of the other high profile reporters with actual sources are still in the dark. If it comes out that he's right, kudos to him for getting a scoop. But I won't believe it until I see it confirmed.

5. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, apparently Geno hasn't matured much. :(

It's always something with this team, and just when it appeared that all the pieces were FINALLY coming together!

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bills on the phone with him right now lol. Rex Ryan kind of guy.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you didn't hear them you were deaf and obviously Moss was talking about college.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Owed him money can mean any number of things...it'd be pathetic if it was borrowing money from him. So it had to be owed from a card game debt or something, IF that's the case. I know Boomer's a big-shot radio host now but who's really going to source him in the 'current' locker room and nobody else?

9. max

max Active Member

It wouldn't shock me.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Players know within the locker room. Are you telling me the other guys at Florham Park are not talking about it?

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Boomer's the only one they're talking about with it? Why would he get any special treatment, just cause he was a player who's not even a Jet fan?

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

When I find out the truth, I'm all for criticism of Smith.

Until then your just assuming and his stature based on your opinions are moot. I'm talking from a place of facts.

Fact is..

He is the Starting QB for this team.

He was having a great TC.

He was slated as the week one starter for this team.

Those facts are what I'm basing my argument on, not my opinion. I'm not a huge Geno supporter by the way but I understand that not all the facts are there yet and he was the best option for this team, determined by this current coaching staff.

All my points are within the realm of facts and reality.

Yours is based off of assumption and personal opinion.

You have a wonderful day yourself.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He does know his inside info on the NY Rangers. Not sure on the Jets.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It occurs to me it is very possible this could have a huge effect on Smith's presence on the team.

I think it likely Smith does not play much the rest of the way, if at all. So despite all the talk about his upside on both sides, pro and con, up until now, he will have gone through his third season without seeing anything one way or the other from him. Even if he plays some, he will be playing catch up. So unless he's somehow awesome cming back from this, we will go into the next off season with question marks at best about him.

How can the Jets then go into a fourth season seeing it as yet another test of Smith and what his ceiling might be?

Remember the core players will all be a year older. As others have noted here maybe this is not a win now team for 15, but by next season?

Add in what could be a reasonable assessment that Smith was not wholly blameless for this, and what it led to. Do you really want to put all your chips on Smith next off season?

Of course not. THe only way they were was if he played this season and played much better than the last two. That's off the table right now, whether you are a Smith Fan or like me not.

Says here this means the team will be looking very hard at upgrading Qb next season, even if Fitz plays well since he's not a long term solution. Of course the Jets likely would have been doing that next season anyway, but this confirms it.

15. Big Blocker

Well, it really isn't the worst day in the world for me. Unlike for some.

16. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

That isn't entirely accurate. When Pennington came into the league his accuracy was excellent and arm strength was adequate to make all the NFL throws. After he first hurt his shoulder, he arm strength to throw a deep pass was not really impacted. The reason for this is that to throw a 40+ yard throw down field you are only adding 5-10 yards depending upon the drop from the LOS and velocity is not as important as timing and accuracy. Case in point was the beautiful bomb Chad threw to Moss straight down the middle of the field against SD (I think), afterwhich he pointed to his arm.

However the REAL problem was his ability to the throw those 10-15-20 yard out plays. Before the injury he had adequate strength that was masked by great timing and accuracy. After the injury he did not have the arm strength sufficient, despite the timing and accuracy, to make those throws. That is because you need to add another 10-15 yards to those throws where VELOCITY is a key element.

The end result is that Chad became very easy to defend. Play a single high safety to cover the middle deep and have your corners sit on the out pass. That takes away the deep throw, minimizes PA and resulted in a lot of pick 6s from corners sitting.

17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Could you imagine him and Incognito on the same team? That would be some good stuff

19. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Jets always find a way....

20. Big Blocker

Excellent response. The real problem was as you say the mid range out pass. He did not have the arm strength to deliver that pass with speed and accuracy. As a result defenders did not have to worry so much about big chunks of territory and could defend mid to deep middle more than adequately. Chad's defenders blamed the CS for not going deep, but it wasn't hardly ever there.