The Officials Jets in London Thread

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by gustoonarmy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Bought my tickets today on stubhub UK... where's the tailgate?

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Booked my flight last night! I'll be landing 10/1 early morning and leaving 10/5 afternoon on Delta flights.
    Really looking forward to this. Aiming to also catch an EPL match on the Saturday.

3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

There are three at the moment on the Saturday. Arsenal vs Man U, Chelsea vs Southampton and Palace vs West Brom. You can bet your right plum that the Arse Man U game will be moved to the Sunday, or Monday...so it leaves Chelsea or Palace...Your choice, and anyone else who wants to see a PL game who is coming over.

4. bbombers1985

What's the best way to get tickets to the chelsea match? Typically, not released until a few weeks before?

5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

From what I can see on the Chelsea website, they sell general sale tix about two weeks after they initially go on sale. So, I would expect general sale tix for the Southampton game to go on sale in mid-September. Of course, there remains the possibility that they game is moved to Sunday or Monday...I'm not sure when Sky will announce their games for October.

6. bbombers1985

Good call - the game was moved. Working on Chelsea tickets now.

Are there any prearranged tailgates one may buy into at Wembley? Also, we should coordinate on a TGG meetup there.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Not seen any announcement on what they are doing for any of the UK games yet.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Screw the Premier League, you should go to see MK Dons and Bristol City (MK stands foe Manchester Killers) or head over to Craven Cottage for the Fulham /Charlton match. If you're feeling chippy drive out to Ipswich for their match with Blackburn.

Honestly though you should definitely check out Dag & Red out of League Two. Would be a great experience. Donkey is a huge League Two fan but I believe his Crawley Town is way down toward that league.

9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of any league . My team is Swindon Town (recently covered in the NY Times!), in League One. Been there too bloody long, but what else can you do but support your team.

Personally, if I had a free choice of games, I'd go to Palace or QPR for the best atmosphere. QPR is a proper old school ground. Under no circumstances go and see Milton Keynes, the club should not exist, they took a league place instead of starting at the bottom and working their up. To many (myself included) they are not a proper club. Avoid.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Ahhh Swindon Town.... I knew it was one of those towns but I knew it wasn't Grimsby. They suck hahaha.

I didn't know that about MK Dons, If my memory is correct they took over for the old Wimbledon FC that crumbled about 12-15 years ago. I have a soft spot for Palace and was glad they stayed up last year even though I have no affiliation with them.

11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

:):)
    I have a friend who supports Grimsby...

The thing about the owners of Wimbledon is that they allowed then to crumble, to facilitate a move to MK. There was a team in MK already, in Milton Keynes City. If the owners wanted to own a team in MK they should have bought then and moved up though the leagues like (you guessed it) Wimbledon did. But they decided to short cut that, and move the club away from its fan base. They didn't earn their position, they are nota proper football club in my eyes.

But Palace are fine. :)

12. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Booked my flight...now I just need to get a pair of tix for me and my english bud..
    Looking forward to this!

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

meh still trying to sort tickets for this - I am guessing that there aren't going to be any US returns as the ones for the other games seemed to go up an age ago

14. bbombers1985

There may be, but risky bet.

I bought a Chelsea FC Membership for £25 in hopes of acquiring tickets for 10/3. Apparently their tickets never reach general sale. I'll get a £5 per discount on the tickets to negate the cost. The other is sunk, but still better than secondary.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm still lookin for 2.. on a mission ..lol

16. bbombers1985

I bought my Chelsea ticket this morning. This is shaping up to be an epic sports weekend with the Chelsea match at Stamford Bridge on 10/3 and Jets at Wembley on 10/4. Now one can only hope for no rain - I won't be holding my breath on this one.

17. bbombers1985

Got an email from the Jets my tickets for the game have shipped and should arrive this week.

18. UKJet

UKJet Member

I'm a bit late to this thread... But, I'll be there :)

bbombers1985 likes this.
  19. bbombers1985

Anyone else have their tickets? I ended up in 534. First row though.

20. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Got the tickets. Block 119 Row 40.

Any body know if "American Football London" is a legit organization? See they are offering some pre-game and post-game events.